Sponsored by:

C7 Body Kit - Would like some thoughts/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 01:29 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Thanks guys. I'm open to any and all ideas. If anyone wants to photoshop anything please feel free. We would like to make a rear bumper as well, but we are stuck on how to change it.
I'm a zero at fotochop, but perhaps C7Pimp can help. I would suggest:

1. no bezel - C7 stock lamps (which are cool) set directly into bumper.

2. teardrop exhaust vent is deleted and becomes a vertical slot at the outside edge of the bumper, as is the case on the bottom half.

3. round the whole panel a bit more and remove the indentations around the tail lamps and the clumsy textures on the lower half.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:53 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by TTRotary
Forget about the front of the car. It is fine as is except the chrome strip and I doubt people will have much interest in making changes there or spending big bucks on a front bumper cover. The rear end of this car is another matter. It is truly an abomination to at least 30% of interested C7 buyers and you could sell a lot of rear valences correcting the flaws of the stocker. The tail lamps themselves are fine. It's the bezel around them and the rest of the rear panel which is an issue. That includes the totally silly stock Z51 "spoiler". Let's get some fotochops going!
my thoughts, exactly.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:20 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys. I'm open to any and all ideas. If anyone wants to photoshop anything please feel free. We would like to make a rear bumper as well, but we are stuck on how to change it.
get rid of the left to right band in the middle, eliminate the sides that hang down and stick out, get rid of the 2 foot wide black strip and replace it with something that looks like the one on the '06 gto, and soften the edges. make it look like it is integrated with the rest of the car, not like somebody sawed it off another car and stuck it on the c7.

when i first saw the rear of the c7, i remarked that gm had found some work for the aztek designer. apparently, it is true that he supervised the c7 design. apparently, he also designed the c6.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:28 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Leave it alone!
Old 10-04-2013, 03:04 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

I'll design you a bunch of things that'll sell...let me know when I am getting compensated.

I've built/designed entire cars, have done a number of scale clays, etc. There is plenty to be done front and rear, it just comes down to the cost/complexity/investment to build it. Function is fashion...simple as that.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
senah
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VETJAZZ
Leave it alone!
this thread is not about the 70% that like it the way it is.

it is about those that are looking for changes that they would like to see made available.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:09 PM
rideskinz
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a better question, how many of the people who actually own C7's are willing to modify their car right now? If you are thinking of modifying your C7, would it be a front bumper or splitter, side skirts, rear bumper or diffuser, rear wing or spoiler or something else?
Old 12-11-2013, 09:03 PM
HollywoodC7
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

love it
Old 12-11-2013, 09:58 PM
brokenparts
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

pop up headlights and round tail lights

All kidding aside, I find beauty in functionality. A splitter with a few turnbuckles bolted to it, low side skirts and some C6 Z06 fender flares (not too big not too small) would look sick.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:40 PM
ghostmech
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what I'd like to see. I love the wide body look on this car .....hate the color....

Old 12-11-2013, 11:05 PM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Thanks guys!

We already have side skirts and a front splitter available

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-v...-purchase.html
Old 12-11-2013, 11:55 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 880 Likes on 450 Posts

First thing I thought about was the Ferrari f12. Not knocking it, just don't like it. The C7 only needs subtle changes IMO to make a noticeable difference. Keep it as subtle as possible.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:44 PM
impactblue
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, you guys are missing the point. I'm trying to gauge some type of interest and or get ideas on what we should build. The first pix are an idea and I wanted to see what you guys thought. I'm willing to get a coupe other photoshops as mentioned so we can get a few different looks.
I'll be straight up about this: your idea on asking for opinions is great, I respect, I like it and I feel bad for you that so many people are just bashing the idea. There are good points about performance being destroyed, directly copying other styles (this is a corvette, not a hyundai or a kia), those are the most valid points and only ones I take into consideration.

Moving on past my opinion, I'd enjoy working with you to photoshop some concepts. The problem of aerodynamics will be quite difficult to address. I would like to see a cleaner front end, get rid of that black plastic crap on the side scoop and fix the camaro-ish rear end.

off the top of my head, I would look back into the past, compare it to the c7 and clean the front up. It looks too busy and many pieces on the car just make it seem like it is trying to hard. Granted, it is all for performance but there must be a way to make it a bit more 'aesthetically pleasing', for the traditionalists.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/wot/by...orvettes-1.jpg

Ferrari, BMW 6 series, supra, old NSX are quick examples I can think of, but PM me if you'd be interested in discussing it further.

America, Freedom, Sportscars, Sexy Women! If you don't like my post, you don't like any of those ^
Old 06-20-2014, 05:28 PM
OC Sadler
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

How about the 2015 Z06 rear quarter wheel vents/scoops for the wide body? They are already part of the design and should be aerody sound!
Old 06-20-2014, 05:42 PM
WHT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No not at all, that's why I asking for opinions and thoughts. If I had just called it a day, we would have just built it and said here ya go, lol.

We used the Ferarri front because we thought it fit the front end of the C7 nicely. It doesn't have to be identical, there is always time to change the look (again which is why I'm here)
Based on prior threads/proposed projects, it won't happen anyways. So, don't spend too much time giving feedback on this.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:04 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WHT
Based on prior threads/proposed projects, it won't happen anyways. So, don't spend too much time giving feedback on this.
Actually it will happen, but we have a ton going on and it has to just get in line behind the other stuff. We just recently finished our C6/C7 conversion.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:57 AM
killascrimp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I meet with "Kert Bennion" the man that was ahead of ex design, I asked him about the aftermarket splitters, and skirts, and he said" just wait our new stuff about to come out has spent lot's of time under the wind tunnel", Thats what i am doing , some times parts are put on for reasons and not just for looks..... BTY the first pic look's too much like a FF.Keep working on it.You will come up with something cool

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Body Kit - Would like some thoughts/opinions

Old 06-22-2014, 12:02 PM
chucky7
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

After owning 8 vettes in the past, I'm not buying a c7 unless I can have wider fenders and wider wheels. If I can't get a new Z, I'll build my own with widebody parts. I built my last c6 widebody and it's not a big project. I'll replace the c7's rear fenders, bumper and mold the rockers to blend and paint the whole car.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:12 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Hey guys, bumping this up again. Getting ready to get started on some body mods for the C7 so cautious now that the C7 has been out a while what you guys might be interested in. We plan on a new front bumper, wider fenders, couple front lips and side skirts and a few hoods. Any ideas on what you guys might like, even if it's something existing that we can modify a bit. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:18 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Hey guys, hope you are all enjoying your new C7's, I don't think I've seen a color combo that I don't like. With that said, we are working on a new kit for them, front bumper, side skirts, wide rear fenders. Once the hood etc become available we'll most likely get started on that as well. Anyway here are a few photoshop pictures of what we have going, I'm just posting to see what you guys think (good or bad) Any feedback is appreciated since it could help us build a better part that might appeal to more people. Here's a few pictures, let me know what you think.

*edit* adding this picture even though I know you guys know what the stock one looks like. Just makes it easier to compare and really shows the changes.

Your taking a great looking car and making it look like crap!

Quick Reply: C7 Body Kit - Would like some thoughts/opinions