Questions for people who have seen the C7 in person

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 09:17 PM
kellabyte
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for people who have seen the C7 in person

Hey all!

I think I finally caved. I checked all my finances and I can afford a C7 as my career has taken off and now I have the troubles of considering what options I want. I still want to do it without adding tons of additional costs from the base price though.

So there are a couple things I want to ask from the people who have seen the car in person because I can't decide or get a sense of certain things just from videos and pictures.

OMG the colour. I know this is super subjective but I am loving 4 colours right now and I keep flip flopping. The colours I like so far are Torch Red, Cyber Grey and Laguna Blue. For the people who have seen the car in person, did any of those surprise you when you saw it in person versus in all the pictures and videos? The laguna blue I'm having such a hard time with because I don't like it when it looks like a dark blue but I love it when the sun hits it and it looks like a candy blue almost. Laguna Blue is the front runner right now for me but then I'm confused what to do about the brake and seat colours. I love the red brakes and seats but I don't know if that will match with the laguna blue much. It doesn't look like they sell a blue seat and blue brakes right?

Going to 2LT is a stretch for me. If it had a ton of things I really wanted I could maybe talk myself into it but right now only the Kalahari interior I can think of is appealing if I went laguna blue because it would match better than red seats in a blue car (or has someone seen this and it looks okay?). I have a all black interior now and I'd like to have a two tone interior if possible. Has anyone seen the Kalahari interior? Would you consider it a big deal or meh?

I'm (gasp!) going to be driving it in the winter so I'm thinking of a Z51 coupe with the electronic differential for the snow.

So yeah people who have seen the car in person, please chime in with what things made good or bad impressions in person versus what you saw online beforehand.

I need some swaying to get off the damn fence and choose! :P
Old 09-10-2013, 09:22 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kellabyte
Hey all!
How close are you to an area where C7s will soon be appearing live and in person?
Old 09-10-2013, 09:23 PM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I haven't seen it in person but I think there are two blues. Laguna always looks the same, nice color. I also think the red with the red calipers would be nice with the Laguna blue.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:33 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

You might find this thread interesting. I think this example of a Cyber Gray 1LT is quite nice.

Last edited by -CM-; 09-10-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:34 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

LOL

Sorry, had to laugh. So far, I have switched from wanting a coupe to wanting a vert, and from Laguna Blue to Cyber Gray to CRM.

I am definitely waiting until I see all the colors in person.

I'd only do the blue with black or gray interior. CG with red (C6 is CG with black/red interior now).
I'm sure I'll change some more before I order one.

Good luck.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:35 PM
sting ya
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

do NOT do red interior with laugane blue !! Blue car with black or gray interior and ye;;ow calipers.
Red with red or black interior red calipers..
Old 09-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 972 Likes on 506 Posts
Tech Contributor

Just wait about 10-15 days - the first owners will be posting pics and their experience here...
Old 09-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Ozzy12
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume you are wanting as much bang for your buck appearance wise. I'd do Torch Red, black wheels and red brakes with 1LT Black interior. Only talking around $1,100 over base msrp and it will have as much pop as you are going to get.

I would have to heavily advise against the snow route, your problem won't be traction (may want winter tires) but ground clearance. The front fascia will turn into a plow. Then again, if you work a job where you can wait till the roads are cleared, then you'll be fine. I've got to go in sometimes when it's still coming down and you may have 6-8" on the roads, so that wouldn't fly for me.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,150 Posts

My opinion. I saw a cleaned Laguna Blue in bowling green and 2 slightly dirty ones out in the parking lot. With the small big of road grime on them it turned me off. Blue is an odd color, it really looks different is sun or clouds, clean an dirty.

Regarding driving in the snow save your self some money.... IMHO Z51 will do nothing to help you. I drive my C6 GS in the snow... make that light snow or melted snow. With the clearance of these cars heavy snow, say > 4 inches no way. Plus you will need snow tires if you are serious. The 20 in tires probably won't exist in a snow tire even the 19s might not. You probably will need to do to 18s.

Stock tires.... i.e. soft compound get hard sub 40 ish and again in my opinion are dangerous. I was in 2 degrees last winter and easily broke the tires in 4th gear getting on a freeway. Pretty scary. I only drive 6 miles to work so I take it easy.

