Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official: Arctic White thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:20 PM
#1c6
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

just want to clear things up here....and correct me if I am wrong. There is no such thing as a "Z51 allocation". Allocations are based on coupe and convertible.....THAT IS IT! Every week GM comes around to each dealer and tells them what they will build for them based on those allocations. If GM "allows" them Z51, then so be it. Z51 is basically at 50% constraint. That means if you have 10 allocations, you will get 5 Z51s....IN THEORY!!! When you get those Z51s is anyone's guess!!!! Gm might come to this theoretical dealer and build/accept orders for all 5 of those Z51 "allocations" in 1 week!! They also may not offer that dealer a Z51 build for months. The reason why the high volume dealers are able to get you a Z51 build is simply numbers. They get SO MANY allocations that they will have Z51s offered to them by GM pretty much every week....which is why if you want to order and have GM accept that order, going to a high volume dealer(i.e. McMaulkin,etc.) is your best bet. In theory, not a sure bet...but most likely you will have your order accepted on the next weekly cycle. When GM is building 100+ Corvettes per month for that particular dealer, chances are you can get what you want.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is how my small time dealer explained it to me. Bottom line, small volume dealers have no clue what they are gonna get on a week to week basis. High volume dealers, it is just a matter of numbers....and the numbers are highly in their favor.

Another way to look at it simply is, GM tells the dealer what they will build for them on a week to week basis. Not the other way around....which is what people here are having a hard time grasping. If the dealer passes on what GM is offering them at that time, they lose the allocation and it goes to somebody else in the system that may want it. They can also build a floor plan stock model to retain the allocation(and build allocations for the future). I seriously doubt the large volume dealers are passing on any allocations. Which brings us full circle.....that is the reason why those dealers have so many allocations!!! They take the risk and expense of floorplanning a large number of cars!
Last edited by flyjbaker; 02-16-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:23 PM
#1c6
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

this was located on a different thread by flyjbaker
Old 02-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Volfan55
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

This is my fourth Artic White Vette along with 2001-2005-2009. They get better each time !!!
Attached Images     
Old 02-20-2014, 08:56 PM
Yamanator
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by #1c6
just want to clear things up here....and correct me if I am wrong. There is no such thing as a "Z51 allocation". Allocations are based on coupe and convertible.....THAT IS IT! Every week GM comes around to each dealer and tells them what they will build for them based on those allocations. If GM "allows" them Z51, then so be it. Z51 is basically at 50% constraint. That means if you have 10 allocations, you will get 5 Z51s....IN THEORY!!! When you get those Z51s is anyone's guess!!!! Gm might come to this theoretical dealer and build/accept orders for all 5 of those Z51 "allocations" in 1 week!! They also may not offer that dealer a Z51 build for months. The reason why the high volume dealers are able to get you a Z51 build is simply numbers. They get SO MANY allocations that they will have Z51s offered to them by GM pretty much every week....which is why if you want to order and have GM accept that order, going to a high volume dealer(i.e. McMaulkin,etc.) is your best bet. In theory, not a sure bet...but most likely you will have your order accepted on the next weekly cycle. When GM is building 100+ Corvettes per month for that particular dealer, chances are you can get what you want.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is how my small time dealer explained it to me. Bottom line, small volume dealers have no clue what they are gonna get on a week to week basis. High volume dealers, it is just a matter of numbers....and the numbers are highly in their favor.

Another way to look at it simply is, GM tells the dealer what they will build for them on a week to week basis. Not the other way around....which is what people here are having a hard time grasping. If the dealer passes on what GM is offering them at that time, they lose the allocation and it goes to somebody else in the system that may want it. They can also build a floor plan stock model to retain the allocation(and build allocations for the future). I seriously doubt the large volume dealers are passing on any allocations. Which brings us full circle.....that is the reason why those dealers have so many allocations!!! They take the risk and expense of floorplanning a large number of cars!
Last edited by flyjbaker; 02-16-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Good find. So yeah it's a matter of numbers...
Old 02-20-2014, 11:31 PM
Flamehart
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamanator
Good find. So yeah it's a matter of numbers...
Most excellent...someone with answers. Thank you for taking the time to give us this great information. You're the best!:salute
Old 02-26-2014, 05:13 PM
vampz13x
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nice job!

I too prefer the small spoiler. The Z51 spoiler looks terrible IMO and a cheap add on. I did the same as you but ordered a convertible 2LT red so I get red seats with red stitching along withe chrome wheels and red calipers. I can't fricking wait to see it. Are you happy with the size of the rear tires? I feel the Z51 20" look nicer but I really hate the spoiler.
Originally Posted by CaryKen
I built a page to show off my car to distant friends and family, so I'll just put the link here rather than duplicating all my efforts and taking up thread space.

http://www.wsuccess.com/download/kenc7.html

I got the non-Z51 model with the exposed CF roof. I actually prefer the small spoiler, plus it has the advantage of automatically coming in black, which fits in with the other black trim pieces all over the car. I would have gone with the carbon flash mirrors, but that's too much money for just the mirrors. I think it would only make economic sense on a Z51.

I kept the interior black just to maintain the simple two-color theme throughout the entire vehicle. I've had differing opinions on the gray contrast stitching in the interior, but I think it looks very snazzy and I'm quite pleased.

I also like the fact that we get to be the only owners where the car display on the driver cluster and nav unit matches our actual body color! Just goes to show that Chevy knew this was the best color.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

As the OP who started this thread I am really impressed with the response to the OFFICIAL ARCTIC WHITE color thread.

Over 63,000 views making this the 5th most popular post on CF !!

Next color up is the BLACK thread with just over 31,000 hits.

