C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4B00 to shipped.... how long on average?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 10:45 PM
yellowsnow
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4B00 to shipped.... how long on average?

So the news continues to get better and better and BETTER! My dream car was born last Tuesday (9/24) and now sits at 4B00 awaiting shipment to dealer which is less than 120 miles away up I-65. So hypothetically, does anyone have an idea on when it might be shipped? I would think that route is a major thoroughfare to Chicago, Indy, and the entire North East for the delivery trucks and that it could easily be dropped off on the way. is there anybody in the know who really has an idea of the time frame?
Old 10-01-2013, 12:50 AM
EvilC7
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on the impeccable communication, transparency, and honesty of GM's information during the entire ordering process, you should expect to see it ship between now and 2015.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:48 AM
drtonyprimo
Racer

Mine was built 1 month ago...... And it's sitting somewhere collecting dust.

My advice to you....... Start bitching, moaning & complaining about not receiving your car for who knows how long........ This way it will take a little heat off of me & EvilC7!

These old dudes...... That cried about the C6 not having pop-up headlights....... And the C7 not having Round tail lights.......

They're ready to get out of their rocking chairs and go ballistic when anyone bashes GM or Bowling Green!

Last edited by drtonyprimo; 10-01-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:48 AM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 837 Likes on 373 Posts

It will sit at BG approx. 4 weeks, then get shipped to Nashville for approx. 6 weeks, then off to Rousch for 4 weeks, count on Christmas.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:56 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm actually pretty curious about this... No joke, I've seen some cars get built and shipped within a month. And some cars have sat since they were built a month ago.

I'm not complaining at all about my order. I'm at 3400 right now and honestly wouldn't mind it taking a little longer to get (so I can build a bigger down payment), but I'm curious as to what kind of time frame I'm looking at.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Menesenha
Advanced

It really depends on the route the truck takes to get to you. Even though you may be close there would still need to be a full transporter headed in your direction.

For me, my car was built two weeks ago, bayed last week, and is shipping this week. Vin#1582. From how I've seen some of the others on GM'ers tracking list go this seems to be a more recent pattern now that the plant is running at full speed.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:26 AM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowsnow
So the news continues to get better and better and BETTER! My dream car was born last Tuesday (9/24) and now sits at 4B00 awaiting shipment to dealer which is less than 120 miles away up I-65. So hypothetically, does anyone have an idea on when it might be shipped? I would think that route is a major thoroughfare to Chicago, Indy, and the entire North East for the delivery trucks and that it could easily be dropped off on the way. is there anybody in the know who really has an idea of the time frame?
You should have asked only people with vins over 1800 . So would people in this class please chime in.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Getting a 4200 (shipped) is good, but you have to consider where it will be shipped to. Let's hope it is to your dealer and not to Nashville for a QC hold. The time from 3800 to customer delivery is all over the place.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:57 AM
yellowsnow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Menesenha
It really depends on the route the truck takes to get to you. Even though you may be close there would still need to be a full transporter headed in your direction.

For me, my car was built two weeks ago, bayed last week, and is shipping this week. Vin#1582. From how I've seen some of the others on GM'ers tracking list go this seems to be a more recent pattern now that the plant is running at full speed.
Two ways to get out of BG. I-65 North or I-65 South. My dealer is 114.5 miles North in Louisville, so pretty much ANY truck going to the North East USA should go that direction. Just thinking that it SHOULD be much quicker than someone who's car is going to Seattle, FLA, or Texas for example. Just a thought, wanted to know if anyone had confirmation on this.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Just like you

Mine was also born on 9/24, and as of today is Bayed in BG awaiting transport to CA. Dealer told me yesterday he was told the car would arrive in CA this week. It appears we have a failure to communicate...
Old 10-01-2013, 04:04 PM
KingMotley
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Between 3 and 30 days, with an average of 11 -- based on the results of the ones shipped so far in this forum, which includes the early ones. It's likely faster now, but I haven't stripped out the first ones off the line.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Operations
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 231 Likes on 132 Posts

Mine was born on 9/24 as well, I'm told by dealer mine is Bayed, although GM'er shows in still at 4D00. VIN 01863.
Delivery to Criswell Chevrolet.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Marc VERO
Instructor

Mine 1599, also Criswell. Dealer says got invoice, shows 4D00 . I assume if he got invoice, car should follow soon.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,156 Posts

Two ways to get out of BG. I-65 North or I-65 South. My dealer is 114.5 miles North in Louisville, so pretty much ANY truck going to the North East USA should go that direction. Just thinking that it SHOULD be much quicker than someone who's car is going to Seattle, FLA, or Texas for example. Just a thought, wanted to know if anyone had confirmation on this.
This is just my thoughts, have no clue......!!!

If you look at the video in this section on the C7 being built at the end there are a shocking number of transports with C7s on them. But the transports cannot be unique to the Corvette plant...... they have to work on assignment. With the Toyota and Nissan plants in Tennessee(?) I'd think a transport company has to balance a lot of cars.

Yes I 65 goes N or S. But if a transport is headed north to the big boys not sure if it holds X cars all of them are headed for one dealer or if they load the ones and twoiest on a truck by itself.

I'm sure they have some algorithm, I'd hope, knowing what transport is available, what delivery route is most efficient, and what cars are overdue for delivery.

Just my guesses.

At work today they were planning Xmas activities. I'm bayed and waiting........ when I saw the Xmas thing I said man Xmas will be here before ya know it!!! New Years is 3 months from today.

My car will be here very soon and so will yours!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Jbnick
Racer

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

VIN#1525, 4D00 on 9.21.13
Dealer called several hours ago. My C7 loaded on carrier and headed to Central Florida tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:37 PM
yellowsnow
Intermediate

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Dealer called today and has invoice from GM. He expects the car to arrive within next 5 days. (I hope sooner) But he also says it will take them a day or 2 to do their checklist. Whatever. Soooo close I can taste it, like a verp
Old 10-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Skidooer
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

#2169. Built on Fri 9/27. Invoiced today. Should ship fom BG very soon.

Get notified of new replies

To 4B00 to shipped.... how long on average?

Old 10-01-2013, 11:49 PM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Marc VERO
Mine 1599, also Criswell. Dealer says got invoice, shows 4D00 . I assume if he got invoice, car should follow soon.
Never assume. My dealer has had invoce for 8 days now. Tomorrow will make 9. No car. Drake is tracking his via Onstar and his dealer was invoiced the week before mine. His car is still in the Nashville parking lot. You can check out the thread.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Dealer called today and has invoice from GM. He expects the car to arrive within next 5 days. (I hope sooner) But he also says it will take them a day or 2 to do their checklist. Whatever. Soooo close I can taste it, like a verp

A day or two to do their checklist? Does their list include:

Take car to lunch
Take car to dinner
Take car home
Take car for joyride with friends.

If not there's no way a PDI takes 2 days. It takes hours!

Unless of course they don't get to your car for a day or two.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Operations
Mine was born on 9/24 as well, I'm told by dealer mine is Bayed, although GM'er shows in still at 4D00. VIN 01863.
Delivery to Criswell Chevrolet.
You, me and Mark VERO are all going to Criswell. I am VIN 1670. Could be that Jack Cooper Transport is waiting to load up a truck to that area and we may all be on the same load.
FYI...I have been at 4B00 for a few days.
S.

Quick Reply: 4B00 to shipped.... how long on average?