You can't beat torch red!!! Although I ordered white.......
Old 09-10-2013, 09:41 PM
kellabyte
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by rcallen484
How close are you to an area where C7s will soon be appearing live and in person?
Probably not close.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:45 PM
kellabyte
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
My opinion. I saw a cleaned Laguna Blue in bowling green and 2 slightly dirty ones out in the parking lot. With the small big of road grime on them it turned me off. Blue is an odd color, it really looks different is sun or clouds, clean an dirty.

Regarding driving in the snow save your self some money.... IMHO Z51 will do nothing to help you. I drive my C6 GS in the snow... make that light snow or melted snow. With the clearance of these cars heavy snow, say > 4 inches no way. Plus you will need snow tires if you are serious. The 20 in tires probably won't exist in a snow tire even the 19s might not. You probably will need to do to 18s.

Stock tires.... i.e. soft compound get hard sub 40 ish and again in my opinion are dangerous. I was in 2 degrees last winter and easily broke the tires in 4th gear getting on a freeway. Pretty scary. I only drive 6 miles to work so I take it easy.

You can't beat torch red!!! Although I ordered white.......
Yeah where I live in Canada we are used to equipping proper snow tires so I'll do that too and probably buy the smaller rims that can fit the proper tires.

I'm told the electronic differential will help in the snow though.

Yeah, torch red with red seats and red brakes is the cheapest 2 tone colour scheme but I'm guessing there will be a lot of red ones out there. So you said the blue really looks dark in the cloudy weather huh? Hrm. That's what I was afraid of. It can be overcast here.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 PM
ZZR1200
Racer

Relax, you will be seeing the real thing in a couple of weeks and you can make a decision based on first-hand knowledge. You can order now, or in a month and won't get one for a great while anyway.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 PM
btorlv
Pro

Received 183 Likes on 93 Posts

Are the z51 rims a dark silver or a bright silver?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:48 PM
mfitzge5
Advanced

Laguna Blue is beautiful in person...in fact all the colors are. I would have picked LB but since this is my first Corvette, I went with a more traditional sports car color, Torch Red. I agree, do not get red interior with LB. The Kalahari might look okay with it, but I don't think I've seen that combination. They grey interior goes well with LB, but it's a light grey.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:01 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Kellabyte - Cyber Grey looks stealthy mean (that what I am getting). It perfect with the various flash painted vents and molding. The Kalahari is very European. Not for everyone...but I loved it. Would go 2Lt, not 3Lt. Good luck. PM me and I will send you some great shots I took.

Last edited by BPhillyc8; 09-11-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:07 AM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

This rendering of Laguna Blue is a bit dark, but it's what I've ordered. 2LT with Black/Red interior.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:23 AM
3musky3
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

maybe some of these pics might help. i like the mod red interior.
the white c7 with black wheels red calipers and mod red interior would be my choice. the blue pace carlooked real nice and it was raining out. pics from road america
Attached Images      

Get notified of new replies

To Questions for people who have seen the C7 in person

Old 09-11-2013, 03:55 AM
Stingray Sam
Pro

Received 258 Likes on 101 Posts

I recently saw the C7 in most colors. I'd considered Laguna Blue because of the bright color. But when I saw it in person on several different cars, the color seemed duller than portrayed in photos. I nixed it immediately. Torch Red is, IMO, a terrific color on the C7. The Cyber Gray is very nice in direct sunlight, but lacks "pop" in the shade or under clouds. Velocity Yellow is another great color, but I just keep thinking of the added cost in tickets. The color that surprised me the most in person was Arctic White. It looks washed out in most photos I've seen, but in person it looks amazingly good on the C7 body. I thought the crisp creases would be muted on AW, but they weren't.

Of your three choices, I think Torch Red is the best color on the C7. The ones I saw had the Adrenaline Red and Kalahari interiors (in 3LT) and both looked extremely good with TR.

Lastly, I think you are crazy if you don't get the Z51 package. IMHO it is the Deal of the Century when you look at what you get for $2,800.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:07 AM
Weasel
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

I never, ever, wanted a white one until I test drove one. Now I like them. Notice the green one pictured somewhere above me here? Fantastic too!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:56 AM
Redvette_22
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Seeing all the different colors at Corvettes @ Carlisle last month, my choice is the Laguna Blue over the Reds. The Night Race Blue & Lime Rock Green get very dark with overcast sky but don't look bad in sunlight. The Laguna Blue darkens a bit in the overcast, but still looks like a blue, in the sunlight however, it just "pops out" and is amazing. The CRM & Torch Red are both nice (having had both before in other Vettes) but don't hold a candle to the brilliance of the Laguna Blue.

Quick Reply: Questions for people who have seen the C7 in person