In actual sales this is the second most popular color after torch red.

Keep them pics and videos coming.

As for me today I received, finally, my TPW date of first week of April.

The toy is coming...

Old 02-28-2014, 04:19 PM
The Spark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SS Racing
Placed my order. It is in preliminary stage. I don't have a tracking number yet.

Arctic white Z51 convertible
3LT
Black top
Brownstone interior
7 speed
Chrome wheels
Red calipers
MSRC
NPP
Carbon fiber dash
Battery tender

It is going to look real nice next to my other Stingray

Arctic white
dark saddle leather interior
black top
4 speed
A/C, PS, PB, PW

Got my order number from the dealer.

Still in "order placed" status. But I'm closer to getting my Vette than I was yesterday.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:31 PM
WheelsBoutique
Supporting Vendor

It doesnt get any better than white.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:47 PM
tkbigsky
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tired of waiting for the car to arrive; ordered 12/8, built 2/3 and still in transit so will post build specs until it arrives. I love the AW color I think it looks more like a lambo. Z51 3LT Coupe, Jet Black Interior, Performance Exhaust, Mag Ride, Carbon Flash mirrors / spoiler, black wheels, red calipers, battery tender. Tried to get FAY; carbon fiber interior but, on constraint when ordered. Living in MT I didn't expect a quick delivery but, getting close to 4 weeks in transit doesn't make sense. Last tracked in WY on Monday so hopefully arriving soon. Most likely will have it transported on a flatbed to my heated garage as it continues to snow and temps are still really low. Can't wait till Spring.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:49 PM
onyx_z71
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Zee51Vert
As the OP who started this thread I am really impressed with the response to the OFFICIAL ARCTIC WHITE color thread.

Over 63,000 views making this the 5th most popular post on CF !!

Next color up is the BLACK thread with just over 31,000 hits.

In actual sales this is the second most popular color after torch red.

Keep them pics and videos coming.

As for me today I received, finally, my TPW date of first week of April.

The toy is coming...

I almost went with black wheels on my AW Z51 order like so many others, but after not really being able to see the style of the wheel because it was black in so many pictures, I went with the silver ones like you did, and while I don't see very many Arctic White Z51's with silver wheels, I think they look good on the car.

My car has a TPW of 3/10, so hopefully in April I will be able to contribute pics of my car to this thread.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:54 PM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Originally Posted by onyx_z71
I almost went with black wheels on my AW Z51 order like so many others, but after not really being able to see the style of the wheel because it was black in so many pictures, I went with the silver ones like you did, and while I don't see very many Arctic White Z51's with silver wheels, I think they look good on the car.

My car has a TPW of 3/10, so hopefully in April I will be able to contribute pics of my car to this thread.
Not a fan of black wheels or chrome so silver painted was my only choice. Machine faced would be nice but as you know not available on MY 14'. looking forward to your pics here on AW COLOR THREAD!!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:53 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Zee51Vert
Not a fan of black wheels or chrome so silver painted was my only choice. Machine faced would be nice but as you know not available on MY 14'. looking forward to your pics here on AW COLOR THREAD!!
I went with silver wheels on my order as well. I kept the mirrors and spoiler white too, but added the exposed carbon roof.

The hardest part of the wait for the car has been since it was produced on 2/13 and shipped. It's in a layover in Cheyenne in a rail yard right now.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:19 AM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Originally Posted by HalfMoon
I went with silver wheels on my order as well. I kept the mirrors and spoiler white too, but added the exposed carbon roof.

The hardest part of the wait for the car has been since it was produced on 2/13 and shipped. It's in a layover in Cheyenne in a rail yard right now.
Hang in there its coming!! Looking forward to your pics here on the OAWT !!
Old 03-03-2014, 08:56 PM
14white-vette
Heel & Toe

Default Just picked up on 3-1

Z51, 2LT with carbon fiber roof, auto, carbon fiber interior, navigation, performance exhause, red brake calipers, and mag suspension. I didnt get the carbon flash mirrors and spoiler cause I love the white mirrors and I'm getting the carbon fiber spoiler.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 14white-vette; 03-03-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:34 PM
cattman
Instructor

Similar to above, but I've got carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Z51, 2LT, A6, carbon roof, carbon dash, red calipers, nav, mag ride, performance exhaust, carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.
Attached Images   

Last edited by cattman; 03-03-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:16 PM
The Spark
Melting Slicks

I went with the chrome wheels. My AW 72 Stingray has rally wheels which are chrome rings and center cap with silver painted wheel. Thought about going with the silver painted wheels on the C7 but the chrome looks good on the 72. We shall see. Figure I can't go wrong with an AW C7 no matter what color wheels.

Get notified of new replies

To Official: Arctic White thread

Old 03-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Diver Down
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cattman
Similar to above, but I've got carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Z51, 2LT, A6, carbon roof, carbon dash, red calipers, nav, mag ride, performance exhaust, carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.
Nice. The car I ordered last week looks like yours.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:07 PM
vampz13x
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello all! Where are all the AW pics?? I'm anxiously awaiting mine to go into production and keep checking this thread... and nothing! Help feed my need for photos
Old 03-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Originally Posted by vampz13x
Hello all! Where are all the AW pics?? I'm anxiously awaiting mine to go into production and keep checking this thread... and nothing! Help feed my need for photos
Feeling the same withdrawal effects myself these days...I have asked many times over to see pics of an AW Z51 vert with 2LT Kalahari and silver wheels.

Nada, niet so far....

My wife says I'm a real PITA...Need my car soon or I'll go...

TPW March 31st...I should make it...

Quick Reply: Official: Arctic White thread