Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Corvette - Yes, it Really is That Good

Old 09-05-2013, 01:55 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by Buhma
LOL well then WickedFRC show us how it's done? Go ahead and put up a video review...YouTube is free.
Even if I could, I can assure you I wouldn't use any words such as "whips" to describe an automobile.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:57 AM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
Even if I could, I can assure you I wouldn't use any words such as "whips" to describe an automobile.
So Cal slang?
Old 09-05-2013, 01:58 AM
RichieRich
Melting Slicks

Received 121 Likes on 59 Posts

This review is classic. Matt Farah also does The Smoking Tire podcast which is a bunch of completely immature and foul mouthed car nuts batering for an hour or so at a time about all things cars. He can be a bit too obnoxious at times, but as you can see from the vid, he knows his stuff and can be quite entertaining and insightful.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Garret
THis cracks me up...guys drives a car for what...a few hours and it's the best thing since sliced bread...come on...this guy gets paid by sponsors...

I love the C7's....but I'm tired of all the reviews these guys put out after a short drive.
While I don't disagree... I also think what he's saying about the C7 is pretty genuine.

Jeremy Clarkson "reviews" are much more made up hogwash. He'll try to make a negative or positive spin and then completely disprove it with the opposite. He'll say a Ferrari is great and then complain that a special color thread costs $400 -- stuff like that.

This review just really seems to get the meat of the matter -- why buy one instead of a C6 that's maybe 20 grand less.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:49 AM
Blancpain
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
That's cool...but you still use "wicked" LOL

I'm just saying....everyone uses different slang.

Besides...this review is coming from a Corvette guy...not your typical auto rag writer or presenter who doesn't even care about Vettes In general.

Last edited by Blancpain; 09-05-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:50 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

THis cracks me up...guys drives a car for what...a few hours and it's the best thing since sliced bread...come on...this guy gets paid by sponsors...

I love the C7's....but I'm tired of all the reviews these guys put out after a short drive.
Garret do you not know who this guy is? Have you seen any of his other reviews that he's done? He's driven more sports cars than you probably ever will.

If you're tired of all the reviews, why are you even in this section?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:33 AM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by jamesw95
I would not mind a review without the "mandatory burnout", we are adults here, who needs to see that waste of expensive rubber. Thank you I'm out!
This is for anyone who thinks it's a bad idea to do lots of burnouts on a press launch. It's just a reply to a Jalop commenter, but I felt worth re-posting because there seem to be a lot of people who think you shouldn't abuse a press car. From Jalop:

holy **** you ****ing whiner. You act like a pre-production C7 Vette is something special; something worth saving, like a Bugatti Atlantic or a McLaren F1. No matter what I do to this car in this video, whether I launch it, drift it, run it to its top speed, do reverse J-turns, or straight up take a **** on the dashboard, the outcome will be the same: the car will die at the hands of the crusher in the next six months. The Clutch isn't worth saving. The transmission isn't worth saving. The engine, the rear differential, the brakes, the axles, the body panels, and last but not least, the tires, are not worth saving. These are pre-production cars. They have no VIN number and cannot be sold or registered for street use. Manufacturers won't even sell them to people like me for project cars or track duty. They are crusher food; marketing budget write-offs for which this stupid three-minute video will bring WAY more than the value of an un-sellable Corvette to GM.

You need to understand something, sir, loud and clear. If you were to hand me the keys to your personal vehicle, be it a pickup truck, a rolls royce, or a ****ing beater corolla, I would treat that vehicle better than if it were my own. I have the utmost resect for cars and the people who choose to lend them to me. Those people, and indeed yourself, probably care very much about their cars. GM does not care about these Corvettes, and especially not these clutches and tires. These cars, all 20+ of them at the launch, are a marketing write off.

The best thing I could do for GM, the people whose hard earned dollars and hours went into this car, is to roast the **** out of these tires at every opportunity; to beat the **** out of it, and show what it can do and how it can make people smile. The C7 Corvette is amazing, and I owe it to those people to ****ing romp on it on the press launch, get it on video and share it with you.

And if you feel sympathy for the car, I understand why, but don't waste your time, because it's got less than six months to live anyway. Better I smoke the **** out of those tires than someone from the "wheels" section of your local shitrag crawls around Pebble Beach for an hour before complaining that it doesn't come with a dual-clutch.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:08 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Old 09-05-2013, 09:24 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D
This is for anyone who thinks it's a bad idea to do lots of burnouts on a press launch. It's just a reply to a Jalop commenter, but I felt worth re-posting because there seem to be a lot of people who think you shouldn't abuse a press car. From Jalop:

holy **** you ****ing whiner. You act like a pre-production C7 Vette is something special; something worth saving, like a Bugatti Atlantic or a McLaren F1. No matter what I do to this car in this video, whether I launch it, drift it, run it to its top speed, do reverse J-turns, or straight up take a **** on the dashboard, the outcome will be the same: the car will die at the hands of the crusher in the next six months. The Clutch isn't worth saving. The transmission isn't worth saving. The engine, the rear differential, the brakes, the axles, the body panels, and last but not least, the tires, are not worth saving. These are pre-production cars. They have no VIN number and cannot be sold or registered for street use. Manufacturers won't even sell them to people like me for project cars or track duty. They are crusher food; marketing budget write-offs for which this stupid three-minute video will bring WAY more than the value of an un-sellable Corvette to GM.

