C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Corvette Rear Bumper w/Round taillights - Our first shot, are we on right track?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JV3
Agree completely.

The car has to be seen in person to be appreciated. Before I sold my C6, and both cars were side by side in the garage, it occurred to me just how "right" the new car's rear end looks.

I'll be making a trip to Florence in a few weeks. Thought for sure I'd have the only Stingray west of the beach.
Yep. I wasn't sold on the new taillights until I saw it in person, then I had to have one. Pictures don't do them justice, and I think it's because of the three dimensional depth of them. They're nothing like the lights on the Camaro once you see them in reality as opposed to a 2-D screen.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
gregb1812
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree it's nice to have a few different options for the tail lights. I personally did not like the round lights and am happy with the C7 redesign.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:47 AM
mikepilot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that works better than just a 'vomit' face

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I like it as is else I WOULD have offered an alternative idea.

How's that work for you?
Old 05-26-2014, 01:49 AM
mikepilot
Intermediate

ya it all makes sense now. they listened to a young lady for ideas about the styling.

Originally Posted by MikeMaj82
So they'll attract new customers but lose current ones.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:54 AM
mikepilot
Intermediate

gee thanks for the constructive criticism. how about you submit something instead of just running your mouth

Originally Posted by bj1k
I thought the rear of the C7 couldn't get any worse but damn , you found a way !
Old 05-26-2014, 09:17 AM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by mikepilot
gee thanks for the constructive criticism. how about you submit something instead of just running your mouth
Just fix the whole mess and put a C5 back end on it .
Old 05-26-2014, 09:24 AM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by batmoble
Yep. I wasn't sold on the new taillights until I saw it in person, then I had to have one. Pictures don't do them justice, and I think it's because of the three dimensional depth of them. They're nothing like the lights on the Camaro once you see them in reality as opposed to a 2-D screen.
Well, I've been seeing them everywhere in person now and it don't look any better in person. Fortunately for those that like the C7 , there is always hope that they will change the design in next years model. I will say that coming out with the convertible helps the looks tremendously.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:41 AM
MavsAK
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
If you really want a Vette to live in the past...try this C6 from Karl Kustom.
Not my cup of tea (I'm not a fan of C2 Coupes at all really.. now C2 Verts? ) but that's a really really nice conversion as at least from the back it manages to look better than the original C2 coupe.

Last edited by MavsAK; 05-26-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Diver Down
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Round lights are awful. They are a mixture of gold chain, mullet and disco ball.

Let it go...
Old 05-26-2014, 10:30 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,611 Likes on 6,621 Posts

Originally Posted by JV3
Agree completely.

The car has to be seen in person to be appreciated. Before I sold my C6, and both cars were side by side in the garage, it occurred to me just how "right" the new car's rear end looks.

I'll be making a trip to Florence in a few weeks. Thought for sure I'd have the only Stingray west of the beach.
Funny, got my car in October and the Florence annual festival that takes over the whole center of town, was November 2nd. First time in 12 years I didn’t bring the '34 Street Rod-brought the Vette. The Myrtle Beach Vette Club brought about 10 cars as usual to the car show at the festival. Only one member, as I recall, had seen a C7! Even the local Chevy dealer had not. Even got a trophy, which I didn't expect! There are a few in town but very few.

Last edited by JerryU; 05-26-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:29 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,981 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
That's the AMC Marlin from the late '60s. A 'fish-themed' car.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:34 PM
mikepilot
Intermediate

if you like it as it is, then why are you even here reading this forum post. just to talk **** apparently

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I like it as is else I WOULD have offered an alternative idea.

How's that work for you?
Old 08-17-2014, 12:39 PM
mikepilot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
That's the AMC Marlin from the late '60s. A 'fish-themed' car.

great back end on that car
Old 08-17-2014, 12:41 PM
mikepilot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Diver Down
Round lights are awful. They are a mixture of gold chain, mullet and disco ball.

Let it go...
the camaro style lights are awful too
Old 08-17-2014, 12:45 PM
mikepilot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bj1k
Just fix the whole mess and put a C5 back end on it .
agreed, the C5 had a good looking back end
Old 08-17-2014, 01:45 PM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nichtlangsam
There are also rear vents; how are you going to incorporate them?

