Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 09:10 PM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by GM'er
....but you WILL be driving your car by the end of the week!
Hurray

Wrote this post before you updated your list. Don't ask, but deep down I had the feeling after I hit the enter key that this might happen, namely you'd show me at 4200
Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 PM
aforand
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who will?
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Originally Posted by talon90
Jeff, What you are going through sucks without question. I hate that there aren't any answers to be had. What I will promise you is that the wait and the wondering won't matter one bit the second you get behind the wheel. Paul

While it's easier said then done, hang in there Jeff
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aforand
I am getting a bad gut feel about this car. I have a high vin# and a guy just 4 numbers higher than mine took delivery today while I have been on hold for 3 weeks. What could of been so different in a 4 car sequence? Then think of al the cars in Nashville, something does not smell right. I love the car but my gut says to cancel the order and purchase a second year car where all the bugs and drama are worked out. Heck by then I would be able to get in one and test drive one. Yes I am strongly thinking of cancelling and will do so by the weekend. I am telling you something is not right.
I agree with others GM has engineered a great cat but unfortunately they just can't deliver.

^ Team Corvette's lack of transparency is disconcerting. Their deafening silence leaves the door wide open for rumor, speculation and even sabotaging remarks. Their decision to neither update or inform naturally leaves you and so many others riddled with doubt and lost confidence. Their inaction is beyond curious, it is inexcusable, imho.

The launch of a World Class C7 Corvette merits World Class Customer focus and attention throughout the process.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:23 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by schilitj
I'm one of the unlucky ones with a very low VIN - 00022. I started the C7 purchase journey on 1/15/13. Here's my chronology:

5/6 preliminary order accepted - 1100
6/4 accepted for production - 3000
8/6 scheduled for production - 3300
8/22 produced - 3800
8/28 available to ship - 4000
9/9 bayed - 4B00
9/14 intermediate delivery - 4300
9/15 to 9/29 bounced all over the place 4B00 to 4D00 to 4B00
9/30 told and verified by Chevy Customer Service that my car was shipped - 4200 I assume
10/1 no idea where my car is: Chevy Customer Service was to have re-verified to me today that the car had shipped and GM'er did not publish an update to his spreadsheet.

The fact that I've been witness to numerous folks getting their C7s with VINs in the 1500-1600s is very discouraging and makes waiting for my car all the more exasperating.

I have been waiting for a long time for my C7 only to be stalled, without reason or justification other than QC, has put a real damper on my excitement.

I'm sure once I finally get my C7 I will quickly forget this entire process and the joy and excitement will evidence itself the first time I park my butt in the driver's seat.

I know I'm not the only one in this predicament, but being one of many does not diminish the initial reactions evidenced when the early build code numbers were generated and when I found out that I have the 22nd C7 built.

In closing I want to generously thank GM'er and Kelly J in Customer Service for the time, energy and commitment they've shown to all of us on the CF who have or are looking forward to having their new Corvette.

Jeff
Jeff:

All I can say is I know where you are coming from in this matter. My car was shown at 5000 with delivery on 9/27, today my dealer followed up because he thought it would be here. Well it went to Nashville on 9/17 and no matter what was sent out including the invoice, it's still in Nashville today according to my dealer whos on line inventory shows it's here not in transit.

Without a doubt there is a major communications problem at the GM corporate level. VIN #170
Old 10-01-2013, 09:24 PM
jimb100
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

One thing that's definitely 'world class' in these threads is the whining.

You'd think it was a BMW forum.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:29 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

You're almost there. Yes the excitement is gone. GM really kicked us early VINs in the nuts and left us guessing / assume the worse. They did us no favor with their tracking system they had online as well as the confusing status codes.

Us Nashvillers will be out soon enough and it will all be in the past. We can go driving along with grins from ear to ear and forget all about this silly Nashville "QC" Just hope one day soon we will figure out what the heck they did down there.

Pics when you get it!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:30 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
^ Team Corvette's lack of transparency is disconcerting. Their deafening silence leaves the door wide open for rumor, speculation and even sabotaging remarks. Their decision to neither update or inform naturally leaves you and so many others riddled with doubt and lost confidence. Their inaction is beyond curious, it is inexcusable, imho.

The launch of a World Class C7 Corvette merits World Class Customer focus and attention throughout the process.
Not only their deafening silence; we, as in CF members, on this forum, are being bullied into silence as well. I speak from experience. I was a little upset last week. Although I remained respectful to all, and apologized for my humorous ranting, I was reminded that I couldn't complain, or else, by the person who I do look up to as "The Face of GM" on this Forum. As a result, I decided to do the Forum a good favor by starting a dedicated thread to allow people to complain (where no one listens - LOL), and it looks like it has worked.

So, Michael, be careful not to step over the line with your rants and comments., Just go to the Nashville thread where you can freely vent without offending anyone.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:31 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Is this the script for the new "cars 3"......a cross between the kids movie "cars" and "Saving Private Ryan"......you guys are brilliant!!!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:37 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by schilitj
you must have read the post right after I hit the enter key and well before I finished the post, my very bad
So your target production time and your delivery did not meet expectations!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:37 PM
slappy3347
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

I know it's rough now but in 6 months it will just be a distant memory. I hope your car arrives soon.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:39 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by jimb100
One thing that's definitely 'world class' in these threads is the whining.

