Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
Trolls will keep trolling...Waste of time.
These seven words sum it up perfectly, notwithstanding everything that was in between them.
S.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:50 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
I suspect many of us are getting tired of your constant remark that C7 haters are C6 buyers with remorse. That is so much crap. That remark can be applied to the owner of any car that is critical of the C7. The real issue is one that has been stated previously. There is no track record of reliability for the C7 and there won't be until people start owning it. Every generation of Corvette has had issues and some even carried into future generations. GM saying that the C7 is totally new with 2 carryover parts may even be problematic. At least some of the old parts in the C5 and C6 were tried and true. The design of the C7 may be a homerun for both styling and content but as any engineer will tell you its in the execution of the design that will determine its long term quality and realiability. That is the number one reason why I will not consider the 2014 model. Its almost guaranteed that changes will be made to the 2015 model due to issues that surface during the 2014 production run.
Although I hope there's no major problems with the C7, it's sure possible with all that new technology something will pop up. I cant count how many things I purchases with the latest and greatest technology over the years form lawn mowers, appliances, computers, electronics, only to realize they were plagued with problems.

BTW I would love a CRM C7.........
Old 08-25-2013, 08:58 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Although I hope there's no major problems with the C7, it's sure possible with all that new technology something will pop up. I cant count how many things I purchases with the latest and greatest technology over the years form lawn mowers, appliances, computers, electronics, only to realize they were plagued with problems.

BTW I would love a CRM C7.........
I agree with you about the CRM. The pictures posted by BPhillyc7 yesterday from Carlisle showing that color were stunning.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:58 AM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
I think a lot of it is ones attitude in life. If you are a positive person or one looking for problems. I have noticed that folks who buy extended warranties for instance have more problems with stuff then those who figure life is good and live it to the max.

But perhaps someone on here can predict the future. I think but could be a child that life can change in an instant. Based on that who of us can wait for any car to be "perfected"?? I say go out and buy it and enjoy it!!!!

If you feel that negative towards GM and Corvette then buy something else. It's that simple, lot to chose from. Nothing is guaranteed and those that are downers........ man their lives must be really miserable.

There are forum members who this week will suffer some tragedy, and for them waiting will not be an option.

So buy it drive it and enjoy it!!!! Being blinded is a good thing sometimes. Means you have a positive attitude and can make lemonade out of lemonade!!!!!! Enjoy the day!!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:20 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

So the reviews so far are good...and...so...

What is the value of this?

First, it is the first real feedback we have from people outside of the GM payroll. These are people that drive cars and report that experinece for a living. Some are better than others, and of course their writing will probably have some bias, as well as some influence from their own higher ups. Keeping that in mind while watching and reading, I pick up some genuine enthusiasm from the reviewers, this is great news.

But, the doubters have some valid points as well. These reviews were done under the watchful eye of GM, set up by GM, and of course in an environment best suited to show what the car does well, and more importantly, diminish what it doesn't do well, whatever that may be.

Of course an hour in the car isn't going to show if there are any 'global' problems coming around the corner. Is it possible? Sure it is, but, with exception of that high pressure fuel pump leaking fuel onto those hot exhaust manifolds, anything else is fixable.

The good news is that some of you now have actual cars, with actual vin #'s, just waiting to be loaded up on the truck and brought to you. Can't wait to hear what you have to say.

And for those that ordered Blk/ Z51/ 2LT w HUD/ Manual, with ebony or kalahari, I'll be wathching the for sale section in a couple of years, so take good care of her.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:53 AM
tomzarbo
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Yes. Once again, imagine what the naysayers would do with a bad review!

O.T. I'm sure he's happy, but man, I'd hate to be at the bottom of that pile.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
I suspect many of us are getting tired of your constant remark that C7 haters are C6 buyers with remorse. That is so much crap. That remark can be applied to the owner of any car that is critical of the C7. The real issue is one that has been stated previously. There is no track record of reliability for the C7 and there won't be until people start owning it. Every generation of Corvette has had issues and some even carried into future generations. GM saying that the C7 is totally new with 2 carryover parts may even be problematic. At least some of the old parts in the C5 and C6 were tried and true. The design of the C7 may be a homerun for both styling and content but as any engineer will tell you its in the execution of the design that will determine its long term quality and realiability. That is the number one reason why I will not consider the 2014 model. Its almost guaranteed that changes will be made to the 2015 model due to issues that surface during the 2014 production run.
Only a few apparently don't live in Fantasyland. Your statement is perfectly understandable, realistic and with truth!

The supporters will come back with nonsensical rhetoric that really only amounts to showing their inability to converse on what is a place we all come to converse! Really sad.

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Simply stated w/out hatred or conflict.

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses
So the reviews so far are good...and...so...

What is the value of this?

First, it is the first real feedback we have from people outside of the GM payroll. These are people that drive cars and report that experinece for a living. Some are better than others, and of course their writing will probably have some bias, as well as some influence from their own higher ups. Keeping that in mind while watching and reading, I pick up some genuine enthusiasm from the reviewers, this is great news.

But, the doubters have some valid points as well. These reviews were done under the watchful eye of GM, set up by GM, and of course in an environment best suited to show what the car does well, and more importantly, diminish what it doesn't do well, whatever that may be.

Of course an hour in the car isn't going to show if there are any 'global' problems coming around the corner. Is it possible? Sure it is, but, with exception of that high pressure fuel pump leaking fuel onto those hot exhaust manifolds, anything else is fixable.

