C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car shipped 7 days ago and it still isn't here. Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:36 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default My car shipped 7 days ago and it still isn't here. Anyone else?

I know TN to CA is a long way and a driver must take a mandated break period but the the truck should have been on the road for at least 65 hours now, no?

It left last Thursday morning. I know I saw one person who had a car show 5000 early and his car wasn't there.

I heard of one car being delivered with a vandalized rear window. Anyone else been in 4200 for over a week? I feel like everything is telling me this car is cursed. Especially with the issues other Nashville's are having with QC issues.

I don't know how trucking laws work but I know it is VERY rare I ship something through UPS and it takes more than 5 days.

Maybe they should start UPSing cars
Old 10-09-2013, 06:40 PM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the driver might have stopped off and had a few humps with his partner ???

Its happened with my BMW coming from Kalifornia. Driver wanted to stop off at
the house for a couple day of pickle tickle...... They traced the car and found it.
So guess they can take some personal time
Old 10-09-2013, 06:52 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Dealer just called. It will be tonight or tomorrow morning depending on if the truck driver needs to stop.

GM needs to get that rail up and running. These trucks are taking way too long. I am the first stop too so his whole load time may take 9 days one way
Old 10-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WildVettes
Dealer just called. It will be tonight or tomorrow morning depending on if the truck driver needs to stop.

GM needs to get that rail up and running. These trucks are taking way too long. I am the first stop too so his whole load time may take 9 days one way
Shipping by rail would probably add two days to the trip to CA.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:03 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Duke/Earl
My dealer says their average ship time is 4 days. That is by rail on the other cars they carry.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:56 AM
48supertruck
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Mine shipped on Wednesday last week and is still not here, but my status changed to 5000 on Monday along with the whole truckload. My dealer was contacting GM tonight to find out with is going on. This does not make any sense. What dealer is yours going to?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:05 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by 48supertruck
Mine shipped on Wednesday last week and is still not here, but my status changed to 5000 on Monday along with the whole truckload. My dealer was contacting GM tonight to find out with is going on. This does not make any sense. What dealer is yours going to?
It was a Nashville truck headed to all over SoCal. My car was the first stop and was unloaded right around 430-445. If your car was going to SoCal from Nashville I am pretty sure you will see it dropped off tomorrow.

Where is yours going?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:11 AM
HummelS
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Duke/Earl
Ship by rail will also add "rail dust" (steel filings) to your finish.

[Edit] Maybe not so bad now that they're covering the cars completely.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:13 AM
48supertruck
Pro

It is going to No.Cal and 8 of the cars on the truck are going to my dealer, but I don't know where the other three are going. They could be going to so.cal. The problem is, why was the status changed to 5000 on Monday and the whole truckload has not been delivered yet. What I want to know is, who is in charge of changing the status codes when a car gets delivered? The trucking company, the dealer, the porter who excepts the cars, who. ..... And with gps on the trucks and gps in every car "On star", how is this possible?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:19 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by 48supertruck
It is going to No.Cal and 8 of the cars on the truck are going to my dealer, but I don't know where the other three are going. They could be going to so.cal. The problem is, why was the status changed to 5000 on Monday and the whole truckload has not been delivered yet. What I want to know is, who is in charge of changing the status codes when a car gets delivered? The trucking company, the dealer, the porter who excepts the cars, who. ..... And with gps on the trucks and gps in every car "On star", how is this possible?
It is possible. Yours will not be the first I have seen move to 5000 before being delivered. I am guessing the carrier reports it is delivered and GM updates it to 5000 status. The shipping company has made it pretty clear they aren't worried about the fastest turn around.

In this case it really isn't GM's fault. I wouldn't be surprised if this new carrier is switched fairly quickly into the model run. Quite a few cars have been damaged in transport and they are moving slowly.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:36 AM
48supertruck
Pro

I hope this is case and the slow driver shows up tomorrow. I don't really care that is it is taking this long, I am more annoyed at the flawed system, there is something wrong with a delivery system that allows the trucking company to mark the shipment delivered when it is not. I can understand that drivers could cheat shipments a day early maybe to benefit their paycheck or something, but not 4 days. Worst case scenario is they delivered the whole load to wrong dealer, which I heard of before.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:48 AM
mt. view
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Left Nashville last Thursday for Spokane, nothing yet, and what is sad there is no communication. Maybe he is sitting in that snow storm.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:53 AM
michael m baily
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mt. view
Left Nashville last Thursday for Spokane, nothing yet, and what is sad there is no communication. Maybe he is sitting in that snow storm.
Bill B was at Laural Mont. dealer who unloaded six cars, all sold and said there was another truck loaded coming today, maybe yours in Spokane and mine in Seattle, I will be talking to my dealer today. We have a auto show here next Wednesday hopefully they will finally have one I can see ,if mine does not make it.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WildVettes
My dealer says their average ship time is 4 days. That is by rail on the other cars they carry.
That may be Nashville to San Bernardino. Got to add in wait time for transfer to truck in San Bernardino. Also truck from BG to railhead at Nashville. My dealer says 7-8 days by truck. More than that for train.

BTW, mine showed up at dealer on Wed. Picking it up later today.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:58 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

All depends on the driver.

The one we had from Nashville to VA, Aprox. 10 hour non-stop took 5 days to get to us including a "reset" He wasn't in a hurry, he was a nice older man that just did it until he retired.

He would start his day at 10 and end at 6 while driving out of his 14 he's allowed. On delivery day he started at 10 and ended at 3!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

I have an expected delivery to the SF Bay Area today - hopefully my car is one of the 3 you mentioned did not belong to your dealer. My car has been in transit since Monday, but my dealer thought it would have been here by now.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 AM
48supertruck
Pro

Originally Posted by Jimbob26
I have an expected delivery to the SF Bay Area today - hopefully my car is one of the 3 you mentioned did not belong to your dealer. My car has been in transit since Monday, but my dealer thought it would have been here by now.
Does your status show 4200 shipped or 5000 delivered to dealer?

Get notified of new replies

To My car shipped 7 days ago and it still isn't here. Anyone else?

Old 10-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

As of yesterday it still shows 4200 (GMers list still shows yesterday was the last update and I know he mentioned there would be some days he would not be able to update the list). While I want my car as soon as possible and would love to have it this weekend, i am more concerned with the car arriving damaged, which has happened to others. One Forum member had a broken windshield, another had a wheel and tire needing to be replaced, and scratches on the car itself. THis would make me crazy.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:18 PM
EvilC7
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wild, I believe your car is on the same truck as mine. Your dealer should have received your car around 8:00am today because he passed by Riverside on the 91 freeway around then. I am tracking my car through OnStar and the truck is currently at Bob Stall Chevrolet in San Diego.

Good luck with your car-- if you havent talked to your dealer yet, give them a ring and set up the time to pick yours up.. mine should be delivered today!

PS- the truck left on Oct. 4th but he didnt drive on the weekend as he was in Tennessee as of Monday morning
Old 10-10-2013, 01:34 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by EvilC7
Wild, I believe your car is on the same truck as mine. Your dealer should have received your car around 8:00am today because he passed by Riverside on the 91 freeway around then. I am tracking my car through OnStar and the truck is currently at Bob Stall Chevrolet in San Diego.

Good luck with your car-- if you havent talked to your dealer yet, give them a ring and set up the time to pick yours up.. mine should be delivered today!

PS- the truck left on Oct. 4th but he didnt drive on the weekend as he was in Tennessee as of Monday morning
Mine was delivered last night at 445 pm. On my way to pick it up now. Good luck with yours.

Quick Reply: My car shipped 7 days ago and it still isn't here. Anyone else?