Museum Xperience

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 11:34 AM
repo czar
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts

Default Museum Xperience

If you did not get the Museum Delivery I want to recommend the Museum Xperience. I did this when I bought my 2011 Grand Sport. I wanted the Museum Delivery but the timing was wrong.
I contacted the Museum and registered for the Xperience at a more convenient time.
I got my new Corvette from my dealer. At the arranged date I drove it to Bowling Green and turned it over to the Museum. They professionally detailed my car and put it in a Delivery space in the Museum. While they did the detailing we got an individually guided tour of the Plant and the Museum. I even got to give birth to a new Corvette. Ron Barton was our Guide.
My friends and family watched the action on the Museum webcams.
The Museum says a date has not yet been announced for Xperience customers to begin taking Plant tours but they will start again.
It was a wonderful experience and am doing the Buyers Tour, Museum Delivery and Photo Album for my new C7 order number RDFJW8. I am still at production code 3000 but will wait until after September 30 for the tour to start again.
The Museum Xperience costs $500 and is worth every penny.

Last edited by repo czar; 09-08-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Add information
Old 09-08-2013, 12:45 PM
bs0604
Cruising

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default what is museum delivery?

New to the forum and to Corvettes. I am thinking or ordering a C7. What does museum delivery mean? Do you still order and negotiate through a dealer or through some other mechanism?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:54 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by bs0604
New to the forum and to Corvettes. I am thinking or ordering a C7. What does museum delivery mean? Do you still order and negotiate through a dealer or through some other mechanism?
You order the car through any dealer and pick it up at the National Corvette Museum instead of at the dealer. Museum Delivery is an option that must be selected at the time of placing the order (just like any other option); the RPO code is R8C and M.S.R.P. is $990. Here's a link to additional information: http://www.corvettemuseum.org/ncm_delivery/index.shtml
Old 09-08-2013, 12:56 PM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by repo czar
If you did not get the Museum Delivery I want to recommend the Museum Xperience. I did this when I bought my 2011 Grand Sport. I wanted the Museum Delivery but the timing was wrong.
I contacted the Museum and registered for the Xperience at a more convenient time.
I got my new Corvette from my dealer. At the arranged date I drove it to Bowling Green and turned it over to the Museum. They professionally detailed my car and put it in a Delivery space in the Museum. While they did the detailing we got an individually guided tour of the Plant and the Museum. I even got to give birth to a new Corvette. Ron Barton was our Guide.
My friends and family watched the action on the Museum webcams.
The Museum says a date has not yet been announced for Xperience customers to begin taking Plant tours but they will start again.
It was a wonderful experience and am doing the Buyers Tour, Museum Delivery and Photo Album for my new C7 order number RDFJW8. I am still at production code 3000 but will wait until after September 30 for the tour to start again.
I'm doing my first museum delivery (this is my 3rd Corvette), and I can't wait. Mine should roll off the line tomorrow so I am getting really close. Can't wait for that call from Lori.

Get notified of new replies

To Museum Xperience

Quick Reply: Museum Xperience