Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Race Blue, too dark?

Old 09-01-2013, 10:08 AM
DRDR
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Night Race Blue, too dark?

Ordered my C7 in NRB with Kalahari, haven't seen either in person and dealer doesn't have anything for me to see colors in person. Question is can you make out that its a blue at night or only in daylight. Looks almost black in most photos I see. Also any lovers or haters of this combo and why?
Old 09-01-2013, 10:13 AM
blasdellcpa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the combination!
Old 09-01-2013, 10:20 AM
theDRisin
Intermediate

I have the same combo on order, and also have not seen it.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:35 AM
yellowray
Instructor

YOU and only you should like the color or you may wish you got it forever.

It's not going to "pop" like the rare synergy green Camaro. That green was too much for most (and me), but I find most 2014 Vett colors boring and too reserved.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:38 AM
MRCOUPE5
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Default NRB Coupe / Kalahari

I have the same Combo on order
NRB / KALAHARI HIDES
2LT
NPP
I was out at Laguna two weeks ago and
I can assure you this combination will
have you happy as you can be . At night
and on a cloudy it is dark , but in the sun
light the metallic jumps out of the paint ..
Lot of Vetters are going to be disapointed
with the Brownstone . It is too dark to my
liking ... I am presently at 3400 bought from
Rick Conti in Columbus , Ohio .. Hoping
to be built this week .. Vette Ed
Email me and I will send you photos that I
took .. edkasper@att.net
Old 09-01-2013, 10:40 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,429 Likes on 2,268 Posts

I've got my choices narrowed to NRB or TR.

If you go in the C6 section you can find alot of nice pics of NRB.

It's a great color, IMO. I've seen lots of pics of it as well as C6 vettes in person painted that color. It's similar to cyber grey in the sense that it really changes due to whether its viewed in bright light or cloudy conditions etc.

NRB with Kalahari would be very sharp. If they don't ever paint the lower rear fascia body color or something other than black, then I'm getting NRB.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:40 AM
H101
Pro

I think it is a great combo... and mine is at status 3400 :-)

Actually, my dealer has a NRB 2013 Grand Sport sitting out front and I think it loos terrific in all lighting conditions... but then I've always had black cars, so this is a big change for me.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:09 AM
TX-OU812
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't order NRB, LRG or Black because I live in Texas. It's just too hot for 6 months at a time. Dark cars soak up the Texas sun very quickly. Also, darker cars show dust sooooooo quickly. That said, all 3 are beautiful.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:18 AM
66dreams
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have ordered NRB with Kalahari. I originally was going to get Cyber Grey but when I saw the two side by side on a dealer lot I decided on NRB. CG looked positively boring by comparison. Yes NRB is dark but the highlights glow a cold steel blue. Absolutely stunning. CG is also very dark in the real world. Most CG photos that look lighter are under omnidirectional convention center lighting. It does not look that way in sunlight. It looks good but it's well... grey.

I have also seen the NRB/Kalahari combo in real life just not on the Vette. They are doing some Camaros and 2014 Impalas in that combo. Looks stunning and sophisticated.

Check out local dealer inventory online and if they have any go see them in person. NRB is called Blue Ray on Camaros and Impalas.

Good luck!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:25 AM
DRDR
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

This helps a lot, thanks everyone
Old 09-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I was seriously thinking of NRB but I too was afraid it would be too dark and with no option to see one in person I played it safe and went with CRT instead.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:02 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I've seen NRB in person and in all types of light. It's very dark and tough to tell from black except in bright sunlight. It's up to you to decide whether or not that's a good thing. For me, it's not.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:05 PM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I've seen it in person at 3 different events in varying light conditions. Yes, it is very dark and it takes a bit to see the blue in it. If you're looking for a color that pops, this is not it. If you're looking for understated, it is. To me, it is more of a luxury car color as opposed to a sports car color. But that's why they make 10 different colors. Opinions are like ... well, you know the rest.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,066 Likes on 591 Posts

It is very dark and on a cloudy day just looks like a very blue black....but, in the sun and with a good wax, it pops! I for one like it plus my dealer said most of his orders have been Laguna Blue, Cyber Gray and TR so it will be different. Here's a couple of pictures that'll show what I mean...

Old 09-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by DRDR
Ordered my C7 in NRB with Kalahari, haven't seen either in person and dealer doesn't have anything for me to see colors in person. Question is can you make out that its a blue at night or only in daylight. Looks almost black in most photos I see. Also any lovers or haters of this combo and why?
I've seen the car in the flesh with your combination. Best choice. It's what I would order.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:25 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I've seen NRB in person and in all types of light. It's very dark and tough to tell from black except in bright sunlight. It's up to you to decide whether or not that's a good thing. For me, it's not.
I was seriously considering NRB with the blue top & red interior, but there's a Camaro in my neighborhood in that color. When I saw it close up I realized it was too dark for my taste. Looks black most of the time and shows every spec of dirt.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:32 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

That is the color I am ordering next year and the only decision change I made based upon photos is to go with 2LT + nav instead of 3LT. I just don't care for the two tone dash look so black interior would have been the only 3LT option for me.

Color is something best seen in person and under varying light conditions unless it is some really standard color like black or white. Color and color combination only need to please the buyer - and perhaps a spouse

Several years ago a colleague came within seconds of buying a truly horrible color of pickup. He is the quick shopping type and was just about to sign the papers when he stepped outside, without his sunglasses on, to get some stuff out of his car. That was the first time he saw the truck without his blue blocker style sun glasses and that ended that transaction promptly when he saw the actual paint shade.

Get notified of new replies

To Night Race Blue, too dark?

Old 09-01-2013, 12:36 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

NRB does not photograph well.

I only saw it in person three weeks ago on a C6 in the showroom.

I think it looks much better in person than the photos show. Much bluer than the photos show.

It should be a very nice combination on the C7.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Fast Carl
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an order in @ 3000 NRB kalahari,Z-51 magnetic ride. Have seen the color outside and it really pops. Hope it comes soon, museum delivery.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 PM
C7GrandSport
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
It is very dark and on a cloudy day just looks like a very blue black....but, in the sun and with a good wax, it pops! I for one like it plus my dealer said most of his orders have been Laguna Blue, Cyber Gray and TR so it will be different. Here's a couple of pictures that'll show what I mean...

I'm not sure these pictures are the best representation of the true color. Makes it look grayer somehow. The following was taken under intense lights at the NY Auto Show. This is about as light as it ever looks. Normally it looks darker.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Night Race Blue, too dark?