You'd think it was a BMW forum.
Not much whining over there, they have plenty of kool aid on hand. (See sig)
Old 10-01-2013, 09:46 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by zhopper05
Not only their deafening silence; we, as in CF members, on this forum, are being bullied into silence as well. I speak from experience. I was a little upset last week. Although I remained respectful to all, and apologized for my humorous ranting, I was reminded that I couldn't complain, or else, by the person who I do look up to as "The Face of GM" on this Forum. As a result, I decided to do the Forum a good favor by starting a dedicated thread to allow people to complain (where no one listens - LOL), and it looks like it has worked.

So, Michael, be careful not to step over the line with your rants and comments., Just go to the Nashville thread where you can freely vent without offending anyone.

^ Thanks kindly for the heads up zhopper5 - much appreciated.

I do not believe I am ranting, rather commiserating with folks who are rightfully feeling a bit disenfranchised at this point. Good Faith systems are a 2 way street. Folks put down their earnest money in good faith, fully cognizant of where they were in their dealers pecking order. Many are experiencing the legit disappointment of seeing others have their cars delivered who joined the process much later. Team Corvette and it's Dealer network is nearly mute on the subject, hardly evidence of a good faith partner. It is not GM'ers or Chevy Customer Service on the Forum jobs to be the middle man information brokers. Their participation is a blessing and a bonus. But band aids and work arounds are mere substitutes for what these good faith buyers deserve in updates and communications, imho.

It's still just a car and not the end of the world. It will hopefully all work itself out in time. But the failure to keep 'stalled' customers informed is legitimate and should not be simply brushed under the rug.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:51 PM
BIg Wash AZ
Racer

Default its valuable

Patience. The first computers were replete with issues. And we pined for them nonetheless. When we got them finally, they hiccupped on a regular basis. When I gave folks advice back then, it was to exercise the 3 R's. Relax, Reboot, and Refresh yourself.

A handful of folks have cars. Some of them because the trucks headed to their locale first. No cars have been delivered to a dealer in my city of 650K. None. And no one in either of the two large Corvette clubs has a car they sourced from an out of state dealer. Your time is nigh. Don't spoil the enjoyment agonizing over a week or even two. Folks in this world with nothing to eat. They have problems.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
^ Thanks kindly for the heads up zhopper5 - much appreciated.

I do not believe I am ranting, rather commiserating with folks who are rightfully feeling a bit disenfranchised at this point. Good Faith systems are a 2 way street. Folks put down their earnest money in good faith, fully cognizant of where they were in their dealers pecking order. Many are experiencing the legit disappointment of seeing others have their cars delivered who joined the process much later. Team Corvette and it's Dealer network is nearly mute on the subject, hardly evidence of a good faith partner. It is not GM'ers or Chevy Customer Service on the Forum jobs to be the middle man information brokers. Their participation is a blessing and a bonus. But band aids and work arounds are mere substitutes for what these good faith buyers deserve in updates and communications, imho.

It's still just a car and not the end of the world. It will hopefully all work itself out in time. But the failure to keep 'stalled' customers informed is legitimate and should not be simply brushed under the rug.
Exactly right. These were some of the points I was making, but someone must have been having a bad day. Anyway, some of us are the adults in this room, and we move on. I've owned more than 50 GM cars in my life, I actually can't remember all of them, some new and some used, including 9 Corvettes and the C7 is my 10th, and wont be the last (already have my name on the pre-order list for whatever Hi-Po version comes out). It's just sad to have such unnecessary experience, while it can be easily avoided by GM through smart PR.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 PM
schilitj
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by BIg Wash AZ
Patience. The first computers were replete with issues. And we pined for them nonetheless. When we got them finally, they hiccupped on a regular basis. When I gave folks advice back then, it was to exercise the 3 R's. Relax, Reboot, and Refresh yourself.

A handful of folks have cars. Some of them because the trucks headed to their locale first. No cars have been delivered to a dealer in my city of 650K. None. And no one in either of the two large Corvette clubs has a car they sourced from an out of state dealer. Your time is nigh. Don't spoil the enjoyment agonizing over a week or even two. Folks in this world with nothing to eat. They have problems.

Thanks for putting all into some real contextual frame of reference.

Last edited by schilitj; 10-01-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 PM
66dreams
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GM'er
....but you WILL be driving your car by the end of the week!
Now that should bring back the joy and excitement.

Get notified of new replies

To The Joy and Excitement are Just About Gone

Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BIg Wash AZ
Sad but true - maybe that's why America is on the decline; we accept and defend Mediocre...

I am sorry I don't buy this argument. I am a small entrepreneur that runs a national operation, because I always strive to be the best - I am my own competitor - I never accept being as good as the next guy. I have zero tolerance for imperfection with my services. I can go on and on.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Jefff1
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Some of us would love to be in the position of waiting for a new C7 to show up....
yes indeed it will be a few years before I can get far enough up the ladder to a C7....need to stay satisfied with an '11 GS for awhile
Old 10-01-2013, 10:12 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,431 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Originally Posted by carlrx7
a couple extra days in the earlier stages will help prevent additional days siting at the dealership for warranty repair. Plus, different configs can delay as well.

-Carl
This.

Do you want to wait longer and get a car that is right?

Or do you want the car sooner, only to let the dealer techs make it right?

I'd much rather the guys that actually made the thing sign off that it's ready to go.

Quick Reply: The Joy and Excitement are Just About Gone