Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7s land in SoCal...First Impressions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 12:53 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The Torch Red definitely has an orange flavored brightness to it compared to Victory Red but put it next to an Inferno Orange and you will see that it is not too much. I like mine best in direct, bright sunlight. I think it really pops at that point and the black accents do to.

<---------<<<
Attached Images  
Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 912 Likes on 476 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Sin City

Don't blame us for being suspicious. You seem to have some kind of bone to pick.

there is no "us" - it's you...just you...speak only for yourself...

Is this the way all the reviews of this car are going to be?...someone puts up their impressions, and their character and motive are picked apart?? If so, we're gonna get very few that will post...nice...more CF crap...
Old 09-25-2013, 12:56 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Sin City
I still don't believe they "blew off" after looking at the video on how to remove them.

Did they have some kind of problem? Maybe. But, you make an assumption in your first post that may or may not be true. Yet, you state it as fact.

Don't blame us for being suspicious. You seem to have some kind of bone to pick.

I actually don't disagree with some of your statements. For you, 3LT in black may be over done. For others, it's just right. The "orange" red comment at "dusk" is just seems silly though. Is that really something to worry about? Don't all colors change their hue in the orange light of dusk?

Drink it all in combined with the double warning of "don't even bother to question my wisdom here" and you get what you get.
I'm not really all that concerned about what you believe. Some people believe they have been abducted by aliens.

I will use my own empirical observations to draw my own conclusions as you will.

So they had some kind of problem but that problem could not have led to them blowing off? GASP, maybe someone didn't put the cover on correctly and it blew off.

The Torch Red was an observation of the color that is not apparent in photos. Some people on the fence about color MIGHT actually care about that.

Personally I'm not too worried about my white changing colors in lighting. My Electron Blue Z06, Lemans Blue Convertible, and White 71 Stingray also do not change color at dusk. In fact the color gets deeper.

3LT in black again is my opinion based on my biases which I clearly outline in post #1 Sounds like you are ordering a torch red on black 3lt and are using the same thing in post one to argue with my observations.

Also never put anywhere "don't even bother to question my wisdom here". In fact I can't even see where someone might infer that was my meaning, but that is perhaps my own closed perspective.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:57 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by R W B
So it seems as though most of your personal issues are with the lazy detailers at your local dealership and not GM themselves.

Also, IDK anything about these covers but damn, how bad would that be to be driving behind one of these trucks if those covers really do fly off that easily. I mean that could literally kill people. I see that being a law suit waiting to happen.
nope lazy detailers were in no way most of my personal issues.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:59 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Glen e

Is this the way all the reviews of this car are going to be?...someone puts up their impressions, and their character and motive are picked apart?? If so, we're gonna get very few that will post...nice...more CF crap...
Hey question everything. I wear big boy pants, I always come prepared.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:08 AM
zland
Drifting

Received 607 Likes on 190 Posts

OP, just wondering, what color & set up is your C7 going to be?
Old 09-25-2013, 01:08 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by WildVettes
Personally I'm not too worried about my white changing colors in lighting. My Electron Blue Z06, Lemans Blue Convertible, and White 71 Stingray also do not change color at dusk. In fact the color gets deeper.
You consider that necessarily a bad thing?
Old 09-25-2013, 01:14 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by zland
OP, just wondering, what color & set up is your C7 going to be?
Artic White
Z51
2LT Adrenaline Red
Black wheels
Stingray logo floor mats I had no idea what this was or what it cost because non of this was available at order time but it is in there

On the fence options I questioned not adding
Red Calipers
MRC

Red Calipers I can fix. MRC was based on previous bad experiences with FX3 shocks. Probably unfounded but I had to make a decision and no other car I own has MRC. If ordering again I might re-think this option.

No other regrets

I would just replace NPP with a non-valve aftermarket unit anyway. I like a little drone but see the benefit to the technology.

Last edited by WildVettes; 09-25-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:16 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Good write up overall. Sure some of it was subjective, but most seemed objective, and I'm mature enough to know the difference.

I would agree with the flying covers being a big concern. Apparently there are some solid plastic pieces on them. Hopefully the drivers will report these issues back to the factory.

Can't wait to get a first hand glimpse of one myself. I just hope I'm not in my beat up ol' 96 when I do, or I'll have to change my screen name to Robin Banks.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:16 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by rcallen484
You consider that necessarily a bad thing?
Nope. I like the red, just not as much as white or blue.

