Sponsored by:

Arctic white and kalahari

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Arctic white and kalahari

Has anyboby seen or ordered this combo yet? If so your thoughts and comments are appreciated. Any pictures of this available?

I have an AW Z51 vert and 2Lt red, red calipers on order and still worried the red interior is a bit too bright and in your face. Wheels are painted silver. No black or chrome for me.

Plan B is AW with 2LT Kalahari and standard calipers.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:02 AM
03SGVETTE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zee51Vert
Has anyboby seen or ordered this combo yet? If so your thoughts and comments are appreciated. Any pictures of this available?

I have an AW Z51 vert and 2Lt red, red calipers on order and still worried the red interior is a bit too bright and in your face. Wheels are painted silver. No black or chrome for me.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...sion-pics.html
Old 10-05-2013, 09:09 AM
beachguy
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the exact combo ordered,AW & Kalahari ordered. As you I thought the red was too much for me. Saw the Kalahari at Carlisle and that confirmed my choice.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:24 AM
post-it
Racer

Originally Posted by Zee51Vert

I picked up my AW with Kalahari and Red Calipers on Thrsday. This combo is beautiful. I did not take any pictures yet too busy at work.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:33 AM
C7Heaven
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arctic white with Kalahari what I ordered. Mine is 2LT with yellow calipers and chrome Z51 wheels. Its being built now.
I drove up to Kerbeck last week to see one in person. It was 3lt and had black calipers.

Its looks perfect. Pictures dont do it justice. Its a very classy and luxurious look. But still looks sporty.

The red interior was just too bright a shade and aggressive for my personal taste.

Last edited by C7Heaven; 10-05-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Akstorm
Advanced

Exactly. The AW with 3lt with red is what I ordered exactly but thank god I'm able to change it now! The red is way to bright and will hurt resale for sure. Some like it but its to overpowering, especially in 3LT. I have until Tues to change mine to brownstone brownstone/suede or Kalahari or Kalahari/suede. Def not red interior for me. But yes, red calipers regardless.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Promind
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 3LT AW/sueded Kalahari on order as well!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

There is a AW/Kalahari on EBAY, although there are no good pics of the interior with the door open.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Co...US_Cars_Trucks
Old 10-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

There is a AW/Kalahari on EBAY, although there are no good pics of the interior with the door open.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Corvette-Z51-14-all-new-corvette-3-lt-z-51-carbon-fiber-roof-automatic-heads-up-sport-/131007435833?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1e80a6d439&item=131007435833&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Old 10-05-2013, 11:43 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

There's nothing more "classic Corvette" than white with red interior. One thing to keep in mind with Adrenaline Red in a 2LT is that the vast majority of colored area is in the seats and there's no red on the dash. I agree that the red is bright but on a 2LT you won't be looking directly at it all the time like you would be on a 3LT. On a side note, I haven't ordered a C7 yet but when I do I'll strongly consider AW with AR. I was 100% sold on Laguna Blue until seeing photos here of AW. The C7 is beautiful in white, that's for sure. Good luck with your decision.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Originally Posted by post-it
I picked up my AW with Kalahari and Red Calipers on Thrsday. This combo is beautiful. I did not take any pictures yet too busy at work.
Hoping you find the time for pics. No good pictures of this AW/Kalahari combo on CF. That would be greatly appreciated. As I am taking a leap of faith with this car having yet to see one I am grateful for people like you sharing your experiences.

This has been mentioned before on CF that Kalahary has a light orangy tint to it and is not really tan colored per say. What's your take on that?v
Old 10-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Originally Posted by C7Heaven
Arctic white with Kalahari what I ordered. Mine is 2LT with yellow calipers and chrome Z51 wheels. Its being built now.
I drove up to Kerbeck last week to see one in person. It was 3lt and had black calipers.

Its looks perfect. Pictures dont do it justice. Its a very classy and luxurious look. But still looks sporty.

The red interior was just too bright a shade and aggressive for my personal taste.
Would love to see those pics when the car gets home...
Old 10-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

OP, I agree with your sentiments, the lipstick red is too in your face and has not looked good on anything post C3 IMO. Trust your gut, but If It were my choice, I'd go white with jet black 3LT (leaning this way for a future "Z") While better looking than the red, the Kalahari interior against white is a bit dull IMO.

Either way though, small potatoes. I saw a white C7 Z51 in person the other day and it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Soooooooooo clean looking against all the black trim.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:51 PM
avalonandl
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

Go kalahari interior my VOTE !!!!

Take me for a ride when u get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Originally Posted by Akstorm
Exactly. The AW with 3lt with red is what I ordered exactly but thank god I'm able to change it now! The red is way to bright and will hurt resale for sure. Some like it but its to overpowering, especially in 3LT. I have until Tues to change mine to brownstone brownstone/suede or Kalahari or Kalahari/suede. Def not red interior for me. But yes, red calipers regardless.
Looking forward to those pics

How about the wheels? What are you going with and why?
Old 10-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
OP, I agree with your sentiments, the lipstick red is too in your face and has not looked good on anything post C3 IMO. Trust your gut, but If It were my choice, I'd go white with jet black 3LT (leaning this way for a future "Z") While better looking than the red, the Kalahari interior against white is a bit dull IMO.

Either way though, small potatoes. I saw a white C7 Z51 in person the other day and it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Soooooooooo clean looking against all the black trim.
Thanks for the input Paul. The more responses I get in this thread the more I'm thinking of changing my order to Kalahari.

Keep in mind it's a vert so a black interior tends to get hotter thus a lighter colored interior for me is my preferred choice.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Zee51Vert
Pro

I just modified my order to change my interior color to 2LT KALAHARI from Adrenaline red.

Decided the red was just too bright for me but did keep my red calipers...

Arctic White Z51 convertible
2LT Kalahari
Black top
Silver painted wheels
red calipers
7 speed
MSRC
NPP
FAY
ERI
BV4

In the red 2LT there was red stitching on the dash and door panels. Do I get Kalahari stitching in those same locations?

Anybody with AW and 2LT Kalahari interior pictures?

Pleeeeeease....
Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

I feel your pain. AW with red was one of my top picks but I felt that over time I would get tired of looking at red. So I ordered LB with kalahari. Pr GMer it is 4200 now and I'm so excited I'll be driving it this weekend. My last coule if cars were white so I went in a different direction to blue
Old 10-08-2013, 11:54 AM
post-it
Racer

There is no orange tint in my interior. I traded a white E350 MB wih natural leather for this Vette. The C7's interior color is much more richer looking than the MB. You will not get sick of looking at this color combo, it is classic looking to say the least. Still working long days until 10/21. I have a whopping 39 miles on my car. Took to work the first day and created a major trafic jam, left work that day and went to Enterpriseto rent a car for the remainder of the month. I retire on 10/31 for good. Good luck.
Tom

Get notified of new replies

To Arctic white and kalahari

Quick Reply: Arctic white and kalahari