The good news is that some of you now have actual cars, with actual vin #'s, just waiting to be loaded up on the truck and brought to you. Can't wait to hear what you have to say.

And for those that ordered Blk/ Z51/ 2LT w HUD/ Manual, with ebony or kalahari, I'll be wathching the for sale section in a couple of years, so take good care of her.
Another well written comment. It is baffling to me as to why some just can't grasp the simple concept that you state.

I too look forward what the owners will have to say, it is my worry though that they have dug in so deep defending the car that there honesty will be skewed.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Blancpain
Pro

Originally Posted by Bill17601
A friend of mine called me and said he could fix me up with Cindy Crawford. I said "is that the chick with the mole?" He said"yes".
I said"forget it"....
Damn you guys ARE old! Cindy Crawford? Isn't she from last century?

Now Kate Upton on the other hand....
Old 08-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Blancpain
Pro

Originally Posted by Racer X
I don't know if they are intelligent. They may be, or not. I would say they are persistent.

I am not a big fan of the new Porsche 911. However, I have no desire to go over to a Porsche forum and talk about how it is not a great car; or how I don't like the way the back end looks (or front for that matter).

I think the quality of the C3 Corvettes leaves much to be desired. And the performance of the early 80's cars is terrible. I have spent no time telling all of the people that like those cars how bad I think their cars are. Or post on and on and on and on about the faults they might get, just in case they don't know.
I think it is clear what these hater's agendas are. In real life they have no one to talk to that will let then get away with rude/negative comments or with their obsessive behavior so they come here too get trants off their chest.

I don't mind so much, but it does get tiresome. So I'm glad that most of them have said their piece and have gone.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

They'll keep moving the goal posts. First it was the styling, then it was the tailights, then it was the "skinny" tires, then it was the AFM, then it was direct injection, then it was AWD and DCT, then it was the power numbers, then it was the weight, and now what are we on? Brand cache and reliability? As if the C7 is going to spontaneously combust at 10K.

It'll never stop.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:14 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by Kappa
They'll keep moving the goal posts. First it was the styling, then it was the tailights, then it was the "skinny" tires, then it was the AFM, then it was direct injection, then it was AWD and DCT, then it was the power numbers, then it was the weight, and now what are we on? Brand cache and reliability? As if the C7 is going to spontaneously combust at 10K.

It'll never stop.
Exactly.....
Old 08-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
Exactly.....
Look through threads from 5-6 months ago and its the same clowns shouting the same type of crap over and over. It's incredible. Thankfully a few of them got banned.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

It'll never stop.
I have started to look at it this way: They might just dislike C7's, maybe Chevy, maybe GM or maybe all cars in general. Whatever their reasons, they do not seem like very happy people. How many of them complain about lots of things? They feel good when they are complaining. So, be grateful you are not like them.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Glenmcp
I have started to look at it this way: They might just dislike C7's, maybe Chevy, maybe GM or maybe all cars in general. Whatever their reasons, they do not seem like very happy people. How many of them complain about lots of things? They feel good when they are complaining. So, be grateful you are not like them.
Yeah I guess.

It seems like some of them think that there is some giant conspiracy behind the C7 since it was introduced. Like GM couldn't possibly deliver a car that did what they said it was going to do even though they bought C5's and C6's from the same company with the same engineers. Some posters really believe deep down that GM is conning them into buying this car by trumping its improvements over the C6 which was underpinned by a platform that first saw the light of day its basic form in 1996. If I were GM I'd be proud of this car just like they were with every new Corvette generation.

But whatever...its going to be fun once they hit the street and the hi-po models start coming down the line as well.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:21 PM
SkyTopp
Instructor

Originally Posted by Racer X
Please provide an authoritative cite that the 2004 XLR was based on the C6 platform. All the sources I have found so far say it was based on the C5 platform, in spite of a wheel base that is the same as the C6.
Because it was and is based off of the C6. Click the link below and learn something!

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/2000-2008-cadillac6.htm
Old 08-25-2013, 12:30 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by SkyTopp
Because it was and is based off of the C6. Click the link below and learn something!

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/2000-2008-cadillac6.htm
Or not:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_XLR
Not everyone agrees with YOUR link.

Now for a guess. I DO think the electrical architecture of the C6 was the same as the XLR, which led to the fun filled "shift to reverse" "feature" of the 2005 manual C6's (which lead to DBS).

Jimmy
Old 08-25-2013, 12:31 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

It'll never stop.
Indeed it won't.

Get notified of new replies

To Naysayers chased away by positive reviews

Old 08-25-2013, 12:34 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by Buhma
Damn you guys ARE old! Cindy Crawford? Isn't she from last century?

Now Kate Upton on the other hand....
We are OLD.
And the august Ms. Crawford is still, as my dad used to say: "Strong as a sack of hammers"

Kate Upton works also! (Car and Driver even referenced Ms. Upton on the cover with the C7 convertible a few months ago)

Jimmy
Old 08-25-2013, 01:03 PM
SkyTopp
Instructor

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Or not:

Cadillac XLR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not everyone agrees with YOUR link.

Now for a guess. I DO think the electrical architecture of the C6 was the same as the XLR, which led to the fun filled "shift to reverse" "feature" of the 2005 manual C6's (which lead to DBS).

Jimmy
That information is dead wrong. Just the exhaust configuration will tell the tale. The XLR has the same muffler configuration as C6 not C5
Old 08-25-2013, 01:20 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Quick Reply: Naysayers chased away by positive reviews