C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe its good that my car DIDNT come in this weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 07:43 PM
mrrrkva
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Maybe its good that my car DIDNT come in this weekend.

I drove around back looking for it and found a "Automatic Car Wash" with BRUSHES on the property. It looks like they use this to wash ALL their cars.... I would never take my car to one of these. I would guess they run ALL thier cars thru here, new and used. Even the old trade ins.... I have NEVER seen one of these on a new car lot. I guess I am going to driver her home dirty. Does anyone else's dealer have one of these?
Old 09-29-2013, 07:52 PM
C7_Z51
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would never allow a dealer to wash my car. They are in the business of getting cars in and out and doing it yourself is not only much safer but a much better job.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:54 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

And, whenever you take it in for service have the words, "Do Not wash!" written on the service order. It works at my Chevy dealer.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

It was clean when they put the cover on so it should be good enough to drive home. You may have to use the razor blade and glass cleaner on windows where there were stickers.
Originally Posted by mrrrkva
I drove around back looking for it and found a "Automatic Car Wash" with BRUSHES on the property. It looks like they use this to wash ALL their cars.... I would never take my car to one of these. I would guess they run ALL thier cars thru here, new and used. Even the old trade ins.... I have NEVER seen one of these on a new car lot. I guess I am going to driver her home dirty. Does anyone else's dealer have one of these?
Old 09-29-2013, 08:40 PM
R W B
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know one of my local Toyota dealerships that was built in the past few years has one.

Also one of my friends owns a very high end detail shop and he just had some flyers made that you hang on your rearview mirror for his customers when their cars go in for service and it says "Do NOT Wash" and a few other things.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:45 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,072 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

The C7 manual says no automatic car wash.

Get notified of new replies

To Maybe its good that my car DIDNT come in this weekend.

Quick Reply: Maybe its good that my car DIDNT come in this weekend.