C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad news for my Museum delivery tomorrow. My C7 is missing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 04:20 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Brivette77
Museum said they are booked solid and can't fit me in right away
That is terrible. It was the factory's fault for shipping it wrong but you'd think the museum would try to help as a goodwill gesture.

Good luck with it
Old 10-09-2013, 04:26 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
I kind of figure that would be an issue. I do hope they do something special for you after all this. I know that an R8C is on my bucket list and I hope it will be in a few years when I spring for a C7. I don't know what i would do if I as all set for the trip and had to get the news you received.

Well good luck and I guess a few more weeks won't kill you. Keep us informed.

Someone owes him complimentary R8C delivery at the very least...
Old 10-09-2013, 04:35 PM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

It is terrible this happend to the OP and I sure hope it does not happen to me on my R8C, but neither GM nor the Museum have any obligation to pay any compensation here.

Not to be a wet blanket, but when you sign up for R8C you have to sign a form that releases the Museum and GM from any liability for compensation in the event delivery is delayed.

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/ncm_de...wledgment2.pdf

From the form:

IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The undersigned acknowledge the following terms and conditions concerning the Museum delivery process:

We are all warned when we opt for R8C that this can happen. Let's just hope it is very rare.
    Old 10-09-2013, 04:47 PM
    Bill Dearborn
    Tech Contributor

Received 8,960 Likes on 5,346 Posts

Originally Posted by Runnn
    Translation = QC hold. My museum delivery in 2007 (LMB Z51 Coupe) was processed and delivered to me with about 35 miles on the car when normally they have about 5-7 or so??????? Don't think for one minute they don't know where a car is... they kno where ALL cares are--they have bar codes. etc for that sort of thing. When I asked how my car got all those miles and had lots of rocks and a sandy base in the wheel wells I surmised theory drove it many, many times around the test track, in the rain no doubt, to see if fix took care of issue. QC HOLD is a common occurrence and hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

I don't care how many test mules they build prior to live production, there always have and always will be build/QC issues during the first year (especially the first 6-9 months) of a model changeover... especially a revolutionary change like the going from C6 to C7. Lest we forget, there's a lots of folks working at BG who are newer and don't have the knowledge and expertise many of the old hats who built these cars for years and years had. Best of luck!
    Are you suggesting the car on the carrier is getting some sort of QC check while it heads back to Kentucky from Michigan?

Bill
    Old 10-09-2013, 04:49 PM
    R&L's C6
    Race Director
    Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by adamsocb
    It is terrible this happend to the OP and I sure hope it does not happen to me on my R8C, but neither GM nor the Museum have any obligation to pay any compensation here.

Not to be a wet blanket, but when you sign up for R8C you have to sign a form that releases the Museum and GM from any liability for compensation in the event delivery is delayed.

From the form:

The undersigned acknowledge the following terms and conditions concerning the Museum delivery process:

We are all warned when we opt for R8C that this can happen. Let's just hope it is very rare.
      Does that still apply up to the day you're scheduled to get on a plane and they cancel at the very last second? I can understand if the assembly line is behind for some reason but the car was produced and someone screwed up and lost it.
      Old 10-09-2013, 04:50 PM
      Bill Dearborn
      Tech Contributor

Received 8,960 Likes on 5,346 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
      You missed your flight because your car went missing. Now it is found and brought back to the museum. They tell you they are booked and can't do it for two weeks. This is **** poor customer service. They should have squeeze you in right a way. Why couldn't your delivery either be the first one of the day or the last one.
      They only have so much time in the day to deliver the cars. If you were one of the deliveries already scheduled for that day would you want to get screwed because of a mess up on another car? Then they would have two or more Customers upset.

Bill
      Old 10-09-2013, 04:54 PM
      BWF07
      Le Mans Master

Received 824 Likes on 393 Posts
      St. Jude Donor '11
      Oldtimer

From the form:

I understand their stance on this, as there is always the chance that the can cause a unforeseen delay, but when you they (not the museum) misplace a car and they don't realize it until the day before the pickup, it seems that they should do something.
        Old 10-09-2013, 04:56 PM
        BWF07
        Le Mans Master

Received 824 Likes on 393 Posts
        St. Jude Donor '11
        Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Fast Lane
        Someone at NCM must have seen your car leaving for parts unknown.
        These cars are at the factory they put on a hauler to bring them over to the museum. No one at the museum keeps an eye on every car in the factory lot. Someone over there in shipping dropped the ball I would suspect.
        Old 10-09-2013, 05:14 PM
        Brivette77
        Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Receiving C7's

When the hauler comes to the museum does any body check the VIN
        numbers at the museum to see if the right cars are delivered!
        Old 10-09-2013, 05:20 PM
        RPOZ51
        Race Director

Location: For the strength of the pack is the wolf . . . . . . and the strength of the wolf is the pack.
        Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

From the form:

This provision would have been better drafted in favor of GM without this clause:

"Due to the dynamics of the production process . . ."

