Sponsored by:

Part number for carbon flash stinger stripe

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 912 Likes on 476 Posts
Tech Contributor

I can appreciate the stinger is a paint/clear combo that looks good but I really don't need that for $500. I have gloss black 1080 hash stripes on my Camaro and unless I point it out to people and put their nose in it, it looks like paint and holds up as well. So I'm gonna do the stinger in 1080 metallic black, it is very close to flash and may even do gloss black. The stinger just needs to continue the line and for me does not have to be a 100% identical match. My hash stripes:

Last edited by Glen e; 10-01-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

I'll take one of the 10..let me know how to proceed....please cut it perfect!

PM me and I'll paypal you...

Last edited by Glen e; 10-01-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Sean Dunshee
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You got it. And they will be cut perfect. More perfect than GMs I can tell you lol. I install tons of factory GM corvette stripes and mine always fit better. I have $10k in cutting machines and software and I am prob one of the biggest perfectionists you will meet.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:29 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by Sean Dunshee
I think the 1080 black metallic will prob be a spot on match.....content removed .
Sean,

In order to promote and sell products on the forum you need to be a supporting vendor. I can put you in touch with a forum administrator if you want to promote your business.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...l-posting.html

Commercial posting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supporting vendors pay for the considerable bandwidth charges on the Forum, making it free for the rest of us. In exchange, they get the privilege of using the Forum to market and promote their goods and services. Historically, we allow them to post in the generation sections and the regional sections to market and promote their products/services.

Forum members are welcome to sell a Corvette or Corvette parts they purchased for their own personal use. They also are welcome to use the Forum to purchase items for their personal use. Anything else is considered to be a commercial sale or a commercial purchase for the purpose of re-selling. Please check the sales rules regarding eBay sales and links:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...eir-parts.html

Members are not prohibited from mentioning it when they have a good (or bad, for that matter) experience with a non-supporting vendor. But such mentions cannot be so specific (address, phone number, e-mail address, URL, price, part number, offer to send contact information via PMs, etc.) or so frequent that they become marketing and promotional references.

Only supporting vendors can post Group Purchase threads. Only supporting vendors are permitted to post threads to gauge interest in a product.

Members can include a mention of their personal businesses in their signatures so long as the enterprise does not compete with an existing supporting vendor, is not Corvette-related and is not so detailed (address, phone number, e-mail address, offer to send contact information via PMs, etc.) or so frequently appended to their posts that it becomes inappropriate marketing and promotion. The same applies on references to other Internet automotive communities.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

I'm sure they will - awaiting your paypal instructions....
Old 10-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Sean Dunshee
Drifting

I have PMed to become a vendor...as soon as they get back to me and I become a vendor I will have this stripe available in any color including carbon fiber 3M material but I won't be accepting orders until then
Old 10-01-2013, 01:47 PM
WackyBob
Pro

Received 341 Likes on 115 Posts

Sean....sign me up as a pre-order for $175....how do Isend you payment?
Old 10-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Sean Dunshee
Drifting

Wacky Bob...I will put you down for one of the $175 Pre-Orders but I won't be able to accept the money until I become a vendor as to not stir up any more trouble lol. Hopefully by the end of today I will be a real full blown forum vendor I have already submitted all of my paperwork to Internet Brands and am just waiting to hear back with a payment method.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Sean Dunshee
Drifting

Ok...I have now become a forum vendor. I will log back in later and give all the details and my new user name is Corvette Stripes. I am a soccer coach for my daughters team at our church and we have 2 team practices this evening so I wont be able to be on here tonight but I will have everything up and running for the pre sale stripes by tomorrow. Thank you all for your patience!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:59 PM
WackyBob
Pro

Awesome!!!! Thanks Sean....err I mean Corvette Stripes. Let me know how to send you $ for the stringer stripe whenever you get a chance. Have fun coaching tonight. God Bless
Old 10-02-2013, 07:18 PM
VetteFX
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok....So I am now a full fledged Corvette Forum Vendor . I went to the local dealership today and got all the measurements I needed for the stripe and matched up the color. The metallic black is VERY close...it is just slightly darker. I took pics of the color swatch next to the fender vent and will post them if the pic turned out well. The stripes for pre-order will be $175 including shipping for the first 10 orders. After the 10 the price will be the normal $225. We can also do these stripes in most any other color if you have a specific color in mind and we are also now designing other C7 stripe kits as well. I will be doing the first 10 stripes as soon as the special order material arrives at the shop which should be Friday!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:23 PM
65vette396
Pro

Received 155 Likes on 119 Posts

Please put me down for a one of the hood stripes at $175. PM me when you're ready and i'll paypal the funds to you. I would like for the color to match the carbon fiber hood or the carbon flash hood grills.
Thanks.
John
Old 10-02-2013, 09:44 PM
WackyBob
Pro

$ sent
Old 10-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Mariano
Pro

Received 163 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette Stripes
Ok....So I am now a full fledged Corvette Forum Vendor . I went to the local dealership today and got all the measurements I needed for the stripe and matched up the color. The metallic black is VERY close...it is just slightly darker. I took pics of the color swatch next to the fender vent and will post them if the pic turned out well. The stripes for pre-order will be $175 including shipping for the first 10 orders. After the 10 the price will be the normal $225. We can also do these stripes in most any other color if you have a specific color in mind and we are also now designing other C7 stripe kits as well. I will be doing the first 10 stripes as soon as the special order material arrives at the shop which should be Friday!
Please post photos. I will need detailed pictures before I can move forward on your product. Thank you
Mariano
Old 10-03-2013, 12:38 AM
VetteFX
Racer

Here is a pic of the sample on top of the rear fender vent....color is very close.

Gorgeous new C7 at the dealer that I was able to take all the measurements from.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

good match...cut and ship mine....
Old 10-03-2013, 12:59 AM
VetteFX
Racer

Sounds good glen, the material was special order and should arrive Friday or Monday at the latest. As soon as it shows up I will cut 10 sets and ship out all the pre paid ones. Thank you again for the business, I really do appreciate it!!

I am in the process of building a whole corvette only website and will have all of my stripes. I also do hydro dipping, and fiberglass!!

My dad has been in the corvette parts biz for 39 years and I started out just helping him on the side but it is looking like I may start doing corvette stuff full time now as well

Last edited by VetteFX; 10-03-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Part number for carbon flash stinger stripe

Old 10-05-2013, 01:10 AM
VetteFX
Racer

OK, the vinyl arrived at the shop today and we will be cutting them this weekend and shipping the first few orders on Monday! Please let me know if anyone else would like to get in on the first initial order at the special pricing!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:32 AM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I think I will get one too....I really like it. Will you ever be able to do the Jake Corvette Racing stripe I saw on a cyber grey C7?
Old 10-06-2013, 02:31 AM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I would love this jake strip for my stingray hood and for the door too.

[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Part number for carbon flash stinger stripe