Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tadge & 12 C7's parked at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in DC for media event

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Tadge & 15 C7's parked at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in DC for media event

Couldnt believe my eyes as I was commuting into downtown DC and saw several C7's in all different colors parked in hotel driveway. Took about 30 minutes of walking to finally find the driveway and it was like walking into heaven! Even C7 color & combination (except Lime Rock green was present). I took plenty of pics & video. Still working on uploading them. Also met the media lady from GM who handles their press events. She was the one who informed me of what was going on that day. Cars will be there all day today and tomorrow, but they do get put away into the garage at night. Its basically an event to get the international media to drive the C7 and let them get a taste of the best America has to offer.

I sat in several of them and found that I fit with no issues. I'm 6-3, 230lbs with an atheletic build. The fit is different from that of my C6, not exactly what I would call tight. But it does fit like a glove. I felt right at home and found very comfortable settings. I cannot explain how exotic this car looks in person. The styling is incredible and I found myself bouncing between the Red & White C7's. Still not sure which one to pick, but they both are my favourites.

I did ask the media rep about a Detroit presentation in January for a "new" model. And she did say GM would be announcing something around that time, but didnt know what model or what brand.

If you are in the DC area and want to see them, go there now!!

Here are the videos I took today

Last edited by Daekwan06; 09-30-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:59 AM
dmporter31
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
Couldnt believe my eyes as I was commuting into downtown DC and saw several C7's in all different colors parked in hotel driveway. Took about 30 minutes of walking to finally find the driveway and it was like walking into heaven! Even C7 color & combination (except Lime Rock green was present).

I took plenty of pics & video. Still working on uploading them. Also met the media lady from GM who handles their press events. She was the one who informed me of what was going on that day. Cars will be there all day today and tomorrow, but they do get put away into the garage at night. Its basically an event to get the international media to drive the C7 and let them get a taste of the best America has to offer.

I sat in several of them and found that I fit with no issues. I'm 6-3, 230lbs with an atheletic build. The fit is different from that of my C6, not exactly what I would call tight. But it does fit like a glove. I felt right at home and found very comfortable settings. I cannot explain how exotic this car looks in person. The styling is incredible and I found myself bouncing between the Red & White C7's. Still not sure which one to pick, but they both are my favourites.

I did ask the media rep about a Detroit presentation in January for a "new" model. And she did say GM would be announcing something around that time, but didnt know what model or what brand.

can make up hours later today, on the way. Thanks for the info!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:03 AM
VIN666
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonder what a parked Tadge loos like...
Old 09-30-2013, 10:17 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Couldnt believe my eyes as I was commuting into downtown DC and saw several C7's in all different colors parked in hotel driveway. Took about 30 minutes of walking to finally find the driveway and it was like walking into heaven! Even C7 color & combination (except Lime Rock green was present). I took plenty of pics & video. Still working on uploading them. Also met the media lady from GM who handles their press events. She was the one who informed me of what was going on that day. Cars will be there all day today and tomorrow, but they do get put away into the garage at night. Its basically an event to get the international media to drive the C7 and let them get a taste of the best America has to offer.

Hmmm, I wonder if this is a hint that all is not well for the future of LRG?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:23 AM
slowhatch
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

my gawd, i want laguna blue, but everytime i see AW it erodes confidence in my decision. ARGH!!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:30 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great post!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:42 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Dude you were even dressed to be in this car
Old 09-30-2013, 10:45 AM
MHFontaine
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 155 Likes on 53 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I need to stop looking at these pics. I have an AW/Red GS 'vert now and wanted something different, so I ordered a Blade Silver C7 coupe. But dayum, every time I see an AW/Red C7 I want one
Old 09-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
Hmmm, I wonder if this is a hint that all is not well for the future of LRG?
I have no doubt LRG is going to be replaced after this first year. Its simply not popular from every report I've seen thus far. I would hope its replaced by Inferno Orange, as an exotic car like this deserves exotic colors.

Would be nice if GM gave us the Lamborghini Gray color also. Like this:

I've seen a C6 painted that color and it looks unbelievably awesome on the Vette!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
MHFontaine
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 155 Likes on 53 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Were you able to get any up close pics of the Blade Silver?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Nice cars, but I hope the leos don't ticket them for parking on the sidewalks.

Shame on them for blocking the wheel chair ramps.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:49 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MHFontaine
I need to stop looking at these pics. I have an AW/Red GS 'vert now and wanted something different, so I ordered a Blade Silver C7 coupe. But dayum, every time I see an AW/Red C7 I want one
I'm getting very interested in the silver...PM me if you want to sell your used car!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:54 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Why don't they hand me the keys to one while my car is in QC.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Speedforhire
Nice cars, but I hope the leos don't ticket them for parking on the sidewalks.

Shame on them for blocking the wheel chair ramps.
Cops were on site. Cant see it from the pics, but there was a cruiser with lights on sitting in front of the driveway. And they werent blocking the wheel chair ramps, several entrances to get up on the curbing for anyone or anything with wheels.

Also be advised this was the back of the hotel. The front entrance of the hotel is the main/grand entrance. And there plenty of entry ways there. If anything it appears GM was trying to "hide" these C7's from public view and keep their media event quiet. They definitely chose a quiet area of the hotel and on the back street part to be away from the public eye.

Not sure if it was to make for a great photo op. Or to keep walkerby's & stragglers (like me) from just walking and wandering all through the cars. I was there for atleast 30mins, looked at each and everyone close up.. and I think I might have seen 2 other non-staff people like myself stop by. Only reason I knew the cars were there, is because I have a sharp eye and caught the C7 profile while driving on the highway.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Why don't they hand me the keys to one while my car is in QC.
Keys were in the cup holders of all of them. I could tell as the car would chirp 2x if you closed it. On the C6 it chirps 3x if you close the door with the keys still in.

I was able to start a few and play around with the settings. Asked if I could go on a test drive and that was a no-no
Old 09-30-2013, 11:04 AM
fredl11
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 32 Posts

Enough with the Black Rims on an AW!! I need to see an AW with CF roof and Kalahari with Chrome rims.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:09 AM
HogwildC7
Melting Slicks

Received 132 Likes on 97 Posts

I have no doubt LRG is going to be replaced after this first year. Its simply not popular from every report I've seen thus far. I would hope its replaced by Inferno Orange, as an exotic car like this deserves exotic colors.

Would be nice if GM gave us the Lamborghini Gray color also. Like this:

I've seen a C6 painted that color and it looks unbelievably awesome on the Vette!
but that would be a $2k price option. that is a very upscale paint.

Get notified of new replies

To Tadge & 12 C7's parked at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in DC for media event

Old 09-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Bob-G
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts

Wow, nice find! Great pics, thanks.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:02 PM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting.....
Old 09-30-2013, 12:16 PM
live2drive
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 5 Posts

..... Only reason I knew the cars were there, is because I have a sharp eye and caught the C7 profile while driving on the highway.
Talk about being in the right place at the right time! Thanks for the pictures.

Quick Reply: Tadge & 12 C7's parked at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in DC for media event