Sponsored by:

MotorWeek Stung!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 10:12 PM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To all the people saying MotorWeek is positive in all their reviews:

You are correct to an extent, but they usually squeeze in negative feedback here and there or at least the occasional underhanded compliment. And if they're trying to fill out a review of a car they don't like without sounding too negative, they just say a lot of matter-of-fact things about the car, as opposed to constantly talking about how they liked it (as they did with the Stingray). You can always tell how they really feel about the car if you read between the lines. Go watch their reviews of the latest gen M6, or the 2012 Carrera 4S for examples.

The fact that they had literally NOTHING* negative to say about the C7 is certainly worth noting. They loved the car. They very rarely have such glowing feedback as "the steering felt perfect in every single way".

*OK, to be fair, they mentioned that the interior "could be a little tight". But that was it, and that's not so much a criticism as a warning for certain people from what I could tell.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 09-23-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
To all the people saying MotorWeek is positive in all their reviews:

You are correct to an extent, but they usually squeeze in negative feedback here and there or at least the occasional underhanded compliment. And if they're trying to fill out a review of a car they don't like without sounding too negative, they just say a lot of matter-of-fact things about the car, as opposed to constantly talking about how they liked it (as they did with the Stingray). You can always tell how they really feel about the car if you read between the lines. Go watch their reviews of the latest gen M6, or the 2012 Carrera 4S for examples.

The fact that they had literally NOTHING* negative to say about the C7 is certainly worth noting. They loved the car. They very rarely have such glowing feedback as "the steering felt perfect in every single way".

*OK, to be fair, they mentioned that the interior "could be a little tight". But that was it, and that's not so much a criticism as a warning for certain people from what I could tell.
Holy crap!
I can't believe you've ventured out of that C7 vs. 911 thread to post somewhere else!

S.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:05 PM
bamawrx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo
Porsche 928 PSD differential - YouTube

(Great Engineers, but, simplicity counts$ too!)
Best vid ever.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:52 AM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
Holy crap!
I can't believe you've ventured out of that C7 vs. 911 thread to post somewhere else!

S.
Hey, I was running out of things I was interested in talking about now that we knew most of what there was to know about the C7... at least until they start hitting the road in consumers' hands.

... But I'll still gladly accept your beer offering.

Quick Reply: MotorWeek Stung!