You need to understand something, sir, loud and clear. If you were to hand me the keys to your personal vehicle, be it a pickup truck, a rolls royce, or a ****ing beater corolla, I would treat that vehicle better than if it were my own. I have the utmost resect for cars and the people who choose to lend them to me. Those people, and indeed yourself, probably care very much about their cars. GM does not care about these Corvettes, and especially not these clutches and tires. These cars, all 20+ of them at the launch, are a marketing write off.

The best thing I could do for GM, the people whose hard earned dollars and hours went into this car, is to roast the **** out of these tires at every opportunity; to beat the **** out of it, and show what it can do and how it can make people smile. The C7 Corvette is amazing, and I owe it to those people to ****ing romp on it on the press launch, get it on video and share it with you.

And if you feel sympathy for the car, I understand why, but don't waste your time, because it's got less than six months to live anyway. Better I smoke the **** out of those tires than someone from the "wheels" section of your local shitrag crawls around Pebble Beach for an hour before complaining that it doesn't come with a dual-clutch.
I totally agree. If any car should be beat to death, it is the press review car. It will be rebuilt/repaired/reconfigured as a future mule/yada, yada, so who cares?.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 971 Likes on 457 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Garret do you not know who this guy is? Have you seen any of his other reviews that he's done? He's driven more sports cars than you probably ever will.

If you're tired of all the reviews, why are you even in this section?
I have seen his reviews and who gives a crap how many cars he drives...I know he drives everything...that still does not mean he is not FOS. This guy has a job like everyone else...he gets paid....and I can tell you...even if he does not like it...money can make him say he does.

I'm here for REAL information...not these lame a$$ review videos everyone keeps posting...that is why I comment on this crap... If you don't like it...well tough...I'm here to stay..
Old 09-05-2013, 09:39 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have seen his reviews and who gives a crap how many cars he drives...I know he drives everything...that still does not mean he is not FOS. This guy has a job like everyone else...he gets paid....and I can tell you...even if he does not like it...money can make him say he does.

I'm here for REAL information...not these lame a$$ review videos everyone keeps posting...that is why I comment on this crap... If you don't like it...well tough...I'm here to stay..
Which reviewers DON'T get paid...like everyone else? Which is your favorite review so far from someone who receives no money that could influence them?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:42 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 678 Likes on 269 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Real info?

enjoy your C6 You are a and a baby, yes, ALL the mag reviews, car and driver, road and track, motor trend, auto week, they are all paid off and wrong enjoy your C6
Old 09-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

You're right, third party reviewers' opinions don't mean anything.

S.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 971 Likes on 457 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by AVETTE
enjoy your C6 You are a and a baby, yes, ALL the mag reviews, car and driver, road and track, motor trend, auto week, they are all paid off and wrong enjoy your C6
LOL...dude...grow up... you are just the opposite of the c6 trolls...you think because you are "getting" a C7 you are better than others and I'm a troll because I made a statement about videos...
Old 09-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Blancpain
Pro

LOL...dude...grow up... you are just the opposite of the c6 trolls...you think because you are "getting" a C7 you are better than others and I'm a troll because I made a statement about videos...
You missed the part about being a crybaby......

I kid.... I kid....
Old 09-05-2013, 10:14 AM
C7 101 car
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vette Lag
He was right, the C6 was an evolution of the C5. The C5 was the first all new Corvette since the 1953 model.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:19 AM
fredl11
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice Vid

I've had a C4.C5 and C6 and ENJOY/ENJOYED them all. C7 is next

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Corvette - Yes, it Really is That Good

Old 09-05-2013, 10:20 AM
wishihad1-2
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Lag
He was right, the C6 was an evolution of the C5. The C5 was the first all new Corvette since the 1953 model.
I guess it depends on the definitions of all new. If we demand a new transmission and engine then yeah I guess the '97 car was all new and the C1 as well. However, I would think more along the lines of was the chassis new or dirvative. The C2 chassis was certainly all new even if they probably carried over an engine and/or trasmissions (I don't know all the different engines of that time).

The C3 was a derivative of the C2 chassis in perhaps the same was the C6 was a derivative of the C5. The C4 was certainly not a derivative chassis of any other generation. I would argue it was a bigger change from the C3 to the C4 than the C6 to C7 when we look at the chassis design. But for the first year the (or was it the first two) the C4 used a C3 motor and well all the Gen 2 motors could be considered 'not all new'.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:22 AM
LesNessman
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having driven one......

I find it difficult to even imagine that anyone will be disappointed with this car. I have been finding it difficult, not being a very good speaker or writer, to know where to begin when describing the car. It is that good. IMHO

I have also driven ZR1, 2013 427, Callaway 2013 427, GS, Z06, Boxster, 911.........

2014 Sting Ray is a phenomenon!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
this car is definitely growing on me, I'm glad mine is in the works all I have to do is find some winter rims and tires because there's no way I can let it sit in my driveway for 5 bloody months.
You can always move.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 Corvette - Yes, it Really is That Good