Old 08-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Well, since you didn't read my posts:

I had a 2005 C6 convertible (which doesn't count in YOUR world because the XLR was already out...never mind that the XLR shared a FRAME with the C6 but had a different transmission/brakes/wheels/tires/interior/exterior/etc)

I had a 1998 C5 convertible (again, doesn't count, I guess, because the coupe was released in 1997).

I will have (hopefully) a C7 convertible around January or February 2014....DOES THAT COUNT?

And you....well, you'll be pulling for all your fellow Corvette lovers C7's to be problematic so you can go to the top of Mount Olympus, pound your chest and proclaim: "I TOLD YOU SO". What a proud day for you.

Jimmy
Isn't SkyTopp a member that's back under a different name (for the third time)? He was offering to get people factory "tours" from people he knows in BG and got called out for posting pics that matched those from a previously banned account.
S.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:51 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Originally Posted by TX-OU812

I don't care what the nay sayers b##ch about. It's up to them if they choose to not like the C7. As for me, I am pretty amped up. Like most of you, I can't wait to receive my C7 Laguna Blue Z51
loving the C7.

It's nice to see new members on board with the new one as well. Good sign for the Corvette world.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess most of you would believe a chick is good in bed just b/c a stranger/s said she is.

I would much rather find out for myself, and frankly even if she was good it doesn't mean she's not a bitch in the morning. Hope the analogy is clear.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:07 PM
HBJG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Why are you sorry to say it?

Have you seen how many 2005 Corvette owners on CF have said that they haven't had any problems with their car after all this time?
Well, common problems were the clutch packs, "flying roof," premature water pump failures and that darn harmonic balancer, just to name a few. Now they were all fixed under warranty and mine is an 06 with 80K+ miles.
From what I've read, the majority of the complaints have been about the rear end, not the performance of the vehicle. Personally, I don't care about the taillights but the diffuser is something I wrestle with. As far as all of the rave reviews are concerned, it's really making that diffuser less of an eyesore, especially if the car is ordered in a darker color.
However, the more I see the photos, the less it bothers me because quite frankly, that Z51 package along with MRSC, NPP and 1LT is going to make one sweet ride for the street but like most others here, I'm going to wait for 2nd or 3rd year run and am anxiously waiting for the release of the Hi-Perf variants as well as that "gosh-darn" configurator!!!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:15 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
I guess most of you would believe a chick is good in bed just b/c a stranger/s said she is.

I would much rather find out for myself, and frankly even if she was good it doesn't mean she's not a bitch in the morning. Hope the analogy is clear.
I get the analogy, although it's a little defeatist. "Had sex with a woman, had a great time, sure hope she isn't a bitch". Wow, that's one way of smashing those rose colored glasses.

What you don't get is that, at 56 years old, I don't base buying decisions on ANY reviews. I use reviews for what they should be used for....a guide, PERIOD. The Nissan GT-R has gotten it's fair share of GREAT reviews, but it's a car I never CONSIDERED for reasons that are mine. And the ENTIRE point of my original post was that the reviews have chased a good deal of the negative posts (and posters) out of here. Nothing more, OK? Jeez....

Some of you guys could go on a date with Cindy Crawford and then complain about the mole.

Jimmy
Old 08-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Only took 9 minutes.

BD427, to avoid future disagreements, please define now what represents "problematic or unreliable". 2 issues that affect 10%? 3 recalls? What precisely?
I believe you hit the next problem. Any and all problems no matter how big or small will be labeled as epic failures or massive recalls by the anti C7 types. Let's decide now to ignore them.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:25 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Dan,
I was not trying to start a fire, and I'm surprised you took it that way. As far as "owner" reports, well, there are PLENTY of C6 owners who have NO issues with the interior quality or the seats. Are they wrong? Not at all, it's their car, they're happy, end of story. I respectfully disagree with them, but that's MY opinion (having owned 2 C6's). Early C6's had their share of problems (I had a 2005 C6), did that diminish the "success" quotient for me....NO....since I subsequently bought a 2008 C6. If your definition of "success" is a trouble free car, then, yes, we will have to wait and see. But, that is YOUR definition of "success", others (including me) don't share your opinion. My definition of "success" goes beyond some ****ling issues (DBS, etc), I look at the overall pleasure the car brings to ME. In MY world, my 2 C6's were amazingly SUCCESSFULL cars!

Jimmy

PS. The point of my thread was that the positive reviews HAVE curtailed the hourly bitch/negative sessions that got locked after their 2nd hour.
Well said and well done! Also I think the same nay Sayers may also have been warned. But I absolutely agree with you, all the positive press is very chilling to those few who want and need to disparage the new C7. Must be tough on their ego's. Any generation of Corvette C1-C6 have a lot of fans, and rightfully so.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Oh come on guys, I have said in numerous other posts that the C6 cars are nine years in and they still have QC problems, why would the C7 be any different?

