Sponsored by:

GM is doing their job

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Showstopper
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM is doing their job

GM is definitely doing their job. You always hear them talking about getting the c7 into younger hands. Well they have definitely won me over. I Just turned 30 and placed my order last week!!! I've always beem a hardcore Camaro guy and never imagined putting myself in a c7. But with the features you get for the money it is a no brainer. I hope to be active in this community quite a bit and share future mods, etc.

Last edited by Showstopper; 09-17-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Welcome not just to the car but to a whole new Corvette Culture. Be prepared to join others who love their Corvettes. Everything from shows, to track time, caravans and cross country trips. Maybe you will even make the anniversary trip to the Corvette Museum next August.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:59 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Welcome to the forum and the family.

Here's to many miles of smiles in your new Corvette.

Paul
Old 09-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Houston Z33
Burning Brakes

Received 297 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Showstopper
GM is definitely doing their job. You always hear them talking about getting the c7 into younger hands. Well they have definitely won me over. I Just turned 30 and placed my order last week!!! I've always beem a hardcore Camaro guy and never imagined putting myself in a c7. But with the features you get for the money it is a no brainer. I hope to be active in this community quite a bit and share future mods, etc.
Hush! - Why GM never went after younger guys like you and me...they only care about who has the money!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:17 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,457 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
Welcome to the forum and the family.

Here's to many miles of smiles in your new Corvette.

Paul

Welcome aboard.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:23 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Welcome and remember to post pics of your new C7...

...along with details about your experiences!

As to GM doing their job...as someone who has complained about the lack of marketing activity in the past, I have to really hand it to the Corvette Team. They have done a great job of getting this car right and then getting it in front of the car-buying public and into the hands of the automotive media.

But like many, I'm not hearing enough about the automatic in the C7 and we need more detail about how it performs in a variety of modes and situations.

And, while it is fantastic to have these great reviews, I'm ready to hear from all the new Corvette C7 owners about their experiences.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:25 PM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

congrats and welcome to the forum!
I'm 40 years old ,I had a severe case of 991 syndrome....then the General came up with a cure.I'm very grateful ,they also saved me 45K.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

Welcome to the new generation of Corvette fans and owners, it is great to know that America's sports car will continue to thrive in your hands.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:54 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

GM has no idea what they are doing in marketing the corvette to a younger demographic. They are absolutely clueless and quite significantly lost.

Nonetheless, hopefully without any of GM intervention the C7 will resonate to the younger demographic more or less by going viral.
As long as the greatest generation types don't reemerge as the icon of brand ownership.

GM doing their job .... makes me chuckle in this regard.

Enjoy the vette.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Drake Heminger
Burning Brakes

I'm 24 and the C7 is very appealing to me I'm even trading in my ZL1 for it... the C6 I never really liked... I always thought the Camaro looked better, but now its the opposite!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:07 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by matthewelle
GM has no idea what they are doing in marketing the corvette to a younger demographic. They are absolutely clueless and quite significantly lost.

Nonetheless, hopefully without any of GM intervention the C7 will resonate to the younger demographic more or less by going viral.
As long as the greatest generation types don't reemerge as the icon of brand ownership.

GM doing their job .... makes me chuckle in this regard.

Enjoy the vette.
Gotta disagree...I think they did a hella good job of partnering with GT5 even before the reveal...

...and immediately thereafter!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:45 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Respectfully o'hh no you didn't Ox.
In the beginning [i.e. before the reveal] you too believed GM was loosing the PR wars. That translates to media, and social.

A camo'd C7 in a virtual world for a car steeped in reality does one thing make it a car for those who wish to hide away in a virtual world - a second life.

The target should have been find a way to get it on a reality TV show with a skewed younger demographic. Then you get everything lifestyle, image, day in the life, C7 and you, Sex and appeal and how it fits into a younger persons life - branding. They just don't know the cross over points.

Sorry, I get passionate over these things.

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Gotta disagree...I think they did a hella good job of partnering with GT5 even before the reveal...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70kkB6GFQpo

...and immediately thereafter!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDQP85h1_3s
Old 09-17-2013, 05:40 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Welcome. They are great cars and the community is awesome!!!

And I agree, the GT5 advertisement was great. Not only did it make me want to go buy the game just so I can race with the corvette, it elevated my excitement about the car.

(yes, I bought the game. Gamestop had a sale and I got if about $15 bucks. The Corvette is all I have driven.)
Old 09-17-2013, 06:30 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by matthewelle
Respectfully o'hh no you didn't Ox.
In the beginning [i.e. before the reveal] you too believed GM was loosing the PR wars. That translates to media, and social.

A camo'd C7 in a virtual world for a car steeped in reality does one thing make it a car for those who wish to hide away in a virtual world - a second life.

The target should have been find a way to get it on a reality TV show with a skewed younger demographic. Then you get everything lifestyle, image, day in the life, C7 and you, Sex and appeal and how it fits into a younger persons life - branding. They just don't know the cross over points.

Sorry, I get passionate over these things.
Well, how would you get a camo'ed, not-yet-revealed C7 out to a younger audience? Have reality TV show kids drive around in a camo'ed C7?

There is still plenty of time to do what you are talking about with the C7. But the idea that it will do any more to keep them from hiding away in the virtual world of TV is doubtful. Plus, watching it on TV is far more passive than controlling the car on a virtual track. Pro drivers often use simulators to improve their driving.

I put it to you that the global GT5 audience includes a lot of younger-to-middle-age adults who buy cars. Before the reveal players got to drive the car and experience the sound and visual power as often and as long as they wanted to. Plus there was internet communications between GM and the gamers. Then, when the reveal happened they got to choose their colors, etc. and play it as a full-blown revealed car almost immediately.

There is still a lot of time (and probably already something in the hopper) for promo opportunities. The fall sports are just getting hot. Auto racing, baseball and football alone will present huge opportunities.

Get notified of new replies

To GM is doing their job

Quick Reply: GM is doing their job