C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FYI... and other things we've noticed with our new cars; a question and answer thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 04:33 PM
yellowsnow
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FYI... and other things we've noticed with our new cars; a question and answer thread

FYI- be careful leaving your phone plugged into the USB port overnight. I left my phone in the car for a couple of hours and noticed that it is still drawing power from the cars battery to recharge, even if car is not on. I'm not sure what this means for battery life on the car, so beware.

Also, infotainment questions:
1) sometimes the song name and who's calling will appear on the HUD and sometimes it won't. Anyone know why, or how to get it to stay there? I think that feature is pretty cool.
2)How to get your contacts pictures to be displayed? This isn't quiet as important, just wondering if there is a quick and easy way to do it.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Patriot77
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I see that their technology leaves a few things to be desired.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:37 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowsnow
FYI- be careful leaving your phone plugged into the USB port overnight. I left my phone in the car for a couple of hours and noticed that it is still drawing power from the cars battery to recharge, even if car is not on. I'm not sure what this means for battery life on the car, so beware.

1) sometimes the song name and who's calling will appear on the HUD and sometimes it won't. Anyone know why, or how to get it to stay there? I think that feature is pretty cool.
2)How to get your contacts pictures to be displayed? This isn't quiet as important, just wondering if there is a quick and easy way to do it.
you might try downloading to a usb driver like you do music and see if that works i know you want it from the phone but it may give you some hep on what your trying to do ...good luck
Old 10-10-2013, 05:39 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

If your phone isn't programed properly it won't display.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:48 PM
ldepalma
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This was asked and answered in a thread yesterday by Talon90. It has to do with where your contacts come from - meaning you can sync your contacts from your smartphone or sync with the contacts in mylink. You want to sync from your smartphone only and that should get it to work....
Old 10-10-2013, 06:20 PM
c6stingray
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Just took delivery of my Z51 yesterday. The air dam below the front of it is only at the corners. There appear to be holes for mounting one all the way across. Is the air dam supposed to go all the way across the front of the Z51? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 1,033 Likes on 531 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by c6stingray
Just took delivery of my Z51 yesterday. The air dam below the front of it is only at the corners. There appear to be holes for mounting one all the way across. Is the air dam supposed to go all the way across the front of the Z51? Thanks in advance.
not on a z51, just what you have...
Old 10-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Bat7Man
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ldepalma
2)How to get your contacts pictures to be displayed? This isn't quiet as important, just wondering if there is a quick and easy way to do it. This was asked and answered in a thread yesterday by Talon90. It has to do with where your contacts come from - meaning you can sync your contacts from your smartphone or sync with the contacts in mylink. You want to sync from your smartphone only and that should get it to work....
I did as Talon said, still doesn't work
Old 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,457 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by c6stingray
Z51's don't get the center air damn because of the rear spoiler and other aero factors that the Z51 has that non-Z51's don't.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Dusty Starbucks
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really guys? You think a phone being charged on a battery the size of a cinder block, overnight or even for a week is going to be detrimental? Come on, man!

Get notified of new replies

To FYI... and other things we've noticed with our new cars; a question and answer thread

Quick Reply: FYI... and other things we've noticed with our new cars; a question and answer thread