You know if some of you would simply admit that there will be teething issues it could turn into a conversation as opposed to a conflict or a ridicule.

I don't want to see you who are getting the car be dealing with headaches but it will go with the territory. Maybe a more productive discussion would be what may be problematic on the new car, like the infotainment or AFM.

Going out for a while, enjoy your dinners!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:26 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

I get the analogy, although it's a little defeatist. "Had sex with a woman, had a great time, sure hope she isn't a bitch". Wow, that's one way of smashing those rose colored glasses.

What you don't get is that, at 56 years old, I don't base buying decisions on ANY reviews. I use reviews for what they should be used for....a guide, PERIOD. The Nissan GT-R has gotten it's fair share of GREAT reviews, but it's a car I never CONSIDERED for reasons that are mine. And the ENTIRE point of my original post was that the reviews have chased a good deal of the negative posts (and posters) out of here. Nothing more, OK? Jeez....

Some of you guys could go on a date with Cindy Crawford and then complain about the mole.

Jimmy
Old 08-24-2013, 06:38 PM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Oh come on guys, I have said in numerous other posts that the C6 cars are nine years in and they still have QC problems, why would the C7 be any different?

You know if some of you would simply admit that there will be teething issues it could turn into a conversation as opposed to a conflict or a ridicule.

I don't want to see you who are getting the car be dealing with headaches but it will go with the territory. Maybe a more productive discussion would be what may be problematic on the new car, like the infotainment or AFM.

I agree, but why do some have to be so occupied with the possibility of a problem? While on the way to buy a TV, stove, microwave or lamp should we be worried that it will catch fire, blow up or need constant service. Products break the C7 might have problems, but let's not wish it or be paranoid about it.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

So what are we saying??
Cindy is no good in bed??
Who did that review???

I'm so confused...........
Old 08-24-2013, 06:57 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Glenmcp
I agree, but why do some have to be so occupied with the possibility of a problem? While on the way to buy a TV, stove, microwave or lamp should we be worried that it will catch fire, blow up or need constant service. Products break the C7 might have problems, but let's not wish it or be paranoid about it.
The issue is, or can be, dealing with the Chevy dealer. When your TV, stove, microwave or lamp catches fire etc., most of those stores have good replacement policies, bring the old one in, get a new one, at least during the warranty period. Doesn't work that way with cars so the analogy breaks down, at least for me.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:59 PM
SkyTopp
Instructor

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Why are you sorry to say it?

Have you seen how many 2005 Corvette owners on CF have said that they haven't had any problems with their car after all this time?
I know and thats because the 2005 Corvette was already in its second year as the new Y platform platform. Read what I said above please.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:59 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by SkyTopp
Don't count on it I'm sorry to say. The C6 Corvette when introduced in 2005 was already out on the road in customers hands as the 2004 Cadillac XLR. Cadillac had a full year to de bug the platform before the first C6 ever ventured down the assembly line. Your 2006 was the third year that platform was in use and usually by the third year GM finally nails them down. You really can't compare C6 to C7 first year reliability because the XLR was really the first year pilot car for the 2005 Corvette.
That may be true but my 05 had first year problems, as did many. And those problems have been well documented. The transition from XLR to the C6 lost something in transition.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Fore58
Safety Car

Received 598 Likes on 453 Posts

I guess we just have to wait for some Lemons
Old 08-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

There's always one Debbie Downer in the group.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:09 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

I hear ya Big Dan ....
I had significant problems C5 & C6 along with thousand of others likewise.
Hopefully C7 will be better.

Last edited by User 2623; 08-24-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Naysayers chased away by positive reviews

Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Blancpain
Pro

I for one, already admitted there will probably be problems like other cars have issues. I understand your wait and see approach, but why the wet blanket towards people genuinely exited about the car? Do you still want everyone raving about a 9 year old design?

The C6 was Da best (especially the 427!) No other Corvette looked or performed better. There ya go, pal.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I get the analogy,.

Jimmy
A friend of mine called me and said he could fix me up with Cindy Crawford. I said "is that the chick with the mole?" He said"yes".
I said"forget it"....
Old 08-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,981 Likes on 1,141 Posts

What we need is a C8 section so those who have such a negative attitude towards life and enjoy bulling folks who are looking forward to their new car can go over to that section and take their nasties with them.

Me I'm just enjoying my 13 GS which has been flawless and will expect the same with the C7. My C5 was the same.

These cars are great quality. Sure there are problems with all models but for my money I've been very pleased with all my American cars. The foreign cars that have slipped in here and there are great too but way to much to maintain and fix.

Quick Reply: Naysayers chased away by positive reviews