So much for low VIN#s MUST READ!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 04:45 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 275 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default So much for low VIN#s MUST READ!!!

First of all, a special thank you to Kelly from Chevy Cust Serv here on the forum. There are a very FEW reliable sources of info and I found out today, my VIN 780 is in TENN for the dreaded "quality inspection". For those of you that don't know, my car went from 3800 to 4D00 to 4B00 two days ago. No word that the car was in Tenn nor did the code ever go to 4200 or 4300, GM'er can verify, I look at that list every day...

Those of you who thought that the Tenn "QC" was limited to Vin's under 400 are mistaken... The worst part is I would have never known if it had not been for the help of a lone forum member with nothing to gain, again, thanks so much for doing what GM's chat line, my dealer, or anyone else had been able to do, simply tell the truth - is that SO hard? Rest of the PM I got stated know way of knowing how long it will be there or what is happening, anyway, at least now I know...
Old 09-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Slappy3243
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

That's not good . I wonder how high up in VINs the affected cars go? I am VIN 2413 and I am hoping to avoid that place at all costs (knock on wood).
Old 09-25-2013, 04:48 PM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by AVETTE
First of all, a special thank you to Kelly from Chevy Cust Serv here on the forum. There are a very FEW reliable sources of info and I found out today, my VIN 780 is in TENN for the dreaded "quality inspection". For those of you that don't know, my car went from 3800 to 4D00 to 4B00 two days ago. No word that the car was in Tenn nor did the code ever go to 4200 or 4300, GM'er can verify, I look at that list every day...

Those of you who thought that the Tenn "QC" was limited to Vin's under 400 are mistaken... The worst part is I would have never known if it had not been for the help of a lone forum member with nothing to gain, again, thanks so much for doing what GM's chat line, my dealer, or anyone else had been able to do, simply tell the truth - is that SO hard? Rest of the PM I got stated know way of knowing how long it will be there or what is happening, anyway, at least now I know...
I'm telling you, your car is NOT in TN.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GM'er
I'm telling you, your car is NOT in TN.
lol he is a poser! You can't handle Nashville, boy! Lol jkjk!
Old 09-25-2013, 04:51 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It is a short term bitch - your patience will prevail. Try to keep it in perspective. Life is good for anyone able to be buying a C7
Old 09-25-2013, 04:56 PM
jimbotenpro
Advanced

Who knows where my car is...BG, Nashville...Vin 430. One day ill get it. Just keep driving my C-6
Old 09-25-2013, 05:01 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

I know the excitement that comes from ordering a new car. I have never been a "first on the block" guy, but I suppose it is excitement mulpitlied by 10. That being said and while I do think some type of statement from GM would be nice, you are privy to information (the Nashville thing) that would have been unheard of 10-15 years ago. Take a deep breath, understand that you will be handed the keys to a car that was made as perfect as possible by our friends in BG.

Congrats on your pending delivery
Old 09-25-2013, 05:18 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

That memo post GM customer service and Kelly gives out is the standard you are here for quality control reasons. I would only believe what GM'er just stated you are not in Nashville. GM has the cookie cutter memos ready to add your VIN and send out to anyone that ask. No disrespect on you Kelly but you have posted this memo on here already today and it is generic as they come.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:22 PM
mws444
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I fell your frustration Brother, but hey remember there are always those who are worse off. There are more than a few of us early orders who have been stuck at 3000 for more than 8 weeks, waiting on exposed CF roofs. The issue is further compounded by a GM decision to build Premier Editions for dealer stock rather than customer sold cars.
I too am guilty of a frustrated rant or two, as I do not wait well. I spouted off more than once after GM built all the rental cars during the pre order phase of the C5 Camaro I would not jump out early on another preorder again......yet here I am.
I guess in the end we are all Blessed just to have the means to buy a brand new sports car like the Corvette. As soon as I get a blower on this new toy things will all be good again.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:27 PM
George36
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have to agree, Kelly was able to dig a little deeper that others at the faq@chevrolet.com have been able to do. Today she let me know mine shipped this morning, and should be here by the end of the week. Vin# 201, was in Nashville QC hold for the last week.
She was a big help,
Thank you again for all your assistance...
Living the Dream
Old 09-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Does anyone actually have theirs yet?

I've been following the unfolding of the deliveries to dealer threads for several days now. Have any of the new cars been taken possession of by their new owners?
Old 09-25-2013, 05:31 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Yes I count around 10 or so actual cars picked up from dealers that people have responded with photos. Many more than that at dealers though.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:35 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Wow, now Kelly from Chevy Cust Care who PM 'd me today is giving out false info according to GM'er. WHY WHY WHY??????? THIS IS UNREAL
Old 09-25-2013, 05:36 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

To be clear this is a forum member with Chevy not a random chat line person
Old 09-25-2013, 06:19 PM
THECORVETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 110 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist

Does anyone know WHY the cars are being held in Nashville for QC? What is being done to repair, enhance or replace parts in our cars?

The truth would be nice.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by THECORVETTEMANN
Does anyone know WHY the cars are being held in Nashville for QC? What is being done to repair, enhance or replace parts in our cars?

The truth would be nice.
I believe there is something wrong as well
Old 09-25-2013, 06:22 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by THECORVETTEMANN

The truth would be nice.

^ You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Get notified of new replies

To So much for low VIN#s MUST READ!!!

Old 09-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

...my VIN 780 is in TENN for the dreaded "quality inspection". ..
Is a quality control inspection such a bad thing?

Like you, my car has been produced and currently resides either at Bowling Green or Nashville. I, too, am very anxious to get it. But I'm actually glad to see that GM is taking pains to make sure it's ready before it ships.

No criticism intended. Just food for thought.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:26 PM
THECORVETTEMANN
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 110 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist

LOL............if A FEW GOOD MEN were handling the QC in Nashville, I would be happier.

Last edited by Cruiter; 09-25-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: response to hostile post
Old 09-25-2013, 06:26 PM
VIN666
Pro

I could tell you at least about 75% of what's going on there and I'm sure there are quite a few members on here that know even more, but we all like our jobs :P

That being said, it's quality related. The cars will be great when done and as it's been said multiple times - GM is AHEAD of what the original delivery promises were, so relax a little.

Quick Reply: So much for low VIN#s MUST READ!!!