Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Default Corvette release as it relates to R8C Museum delivery

Under the category of "best laid plans."

I have the following update from the National Corvette Museum as it relates to scheduling of museum deliveries:

Our plan to schedule Museum deliveries in a sequential order is no longer a viable plan. We found out this morning that we are not able to "order" cars based on museum delivery appointments. GM will be releasing cars to us in no particular order as determined by their position in the lot and availability to be transported.

We received our first order today and immediately started reaching out to those customers to schedule their delivery. Starting on the 30th, deliveries will commence as quickly as the museum can process the cars and buyers can arrange travel. It does look like things will be this way for a little while. Because of the uncertainty on the order that cars will be arriving at the NCM, we will be receiving cars and then making appointments with the customers while still striving to give as much advanced notice as is possible under the current situation.

Please know we are making every effort to get cars into the hands of their owners as quickly as possible. Please also be aware that this is a temporary situation that we will be working to get back to a normal routine as quickly as possible once the large accumulation of the cars at the assembly plant lot have been sorted and delivered.

Thank you for your understanding.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:10 PM
billbunton
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out the same thing from talking to Shane. Extremely disappointing :-(
Old 09-19-2013, 06:23 PM
NOMRW8NG
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for this info.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,486 Likes on 1,948 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Under the circumstances where many/everyone was so glad to see the increasing stockpile of cars at the plant, what more could anyone expect? The plant and the Museum are doing the best they can with cars coming off the line every hour, and cars stacked in the lots---most of which are being shipped all over the country--not kept as NCM deliveries.

And then, too, there is that little thing called "weather." Sometime in the future it will either get to be really bad weather around Bowling Green, or elsewhere in the country where an owner has to take their car.

It appears to me the Museum is doing what it can to minimize disappointment, while maximizing deliveries to waiting owners in a timely fashion. Just wish I was one of them!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:51 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,458 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Sounds like they have their hands full.

Hopefully folks will exercise some patience and understanding.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:53 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Thanks for the update Paul.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Rich427
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 29 Posts

Talon, thanks for the update. Your efforts are truly appreciated.

You mentioned in another thread that the museum had the capacity to deliver 16 cars a day instead of the usual 8 but it was based on available manpower. Do you think the museum will attempt to expand the deliveries beyond 8 per day in the short term to help alleviate the current backlog?

Again, thanks for keeping everyone up to date!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:32 PM
*C7*
Melting Slicks

Received 388 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor 05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Now it is really getting exciting.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Periokid
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

If a car became available prior to Sept 30th (ie at the museum) and the new owner was ok with not having the factory tour, could they get their car sooner?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:44 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
Under the circumstances where many/everyone was so glad to see the increasing stockpile of cars at the plant, what more could anyone expect? The plant and the Museum are doing the best they can with cars coming off the line every hour, and cars stacked in the lots---most of which are being shipped all over the country--not kept as NCM deliveries.

And then, too, there is that little thing called "weather." Sometime in the future it will either get to be really bad weather around Bowling Green, or elsewhere in the country where an owner has to take their car.

It appears to me the Museum is doing what it can to minimize disappointment, while maximizing deliveries to waiting owners in a timely fashion. Just wish I was one of them!
My thoughts exactly, Bill. It sounds to me like the museum is doing a great job managing a challenging situation that they found themselves in through no one's fault.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette release as it relates to R8C Museum delivery

Quick Reply: Corvette release as it relates to R8C Museum delivery