Car and driver showing c7 z06/7

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 06:05 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by Wass
GM isn't making this claim, it's simply not true.
On the first part GM folks have said the 7 is close to the old Z on a road course. I agree that doesn't mean equivalent, but I think that's what some folks are referencing.

They haven't said boo about any new Z.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:08 AM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,299 Likes on 1,972 Posts

The only reason I see them significantly increasing the entry price of the Z06 replacement is because of CAFE. I have my fingers crossed that it's not the case, as $90-95k out the door is my absolute max.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 AM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
On the first part GM folks have said the 7 is close to the old Z on a road course. I agree that doesn't mean equivalent, but I think that's what some folks are referencing.

They haven't said boo about any new Z.
Exactly, GM hasn't said a word about the next Hi-Po model,yet the power of the internet "rumors" has 99% of people convinced that it will be shown at the next Detroit Auto Show.

BTW,the last 3 pages of this thread are hilarious....Bill Clinton would most certainly approve.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by redzone
Exactly, GM hasn't said a word about the next Hi-Po model,yet the power of the internet "rumors" has 99% of people convinced that it will be shown at the next Detroit Auto Show.

BTW,the last 3 pages of this thread are hilarious....Bill Clinton would most certainly approve.
They didn't say anything about the C6 Z06 but we knew it was coming because of the wide fender prototypes running around.

Same thing this time around.

The timing is iffy but again, I think people are following the timeline the C6 had.

A GM exec dropped some hints on the C7 already being tested with more power in an interview awhile ago. Forgot where it is though.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:06 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Yeah, I think it's coming. The engineering team just isn't openly/publicly releasing any details yet. That isn't surprising as they're just ramping up the base. I do hope they follow the same timeline they did with the C6, as that would have it unveiled early next year and available next fall.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:51 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badzeeeeee
Phat is where it's at bro .
True Dat.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:23 PM
NevadaZ06
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is all so funny, a time warp. I haven't cruised this site much since I was buying my
06 Z06. It's like the moderators just changed the dates. Even down to the rare base model buyer criticizing those waiting for the Z06 and what was then being referred to as, the Blue Devil, the super secret project no one knew was true or not. Same Chevy playing heavy on early release of pictures. I recall several times pics put up in the am were gone by evening. Same price debates. Same large dealers offering msrp, same small dealers gouging tens of thousand$$. The same group waiting for the next generation with the mid engine layout.
There is some speculation that with biomedical technology advances humans will live much longer. So who knows, maybe the younger guys on here might see a mid engine vette.
In any event I feel a decade younger just reading these posts.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:28 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NevadaZ06
This is all so funny, a time warp. I haven't cruised this site much since I was buying my
06 Z06. It's like the moderators just changed the dates. Even down to the rare base model buyer criticizing those waiting for the Z06 and what was then being referred to as, the Blue Devil, the super secret project no one knew was true or not. Same Chevy playing heavy on early release of pictures. I recall several times pics put up in the am were gone by evening. Same price debates. Same large dealers offering msrp, same small dealers gouging tens of thousand$$. The same group waiting for the next generation with the mid engine layout.
There is some speculation that with biomedical technology advances humans will live much longer. So who knows, maybe the younger guys on here might see a mid engine vette.
In any event I feel a decade younger just reading these posts.
THAT is VERY interesting in view of what eventually arrived:

Quick Reply: Car and driver showing c7 z06/7