Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 606 Likes on 225 Posts

Must've been an awesome sight to see.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Bigredwing
Melting Slicks

Received 425 Likes on 301 Posts

I wonder how many of these cars will show up in DC traffic camera shots if they are test driving in the District? Nice for pics but pretty crappy for a test drive. Then again, if the government shuts down there will be plenty of room on the roads. A much better place would be down here in Southern Maryland.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigredwing
I wonder how many of these cars will show up in DC traffic camera shots if they are test driving in the District? Nice for pics but pretty crappy for a test drive. Then again, if the government shuts down there will be plenty of room on the roads. A much better place would be down here in Southern Maryland.
Actually I have an even better story. Talked to the guys who were moving the cars around and positioning them. And was joking they have the best job ever. One told me a story about when they showed them off in Texas and drove them several hundreds of miles to another location. When they arrived they stopped by law enforcement, who told them of several reports they had received of them speeding at triple digit speeds through the state. Of course they denied they going that fast. And one of the LEO's got on the radio with the state police helicopter. The chopper was following the C7 crew and using the dotted white lines to calculate their speed, said they were doing speeds easily up to 130mph or more.

Guy didnt admit this to police. Did admit to me, that they would have one car leave and get a 15-20 minute headstart on the highway.. and was basically scouting for troopers. Before the other C7's would come blasting down the highway. As a person who grew up watching movies like Smokie & the Bandit, and shows like the Dukes of Hazzard & Knight Rider.. I definitely think these guys hired to drive the C7's from location to location have the best job I can think of!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Just added video
Old 09-30-2013, 09:19 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
Actually I have an even better story. Talked to the guys who were moving the cars around and positioning them. And was joking they have the best job ever. One told me a story about when they showed them off in Texas and drove them several hundreds of miles to another location. When they arrived they stopped by law enforcement, who told them of several reports they had received of them speeding at triple digit speeds through the state. Of course they denied they going that fast. And one of the LEO's got on the radio with the state police helicopter. The chopper was following the C7 crew and using the dotted white lines to calculate their speed, said they were doing speeds easily up to 130mph or more.

Guy didnt admit this to police. Did admit to me, that they would have one car leave and get a 15-20 minute headstart on the highway.. and was basically scouting for troopers. Before the other C7's would come blasting down the highway. As a person who grew up watching movies like Smokie & the Bandit, and shows like the Dukes of Hazzard & Knight Rider.. I definitely think these guys hired to drive the C7's from location to location have the best job I can think of!
They just don't want you speeding unless you pay the toll in Texas!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:31 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,458 Likes on 2,274 Posts

What, no chromies on the Lambo. . . ?

Great pics of the 7, OP.

Thanks for posting.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:22 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by slowhatch
my gawd, i want laguna blue, but everytime i see AW it erodes confidence in my decision. ARGH!!
I'm in exactly the same boat. I thought Laguna Blue with gray interior was a no-brainer for me until seeing pics of Arctic White with Adrenaline Red. The AW /AR is a stunning combo! Decisions, decisions.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:03 AM
335i
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, these are some of the best pictures I've seen of the C7. Especially of the torch red and white (two of my top choices as well). Thanks OP!

Quick Reply: Tadge & 12 C7's parked at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in DC for media event