Sponsored by:

First day with my C7

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesterissimo
I did encounter the dusk dimming issue - it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be since I still had no problem seeing the dash screen, but the center screen was pretty bad. I'm glad they're gonna do something about it.

Yes this is a little annoying. I hadn't heard that it was being addressed. Any details?
Old 10-08-2013, 12:41 PM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

"...fabric in the wheel wheels.." What is that all about? First time I've heard or seen anything like that. Please elaborate.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:15 PM
jsc7vette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by HDBADDOG55
"...fabric in the wheel wheels.." What is that all about? First time I've heard or seen anything like that. Please elaborate.
It is a sound deadening material that is highly effective. As necessary all you need to do is hose it down and any debris washes off effortlessly. My XTS has the same system.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:17 PM
jsc7vette
Instructor

Great write-up Jesterissimo Helps to increase one's chomping at the bit until our C7s are here.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:18 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jsc7vette
It is a sound deadening material that is highly effective. As necessary all you need to do is hose it down and any debris washes off effortlessly. My XTS has the same system.
Agree... effective indeed on getting debris & road rash off... my Boss 302 also has this type of carpeted lining in both rear wheel wells.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:22 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,458 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Congrats on the new 7.

Sounds like you're having a good time with it.

Enjoy and be safe.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Jesterissimo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DonOH
Thanks for the review.

Is this your first Vette? If not, do you think it scrapes more or less than the C6?

I can barely get a C6 in and out of my garage now (steep downward drive and can't angle in). If the undercar air deflector is in a worse placement, it will rip off first time I pull in.
First vette so I can't help you there. A guy who was doing some work at my house today got down low in front and said he thought it was less than 4 inches.

Originally Posted by Magister Ludi
Yes this is a little annoying. I hadn't heard that it was being addressed. Any details?
Saw in another thread either here or on one of the other vette forums (don't know if I'm allowed to say their names here, some forum owners don't like it when you do that) a post from talon indicating that it was going to be addressed - but that's all the post said.

More additions:

1 - The car doesn't smell good when you park it after a drive, its obvious that some of the chemicals used at the factory are still burning off so you may want to let it air out in your driveway for an hour or so before you put it to bed for the night.

2 - GM has captured the 10 year old demographic as the neighborhood kid was riding by on a bike and almost fell off staring at it. I also got a few truck drivers honking their horns until I shot them a thumbs up. And of course I passed a few construction sites on the road today and at each one the cops who were supposed to be directing traffic just rubbernecked the thing.

3 - Minor bug, the mirrors drop down when you shift to reverse but they don't go back to their normal positions like they should, so you have to either disable that feature or manually readjust them again. Hopefully they patch that in the software because I like the reverse drop down feature and don't want to have to disable it forever.

4 - The touch screen can be a little awkward when trying to go through more of the favorites at the bottom - you want to just swipe but you have to push in and swipe - the screen requires a lot of actual pressure to register your commands - if possible I'd like to see them adjust the sensitivity a bit you that the swiping doesn't require the same pressure an actual button push does.

Heading out to the driveway now to snap pics - although I did grab one in a parking lot today that had a few other cars in it, so you may be able to get a good idea of size when I post it later. Expect those pics sometime tonight after the redsox playoff game
Old 10-08-2013, 04:35 PM
tentorium
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great write up on first thoughts. I'm sure all would agree that you made the short list of individuals who can in such conversational detail make the reader feel like they are sitting next to you.

It would be nice for those of us anticipating delivery to see a list of items to be on the specific look out for. Known or otherwise. Not necessarily from you. A sticky perhaps.

I had the opportunity to peruse, without touching of course, 3 Z51s at my dealer. Unfortunately, I was a day late on running across the thread regarding inferior paint seam near spoiler/brake light.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Jesterissimo
Instructor

OK - pics are up early - I'll try to go back and post them properly here with descriptions later but for now they're all on my flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robcumm...7636337659434/
Old 10-08-2013, 06:23 PM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

I'm a owner and my first day I really liked it. My second day I was kind of in awe of it. My 4th day I'm in love with it. This car has really grown on me as a work of art. They got everything right on this car. Being 6'5" most sports cars that sit this low cars are a chore to drive and fit in. This car feels like I have owned it for years everything fits and falls in hand just right. Oh year here is a picture since there haven't been any in this post.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 450hp mike9; 10-08-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:31 PM
jsc7vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by 450hp mike9
I'm a owner and my first day I really liked it. My second day I was kind of in awe of it. My 4th day I'm in love with it. This car has really grown on me as a work of art. They got everything right on this car. Being 6'5" most sports cars that sit this low cars are a chore to drive and fit in. This car feels like I have owned it for years everything fits and falls in hand just right. Oh year here is a picture since there haven been any.
Wow, 6'5" and it is an easy fit. That is amazing and great to hear. As to the picture, I can't find it
Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesterissimo
First vette so I can't help you there. A guy who was doing some work at my house today got down low in front and said he thought it was less than 4 inches.
)
Thanks anyway.

The C6 has to be less than 4" inches also. I need to figure out the length of the overhang and see if it will be worse.

Have fun!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:17 PM
YellowC5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one great write up - thank you.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:25 PM
coupeguyz51
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by khoeysr
Great stuff. Just what us "almost owners" need. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,930 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Very nice writeup and congrats on the new car!

Michael
Old 10-09-2013, 02:00 AM
TurrizT
Racer

Loved the review! You made me want to go out in the garage and sit in my car and appreciate it again just like you. Enjoy!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 685 Likes on 508 Posts

Really enjoyed your feedback and experience with your C7! Please continue to enjoy .

Happy driving,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Get notified of new replies

To First day with my C7

Old 10-13-2013, 07:53 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Congrats........here's a tip for backing up. Adjust your mirrors so you can see the lower part of the car and curb or whatnot, save it in memory location 2 so whenever you have to back up just hit the button and mirrors adjust, when you're done hit number 1 button and you're back to normal.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:01 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Nice write up
Old 10-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,150 Posts

Originally Posted by DonOH
Thanks anyway.

The C6 has to be less than 4" inches also. I need to figure out the length of the overhang and see if it will be worse.

Have fun!
Don regarding the front height..... My 13 GS was probably 2 inches lower. The C7 straddles lot of places the GS would scrap unless I went in at an angle.

Going to lower it an inch and I think I will still have more clearance then the C6.

Quick Reply: First day with my C7