Sponsored by:

Ordered my new vette today from Mike Furman@Criswell

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Xfactors
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ordered my new vette today from Mike Furman@Criswell

Got my vette ordered today. My workbench order number is RHCSFR. I'm buying it from Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland. Mike Furman is my salesman on this deal. I'm having it drop shipped to Viva in El Paso. I can track my order on this site.... http://www.chevrolet.com/ownership/o...er.extapp.html. I should have the car in about 2 months. Here's my order....

2014 2LT coupe with Z51 performance package
Night race blue
jet black interior
GT seats
automatic transmission
black seat inserts
front license plate mounting package
Magnetic selective ride control
the standard split spoke silver painted aluminum wheels that come standard with Z51 package
Navigation
variable performance tuned exhaust

MSRP w/DFC † : $64,535.00

I'll be treating my new vette with TLC, and I won't be racing it, well at least not very much.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Congrats

Mike's great to deal with, and is well respected on the forum
Old 09-15-2013, 01:34 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by cor08vette
Congrats

Mike's great to deal with, and is well respected on the forum
Old 09-15-2013, 01:41 PM
sotirisf
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

make sure you have an order status, if you're 1100 make sure the order is against allocation now.
if there is allocation you should be 2000 in a few days.
Congrats!
Old 09-15-2013, 02:38 PM
surfnkd
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats!!!! Just wondering, how long were you on Mike's list before your turn to order came up?
Old 09-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Xfactors
Instructor

Originally Posted by surfnkd
Congrats!!!! Just wondering, how long were you on Mike's list before your turn to order came up?
April 15th, 2013. He got my $1000 refundable deposit on that day.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 123 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Old 09-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Rock2014
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You picked the right guy to order from. I've been working with him for about 2 years on my 2014 order. Think I'm getting mine next week!

Last edited by Rock2014; 09-15-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:04 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats...Mike is a great guy. Be prepared for the wait being like a kid waiting for xmas morning!
Old 09-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Eagle Ray 7
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!
Old 09-15-2013, 04:34 PM
AustinJohn
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Xfactors
MSRP w/DFC † : $64,535.00
Congrats from me too. One question: Is the DFC the same across the board or more with your drop ship? John
Old 09-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Xfactors
Instructor

Originally Posted by AustinJohn
Congrats from me too. One question: Is the DFC the same across the board or more with your drop ship? John
To my knowledge, it's the same. Car will go straight from plant, to Viva, as though Viva ordered the car. Mike Furman, and Criswell Chevrolet will never see the car, even though they ordered it.

I went to Viva Chevrolet last April, and told them I wanted to buy the C7 corvette. I had bought a new Camaro from them the previous Sept. (That's my Camaro in the photo at left.) Viva told me I was a good customer for them, and that they would get me the information on this car, and call me back. They told me, "Mr. Xfactors, we want to sell you this corvette." I told them, "Great." They never called me back, so I called Mike Furman.

Viva could have sold me the car, but they didn't call me back. So I'm buying it from Mike.

Last edited by Xfactors; 09-15-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,913 Likes on 1,358 Posts

To my knowledge, it's the same. Car will go straight from plant, to Viva, as though Viva ordered the car. Mike Furman, and Criswell Chevrolet will never see the car, even though they ordered it.
Usually, there is a Courtesy Delivery charge by the receiving dealer. I think you may also have to pay their Doc fee. Did they include that in the price?

Michael

Last edited by Michael A; 09-15-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Xfactors
Instructor

Originally Posted by Michael A
Usually, there is a Courtesy Delivery charge by the receiving dealer. I think you may also have to pay their Doc fee. Did they include that in the price?

Michael
I went to Viva, and the courtesy delivery fee is about $250. No, that wasn't included in the price.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:21 PM
AustinJohn
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to Viva Chevrolet last April, and told them I wanted to buy the C7 corvette. I had bought a new Camaro from them the previous Sept. Viva told me I was a good customer for them, and that they would get me the information on this car, and call me back. They told me, "Mr. Xfactors, we want to sell you this corvette." I told them, "Great." They never called me back, so I called Mike Furman.

Viva could have sold me the car, but they didn't call me back. So I'm buying it from Mike.
Thanks. Sounds like you found a good alternative. John
Old 09-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,913 Likes on 1,358 Posts

I went to Viva, and the courtesy delivery fee is about $250. No, that wasn't included in the price.
$250 is a decent price for the courtesy delivery. You may want to check with them regarding other charges such as doc fee. That can vary by dealer.

Michael
Old 09-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Xfactors
Instructor

I went to Viva Chevrolet last April, and told them I wanted to buy the C7 corvette. I had bought a new Camaro from them the previous Sept. (That's my Camaro in the photo at left.) Viva told me I was a good customer for them, and that they would get me the information on this car, and call me back. They told me, "Mr. Xfactors, we want to sell you this corvette." I told them, "Great." They never called me back, so I called Mike Furman.

I just wanted to add, that when I called Mike, his response was different from Viva's. He didn't say, "Well Mr. Xfactors, let me get some information on this car, and I'll call you back." He just said something to the effect of, "Yes, I'll sell you the car." We talked for awhile, and I decided to order the car from him. I think Viva wasn't prepared to sell C7 corvettes when I talk to them. Mike was prepared. Viva didn't seem to know what was going on with C7 corvettes when I talked to them. Mike didn't seem confused at all.

When I told Viva I wanted a 2LT model, one of the salesman responded with, "I don't know what a 2LT model is. You know more than me." I didn't have to explain to Mike what a 2LT model is. He already knows. He's been selling vettes for awhile.

Last edited by Xfactors; 09-15-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Ordered my new vette today from Mike Furman@Criswell

Quick Reply: Ordered my new vette today from Mike Furman@Criswell