The trouble here wasn't caused by the production process, but a delivery snafu.

I'd make some noise, and appeal to a higher authority.
          Old 10-09-2013, 05:25 PM
          AORoads
          Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
          St. Jude Donor '15
          "In honor of jpee"

From the form:

Yes, that above is true. And I believe everything both Paul and others have said. But the above also clearly spells out, "...due to delays in production and delivery date." There was NO delay in production---the car was on the trailer, going everywhere. The reason for the missed delivery date is not due to the car not being produced. It was mis-routed. And people at least in two locations didn't know it, didn't catch it until the day the customer was to arrive for "delivery" or pick up of the car.

It is a matter of logistics, and everyone who knows scheduling knows how to do this. This is one of a very, very, very rare instance where a car went awry---not due to production or delivery problems other than not having a car which was already produced.

As to delivering it sooner, pushing out someone else, etc. I can't speak to that. But if it were me, I'd schedule it around the buyer, the OP of this thread, and I'd make a special place somewhere on the floor of the delivery area and get another lead guide for the day. Just a suggestion. I have every respect for the Museum staff who always do an excellent job.
            Old 10-09-2013, 05:40 PM
            Fast Lane
            Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
            CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by BWF07
            These cars are at the factory they put on a hauler to bring them over to the museum. No one at the museum keeps an eye on every car in the factory lot. Someone over there in shipping dropped the ball I would suspect.
            I war referring to the HAHABYE tag on this Laguna Blue car. Someone predicted a missing car and bid it goodbye.
            Old 10-09-2013, 05:41 PM
            zr-1 guy
            Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how in the hell does something like this happen? this isn't like painting the car the wrong custom color of blue (bmw). you can walk to the plant in 15 mintues and they lose a car? go home gm you're drunk
            Old 10-09-2013, 05:42 PM
            Dugmole
            Drifting
            Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
            St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Finally the voice of reason and not another Chevrolet apologist.
            Old 10-09-2013, 05:49 PM
            jschindler
            Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

From the form:

Companies that understand good customer service don't hide behind legal terms and conditions if the circumstances don't warrant it. In this case, the car was built on time, it was simply "lost", and the buyer was literally about to board a plane for the delivery.

In my book that is a circumstance that GM (not the Museum) should recognize as a mistake on their part and should waive the charge. Anything less tells me that we are still dealing with the old GM, and not the one that claims that they are not the old GM.
              Old 10-09-2013, 05:57 PM
              R&L's C6
              Race Director
              Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jschindler
              Companies that understand good customer service don't hide behind legal terms and conditions if the circumstances don't warrant it. In this case, the car was built on time, it was simply "lost", and the buyer was literally about to board a plane for the delivery.

In my book that is a circumstance that GM (not the Museum) should recognize as a mistake on their part and should waive the charge. Anything less tells me that we are still dealing with the old GM, and not the one that claims that they are not the old GM.

It would be refreshing (for a change) for the responsible party who fu*#ed something up to just step forward and take responsibility for it. I know, crazy idea....
              Old 10-09-2013, 06:06 PM
              RPOZ51
              Race Director

Location: For the strength of the pack is the wolf . . . . . . and the strength of the wolf is the pack.
              Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler

I agree. This shouldn't be about legalities and technicalities, but about customer relationships.

It takes a lot of hard work to build a good reputation, and one little ding can blow it all out the window.

They can get a lot of mileage right here out of doing the right thing.

Get notified of new replies

To Bad news for my Museum delivery tomorrow. My C7 is missing!

Old 10-09-2013, 06:39 PM
              harlold
              Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
              You missed your flight because your car went missing. Now it is found and brought back to the museum. They tell you they are booked and can't do it for two weeks. This is **** poor customer service. They should have squeeze you in right a way. Why couldn't your delivery either be the first one of the day or the last one.
              It is unreal. So there was a snafu, it happens. It is how it is dealt with afterwards that defines excellent customer service.
              Old 10-09-2013, 06:46 PM
              jschindler
              Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by harlold
              It is unreal. So there was a snafu, it happens. It is how it is dealt with afterwards that defines excellent customer service.
              Old 10-09-2013, 07:45 PM
              sam90lx
              Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Anyone check in Panama?

Quick Reply: Bad news for my Museum delivery tomorrow. My C7 is missing!