That was the whole reasoning with the square lights, which by the way I love!
Not loving the rectangular lights, but true...what about the vents??
Old 08-20-2014, 03:56 PM
NickHall
Madison Wisconsin
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BaseballDude
+1
Round tail lights just throw off the rest of the new body style. To each his own though...hopefully you'll sell a gazillion and make people like me look like the fool.
I totally agree. After 5 vettes over 40 years (yes I keep them a while) I love the new rear light designs. The old round ones are so outdated and boring. Why buy a new car if all you get is old designs? This car had to come into the 21 Century some time, or go the way of the dinosaurs. The marketing people nailed it, the old design, don't change it, people are dying as they get into their 60s (like me - 66). Dead people do not buy new cars. So it was innovate or go away. I like innovation. I like new. I like different but still love this brand. Always will if they keep innovating. So let the new buyers move the market forward, and let the "don't change it much" people go to the aftermarket and get their round tail lights. I am reminded of the 1960 dudes from high-school who still dress in mod-style and have long hair. They do not seem to be able to understand the movement of time and style and the innovation process. They just seem to not like change all that much. But that is fine, each to their own. Each perspective brings benefits with it. So keep it going if you must. But for me and this market, it was time to change this car for the next decade of buyers who were tending to move away from the Vette and go to Porsche, BMW, and the like. Chevy had to go grab a market that did not want round tail lights and old performance and cheap interiors and uncomfortable seats (compared to newer ones) anymore. All good. It is not about what we want, it is about what moves a market to keep a brand healthy as the market changes.
Yes, long-winded way of saying: I agree.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Corvette Rear Bumper w/Round taillights - Our first shot, are we on right track?

Old 12-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Kevin Ramey
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default is it possible to make a c7 rear bumper fit a c6 vette

Originally Posted by NickHall
I totally agree. After 5 vettes over 40 years (yes I keep them a while) I love the new rear light designs. The old round ones are so outdated and boring. Why buy a new car if all you get is old designs? This car had to come into the 21 Century some time, or go the way of the dinosaurs. The marketing people nailed it, the old design, don't change it, people are dying as they get into their 60s (like me - 66). Dead people do not buy new cars. So it was innovate or go away. I like innovation. I like new. I like different but still love this brand. Always will if they keep innovating. So let the new buyers move the market forward, and let the "don't change it much" people go to the aftermarket and get their round tail lights. I am reminded of the 1960 dudes from high-school who still dress in mod-style and have long hair. They do not seem to be able to understand the movement of time and style and the innovation process. They just seem to not like change all that much. But that is fine, each to their own. Each perspective brings benefits with it. So keep it going if you must. But for me and this market, it was time to change this car for the next decade of buyers who were tending to move away from the Vette and go to Porsche, BMW, and the like. Chevy had to go grab a market that did not want round tail lights and old performance and cheap interiors and uncomfortable seats (compared to newer ones) anymore. All good. It is not about what we want, it is about what moves a market to keep a brand healthy as the market changes.
is it possible to make a stock c7 rear bumper fit a stock c6 vette if I do some cutting on the quarter panels
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2014, 05:32 PM
faninc
Drifting

Received 637 Likes on 364 Posts

Default Spot on!

So I see the new C7 in Motor Trend when first introduced, I decide I hate the rear of the car and wonder why Chevy put Camaro tail lights on their flagship car!

Then 4 months go by and I begin to actually like the husky modern look. So in April of 2014 I order a white Stingray and am so glad I did! Love this car! BTW, wake up the car and do the Diablo tune- you will really be amazed by the instant throttle response and gitty up...

best
J

Originally Posted by NickHall
Old 12-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,288 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Kevin Ramey
is it possible to make a stock c7 rear bumper fit a stock c6 vette if I do some cutting on the quarter panels
That would take a LOT more work than it would be worth.

Quick Reply: C7 Corvette Rear Bumper w/Round taillights - Our first shot, are we on right track?