This Car Draws Massive Attention

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 09:44 PM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Default This Car Draws Massive Attention

This is crazy. Every day, everywhere I go, I am getting chased down by people that want to see the car. Even when I pull it out in the driveway complete strangers are coming to the house. I guess word just gets out. Stops for gas are always eventful. Conversations in gas stations seem to always start with I'm not a stalker lol. One guy videoed me for 15 minutes on the ride home from work Friday. I assume everyone is getting this same reaction? Fun for the most part but lets face it, we don't know these people. Everyone has been really nice so far but as a female I'm a little cautious.

Last edited by DoTheyMakeOtherCars?; 10-06-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,256 Likes on 1,675 Posts

Enjoy that until it becomes the c6.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:54 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Yikes. My C6 draws a fair amount of attention here in my town - there just aren't that many Corvettes around. I'll bet the C7 is going to attract a lot more attention. I guess that's a credit to the design team.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Jesterissimo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess this is a good reason to tint the windows.

I just hope none of these gawkers cause an accident because they're too busy aiming their cell phone cameras to watch the traffic around them.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:04 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,458 Likes on 2,274 Posts

All part of the fun.

Enjoy.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:06 PM
TX-OU812
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We've only had our new baby for 53hours but we too have had a lot of gawkers. Tonight I met a friend of mine, and his wife, for a beer or two. They also picked up their new C7 Friday night. While at the bar, on the patio, we enjoyed watching people's reactions to seeing not one glorious C7, but two.

Then as we left and pulled out into traffic the reactions were pretty cool.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:16 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Now you know how celebrities feel with the paparazzi chasing them down. ;o)
Old 10-07-2013, 12:01 AM
mike0804
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, same reaction here in Atlanta. I've never been followed, videoed, and approached by so may people I don't know. If this is what celebrities go through, then I want no part of it. Hopefully it will subside in a few months. On Sunday after church I went to lunch with some friends at a place where a lot of celebrities and ball players hang out. There were two Lamborghini Gallardos (one was a Superleggera) a Bentley Continental GT Speed, and a Rolls Royce Ghost parked out front. Even in this environment, people were still gawking and taking photos of the Stingray.

Last edited by mike0804; 10-07-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:05 AM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Everyone will know!!

Don't rob any banks while driving that thing.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:25 AM
427Z0SX
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mike0804
Yes, same reaction here in Atlanta. I've never been followed, videoed, and approached by so may people I don't know. If this is what celebrities go through, then I want no part of it. Hopefully it will subside in a few months. On Sunday after church I went to lunch with some friends at a place where a lot of celebrities and ball players hang out. There were two Lamborghini Gallardos (one was a Superleggera) a Bentley Continental GT Speed, and a Rolls Royce Ghost parked out front. Even in this environment, people were still gawking and taking photos of the Stingray.

So how much was lunch? And was the food worth it?
Old 10-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Bat7Man
Racer

Same thing here in West Palm Beach. I have had people follow me taking pictures and video. Was even pulled over by a cop to tell me what a mean looking car I had :-).
Old 10-07-2013, 04:06 AM
Houston Z33
Burning Brakes

Received 297 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
This is crazy. Every day, everywhere I go, I am getting chased down by people that want to see the car. Even when I pull it out in the driveway complete strangers are coming to the house. I guess word just gets out. Stops for gas are always eventful. Conversations in gas stations seem to always start with I'm not a stalker lol. One guy videoed me for 15 minutes on the ride home from work Friday. I assume everyone is getting this same reaction? Fun for the most part but lets face it, we don't know these people. Everyone has been really nice so far but as a female I'm a little cautious.
It's going to be like that for a while Miss Joy, These things look like 100k+ cars and there are none on the street really.

9 times outta 10 folks prolly don't even know it's a 'vette lol
Old 10-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

In LA you could drive a 458 spider around town and no one would give a hoot.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Z06-1
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by mike0804

Now that's a great and funny pic !!!! You go GM
Old 10-07-2013, 06:09 AM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

The video's are the funniest...it's happened to me before and I have to laugh a bit. The car does grab a lot of attention.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:53 AM
rgamache
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was at a rest stop in NY a month ago and a guy came up to me as I was getting into my '13 C6 and enthousiasticaly asked if he could look at my C7!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:08 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rgamache
I was at a rest stop in NY a month ago and a guy came up to me as I was getting into my '13 C6 and enthousiasticaly asked if he could look at my C7!
Wow, I've never been asked like that.
There were people from my neighborhood taking pics in my garage on three separate occasions in the past two days.

Get notified of new replies

To This Car Draws Massive Attention

Old 10-07-2013, 08:15 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Happens to me daily, you'll get used to it and be very watchful about how they come up on you. Those that video me going down the hwy can be unsafe hanging out the windows. Be careful, and the new will wear off soon enough.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:22 AM
kirbsc
Racer

I've had the same reaction but find that most people think it's a Ferrari or a Lambo but are totally thrilled that it's a Corvette - then they notice it's a Stingray - Great job by the design team. LOVE driving my new ride!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:37 AM
treasurecoastvette
Intermediate

Default Its Crazy

We picked car up on Friday - stopped for lunch at restaurant and immediately had 6 people surrounding our car - asking questions and loving it! got it back home - went to get sticker to get into our gate and guards all came out to have a look - another guy actually asked if he could "drive it" - Are you kidding me? No one drives her but me! Enjoy the attention!

Quick Reply: This Car Draws Massive Attention