Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stuck at 3000, rollback my order?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 08:05 PM
jdschlieman
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck at 3000, rollback my order?

I am one of the unfortunate people (from GMer's list) who have been stuck at 3000 since early July. I placed my order in early May and have been sitting at 3000 since. I ordered a Z51 coupe, 2LT, NRB, Kalahari interior with suede seat inserts, 7 speed, Mag. ride, NPP, Nav, Black wheels, TTV, C2M dual roof package. I have been given the TPW of 10/14 by the chat line AND by my dealer. While I have the C2M (exposed carbon fiber and transparent) roofs on order, I really only care about having the transparent roof. I don’t plan on using the Carbon Fiber one, and really only bought it to have in case I sell the car in the future. While it is nice to have a TPW I’m not sure if it can really be trusted. The first car ordered from my dealership (90+ allocations) as well as 2 others from the 1st and 2nd consensus ordered before me are also stuck. With one of them being rolled back to 3000 from 3300.

SO my dealer has given me the option to "rollback" my order. My understanding is that this jumps me back out of line, allows me to remove the CF roof, and then goes back to 3000 as a new order. This is basically the same thing Chevy had asked to do for dealer stock orders. So I am looking for some opinions. Should I stay with what I have and count on it being correct or jump out of line and hope to move up quickly. Before you jump on me for being impatient, the reason that I ask, is that I have scheduled a road trip with my wife to celebrate our 6th anniversary in early November, complete with arranging child care for my 3 y/o and 7 mth old. At this point, all of which is hard to change, and we where counting on taking the new (and first!) vette. Thoughts?
Old 09-22-2013, 08:15 PM
SevenTurns
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

I would stick with what you wanted, unless you make the change without regrets.
Hope it works out for you. Best of luck !
Old 09-22-2013, 08:16 PM
65vette396
Pro

Received 155 Likes on 119 Posts

Given your time constraints of the early Nov trip and your satisfaction with the transparent top, i would do the roll back. You can order the CF top later thru the parts dept and i would ask the dealer to order you one at his dealer cost if you do the roll back. This way you get the car quicker and the dealer gets to deliver a sold unit quicker. From what i'm reading, the transparent top only should get you moved up pretty fast.

I too am at the 3000 after moving up and back down due to the CF roof but i can wait until the parts supply is worked out.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:24 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by jdschlieman
I really only care about having the transparent roof. I don’t plan on using the Carbon Fiber one,...

I have scheduled a road trip with my wife to celebrate our 6th anniversary in early November,.... Thoughts?
Since you only want the transparent top, that's a plus that says "yes" to your question.

But, have you ever had and driven a car with only a transparent top? I'm not challenging, just asking if you actually know what you're getting into with only that one top. A lot of people here would tell you it gets uncomfortably hot inside even when it isn't all that hot ambient temp. You would almost certainly have to buy an aftermarket shade to clip on to make it liveable. If you already know about that, great. Just sayin'.

Do you know or do we assume for moment that your dealer will have an allocation to plug your order right back in on next consensus? Or has he told you that isn't necessary, your order just goes back in the existing line but at the bottom? I'm not clear on that.

Then, the "early November" target. I don't think you could count on the car getting here in that time frame, especially with a new order or revised order. Again, I don't know.

You've probably read everything here that we've read about the CF top constraint likely to exist for a month or months.

If you want the car as soon as possible, it's probably best to drop the CF top. But early November? I don't think so. Just a guess of course.

Note: If you fill in your Profile with city and state of residence, it might help answering questions, now and in the future. Maybe you live where the transparent top will work better than many places.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:34 PM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Thought the constraint was only for New orders, not the ones that were accepted in 1st consensus?

I ordered in May!

I've been sitting at 3000, recently moved to 3100 & Friday 3300!

I'm supposed to have TWP of 9/30!!

Dealer never asked for me to remove CF roof!!

Hopefully this is solid TPW!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:35 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 595 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

I would hold out for what you want ! no regrets no compromise.

Get notified of new replies

To stuck at 3000, rollback my order?

Quick Reply: stuck at 3000, rollback my order?