My color choices on this car were between

Laguna, Arctic, Velocity, and Cyber Gray

I have wanted a white on red for a while so I went this route.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:18 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses
Good write up overall. Sure some of it was subjective, but most seemed objective, and I'm mature enough to know the difference.

I would agree with the flying covers being a big concern. Apparently there are some solid plastic pieces on them. Hopefully the drivers will report these issues back to the factory.

Can't wait to get a first hand glimpse of one myself. I just hope I'm not in my beat up ol' 96 when I do, or I'll have to change my screen name to Robin Banks.
I like them. They did a good job! Super excited to get mine.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:20 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Nope. I like the red, just not as much as white or blue.

My color choices on this car were between

Laguna, Arctic, Velocity, and Cyber Gray

I have wanted a white on red for a while so I went this route.
I believe the Pearl White available on some cars can be utterly awesome, depending on how many colors are lurking underneath the surface
Old 09-25-2013, 01:23 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

I believe the Pearl White available on some cars can be utterly awesome, depending on how many colors are lurking underneath the surface
Color is highly subjective. I hate the pearl and it is my wife's favorite color. She hates white.

At least she reinforces my decision with me to make me feel better. She would spray that baby pearl in a heartbeat if it was hers.

CTS-V looks good in any color.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:27 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Color is highly subjective. I hate the pearl and it is my wife's favorite color. She hates white.

At least she reinforces my decision with me to make me feel better. She would spray that baby pearl in a heartbeat if it was hers.

CTS-V looks good in any color.
When I say pearl I am really referring more to the process and depth of result than the specific color BUT I had a buddy years ago that had a pearl white Ranchero hot rod that was a show winner
Old 09-25-2013, 01:31 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

When I say pearl I am really referring more to the process and depth of result than the specific color BUT I had a buddy years ago that had a pearl white Ranchero hot rod that was a show winner
This is what I think of with that color. It has too much gold for me. Then they added metal flake and it is just a little too much for me.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:36 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

I guess it is the IRIDESCENCE of pearl I like on an eye candy machine.

"1: a lustrous rainbowlike play of color caused by differential refraction of light waves (as from an oil slick, soap bubble, or fish scales) that tends to change as the angle of view changes

2: a lustrous or attractive quality or effect"
Old 09-25-2013, 02:30 AM
Arthur Chandleer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I appreciate the report....

Yep, just re-read my post and don't see anywhere in there where I put my opinion is the only one that matters.

In fact I thought I did a pretty good job of explaining they were my impressions and were subject to my OCD personality AND my own personal biases.
Thanks for the thoughtful and well-phrased comments.

Don't pay any attention to Forum posters who live under a bridge during daylight hours.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...es/cheers2.gif

Get notified of new replies

To C7s land in SoCal...First Impressions.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:32 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Arthur Chandleer
Thanks for the thoughtful and well-phrased comments.

Don't pay any attention to Forum posters who live under a bridge during daylight hours.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...es/cheers2.gif

Can't wait to get behind the wheel.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:37 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,911 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e

I would like to see people's first impressions, good and bad.

What I am not interested in seeing are the character assassinations after they put up their impressions. Those serve no purpose. We're supposed to be talking about the Corvette here. It's really gotten bad lately.

People with maturity should be able to handle differences in opinion. Corvette people, according to GM Marketing are old, so we should be mature here by now.

WildVettes, your pictures look great!

Michael

Last edited by Michael A; 09-25-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:50 AM
0WildVettes
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Michael A

I would like to see people's first impressions, good and bad.

What I am not interested in seeing are the character assassinations after they put up their impressions. Those serve no purpose. We're supposed to be talking about the Corvette here. It's really gotten bad lately.

People with maturity should be able to handle differences in opinion. Corvette people, according to GM Marketing are old, so we should be mature here by now.

WildVettes, your pictures look great!

Michael
If I had access to more opinions when I ordered it would have been helpful. There just wasn't enough out at the time.

Some people just have a hard time not taking everything as an attack. If every car was perfect for every person we would have no options and one color.

Thanks for the compliment. I will break out the DSLR when I get mine home.

Quick Reply: C7s land in SoCal...First Impressions.