My dealer is horrible...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 09:02 PM
OddJob1971
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by harlold
I love the fact these old school dealers haven't figured out their old games don't work in the age of social media and forums.
Unfortunately they get enough first time cars buyers or weak in the knees buyers that they still are able to stay in business. All you can do is walk and let as many people as you can know to stay away from them. I had a local dealer here try and screw me when I tried to order my C7. They gave my allocation away to other buyers who were willing to pay 3k markup after taking my deposit. Let's just say the floor manager was doing everything he could to get me out of his dealership after the scene I caused. Got in my car and call another dealer, gave deposit over phone, had my car 7 weeks later. I've tolD every person I know to avoid that dealership.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harlold
I love the fact these old school dealers haven't figured out their old games don't work in the age of social media and forums.
Social media is everything! They can bring people together or destroy lives!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:04 PM
FEAR
Pro

ohh id take out nothing short of a billboard telling the local community how you were treated. its a couple grand but worht it, i'll donate $40 for the cause!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:05 PM
FEAR
Pro

just start a thread on every forum you can fins using the dalership name, really mess with his google results
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OddJob1971
Unfortunately they get enough first time cars buyers or weak in the knees buyers that they still are able to stay in business. All you can do is walk and let as many people as you can know to stay away from them. I had a local dealer here try and screw me when I tried to order my C7. They gave my allocation away to other buyers who were willing to pay 3k markup after taking my deposit. Let's just say the floor manager was doing everything he could to get me out of his dealership after the scene I caused. Got in my car and call another dealer, gave deposit over phone, had my car 7 weeks later. I've tolD every person I know to avoid that dealership.
Who is the dealer so I know to stay away?
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger
So after finding the sill issue I called customer service and they are handling the issue thankfully and koodos to them... My General Manager Jonathan Pittman calls me and threatens me over the phone because I called customer service to let them know... He told me is going to hold my car and I asked how long and he said as long as he likes.... I will be escalating this with the regional manager
It is time for tape recorder to be hooked up to your phone and for you to avoid any conversations with any officials involved with you and your car without one

First check the legality of this (a few minutes online is all it takes) where you live, but even when illegal, once you have the proof on tape this is usually sufficient to accomplish what you want done
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FEAR
ohh id take out nothing short of a billboard telling the local community how you were treated. its a couple grand but worht it, i'll donate $40 for the cause!
Gotta love freedom of speech! Haha
Old 10-07-2013, 09:06 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Reverse your check? Like decide they are not going to sell it to you after the contract was signed?

WOW...this is unreal. Did you walk under a ladder after breaking a mirror and spotting a black cat right before you bought this car? Sorry for the horrible luck Drake, it can only get better.

I'd suggest calling the customer service folks and making a report on this guy specifically.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Shurshot
It is time for tape recorder to be hooked up to your phone and for you to avoid any conversations with any officials involved with you and your car without one

First check the legality of this (a few minutes online is all it takes) where you live, but even when illegal, once you have the proof on tape this is usually sufficient to accomplish what you want done
He called me on this personal cell on purpose because the dealer records all convos
Old 10-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Reverse your check? Like decide they are not going to sell it to you after the contract was signed?

WOW...this is unreal. Did you walk under a ladder after breaking a mirror and spotting a black cat right before you bought this car? Sorry for the horrible luck Drake, it can only get better.

I'd suggest calling the customer service folks and making a report on this guy specifically.
I already did I have a case manger for my sills and now on Mr. Pittman
Old 10-07-2013, 09:09 PM
OddJob1971
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

We need to start a list of dealers to avoid and dealers to buy from. I'll start, Stingray Chevy in Plant City, FL. One of the best dealerships I've ever bought from. First class.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OddJob1971
We need to start a list of dealers to avoid and dealers to buy from. I'll start, Stingray Chevy in Plant City, FL. One of the best dealerships I've ever bought from. First class.
Avoid Radley in Fredericksburg, VA they like to threaten to take your already bought car from you...
bevo_87
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They told me they can reverse the check? My bank says they can't without my authorization lol dumb a$$es
You are a better man than me. I would tell him to @#$@# off as i was taking my check back from him. There will be tons of C7s out there, where the dealers will need to actually "sell" the car to me. This is the kind of situation that my wife would tell me, "I will go to the dealer with you to pick up the deposit, but will stay in the car"..lol Then, i would ask all of you to go to a review board and slam him.... This board could make his life miserable.
FEAR
Pro

whats mr pittmans first name
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Jonathan
Old 10-07-2013, 09:12 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Shurshot

Can't do this without advising the party it is being recorded.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:12 PM
ACRucrazy
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Get notified of new replies

To My dealer is horrible...

Old 10-07-2013, 09:13 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

He called me on this personal cell on purpose because the dealer records all convos
You should post his personal cell number so folks can call him at a time of their choosing, from all over the country, to tell him he needs to do the right thing.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bevo_87
You are a better man than me. I would tell him to @#$@# off as i was taking my check back from him. There will be tons of C7s out there, where the dealers will need to actually "sell" the car to me. This is the kind of situation that my wife would tell me, "I will go to the dealer with you to pick up the deposit, but will stay in the car"..lol Then, i would ask all of you to go to a review board and slam him.... This board could make his life miserable.
That's the idea! He was so rude to me even when I was excited about my car... Told me I can't sit in it telling me to get my dirty hands off it... I already bought the car and he is telling me this
Old 10-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Thank you guys so much for the support... Even though I don't have my car it feels good to have you guys! I like putting bad people in their place... Their is no room for them in this world!

Quick Reply: My dealer is horrible...