Sponsored by:

Carlisle C7

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:38 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Carlisle C7

Just sat in Tom Hills car during set up day at Carlisle. The C7 is simply Amazing!!! We are all in for a treat. 10x better than I expected. 6'2" and I fit great!!! No worries at all, plenty of headroom even with the top on!!!.

Carbon Fiber FAY interior is a must!!! It looks amazing in person, pictures do not do it justice. Very stylish and not the zig zaggy way it appears in photos. I am so glad I ordered it.

Silver painted wheels look much better than anticipated.

Kalahari is pretty awesome...I was worried about it being too orange but its not. It is real upscale. I actually preferred the middle trim package better than the top of the line (too much Kalahari IMO, if that makes sense).

Standard Seats are perfect. Very comfortable. Tom said the competition seats will have a higher side bolster and not be nearly as comfortable for daily driving. There will be one car tomorrow with them, but you will not be able to sit in that one.

They are expecting 20 cars here by tomorrow morning. 13 at the Stingray Tent. 7 scattered around the fairground.

Tom said the car handled extremely well in a very bad rain storm last night. He said he was very impressed.

Upgraded Bose sound system sounds great. Excellent clarity and bass response. Better than my Harmon Karden system in my Benz!

Someone posted on a thread earlier how they thought the paddle shifters felt cheap. I disagree, they are fine. They are plastic but they feel substantial. They also feel better than my Benz (notice a trend here). Ha.

It was confirmed that the automatic transmission has received slightly faster 0-60 speeds than the manual.

The roof is very lightweight and can be easily handled by one person. I held it, and it's no problem at all. Fits very snug in the hatch with about a foot of storage space between the back of the seat and the stored roof.

Secret stash compartment behind Nav screen is deeper than I thought. Perfect for phone, wallet, glasses...all at once.

Upgraded exhaust tips seem bigger in person. Very impressive. The rumble between tour mode and sport mode is substantial.

Blind spots are there. No way around it. Tom said the way to overcome it is to accelerate past everyone. Ha. He did say you get used to it. And, after sitting in it I can understand that.

Electronic parking brake is cool. It is dummy proof and will disengage if you start driving with it engaged.

Nav system shows Dopler Radar for weather. How cool is that!

Big news!!! He said the line is rolling!!! Mr Hendricks car rolled off already. They are taking there time. Doing about 20 cars right now. They will build speed as they go. He said if all the QC holds work out that some cars may ship in 3 weeks or so. Key word is "may". They are taking there time on the ramp up. Kudos to them.

Also, Chevy is doing test drives of various cars here. They are NOT letting people drive the C7, so don't head here with that being you soul motive. Sorry.

Big thanks to Tom for making himself available on this "set up" day. He was was very informative and a huge help. His patience should be commended as he was operating solo with all the throngs of people around. It was a great day for me as it reinforced my decision to buy this car sight unseen. Sometimes I actually make good decisions. Go Figure!

Last edited by BPhillyc8; 08-24-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Additional Pictures
Old 08-22-2013, 02:50 PM
zipcode
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BPhillyc7
Big news!!! He said the line is rolling!!! Mr Hendricks car rolled off already. They are taking there time. Doing about 20 cars right now. They will build speed as they go. He said if all QC holds work out that some cars may ship in 3 weeks or so. Key word is "may". They are taking there time on the ramp up. Kudos to them.
awesome if true! guess we'll know for sure once the first customer cars start appearing in the parking lot
Old 08-22-2013, 02:51 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Just sat in Tom Hills car. It is Amazing!!! We are all in for a treat. 10x better than I expected. 6'2" and I fit great!!! No worries at all, plenty of headroom even with the top on!!!.

Carbon Fiber FAY interior is a must!!! It looks amazing in person, pictures do not do it justice.

Silver painted wheels look much better than anticipated.

Kalahari is in awesome...was worried about it being to orange, it's real upscale.

They are expecting 20 cars here by tomorrow morning. 13 at the Stingray Tent. 7 scattered around the fairground.

Tom said the car handled extremely well in a very bad rain storm last night. Said he was very impressed.

Upgraded Bose sound system sounds great. Excellent clarity and bass response. Better than my Harmon Karden system in my Benz!

Big news!!! He said the line is rolling!!! Mr Hendricks car rolled off already. They are taking there time. Doing about 20 cars right now. They will build speed as they go. He said if all QC holds work out that some cars may ship in 3 weeks or so. Key word is "may". They are taking there time on the ramp up. Kudos to them.

Will post pictures tonight from the hotel. Woo-Hoo.
The Silver painted wheels do look very good. They are very bright and reflect sunlight very good.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:53 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

I got the news first hand from a very credible source . This is not here-say. They are just holding things close to the vest right now. You have to respect that. Cheers.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:29 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Glad you got what you were after.

Tom is a great guy and if able, tells it like it is.

Maybe folks will believe your description of the audio system. I've been telling people for months that not only is it a significant upgrade over the existing audio in the Corvette, but it stacks up pretty damn well against any OEM automotive sound system.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:33 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great news BPhillyc7!! Thanks for the info and I look forward to your pics.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

Brian, thanks for the descriptive post. But if you can using your phone, could you shoot some detailed photos of the Kalahari interior and post them. I would most appreciative . While you're poking around, is there a Torch Red with Kalahari ??? That's what I have ordered with black wheels & red calipers.
Thanks
Old 08-22-2013, 03:44 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dyammmm - that car just pops off the screen!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:49 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

We have all seen Kalahairi pictures that are too light, too dark and/or too orange. Here's the two that are most color tone accurate to me (having seen that interior standing next to it.).

Old 08-22-2013, 03:50 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by talon90
Glad you got what you were after.

Tom is a great guy and if able, tells it like it is.

Maybe folks will believe your description of the audio system. I've been telling people for months that not only is it a significant upgrade over the existing audio in the Corvette, but it stacks up pretty damn well against any OEM automotive sound system.
Thanks Paul. I was very impressed with the audio system. I am in the entertainment / audio / video business...so I know a good system when I hear it. Very nice.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:52 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Brian, thanks for the descriptive post. But if you can using your phone, could you shoot some detailed photos of the Kalahari interior and post them. I would most appreciative . While you're poking around, is there a Torch Red with Kalahari ??? That's what I have ordered with black wheels & red calipers.
Thanks
Will do. iPhone battery is going south. Will post pictures tonight. Thanks. There getting ready to unload a Velocity Yellow now .
Old 08-22-2013, 03:57 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Thanks for the update - in for more pics!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Mardis Gras
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Nice post and thanks for taking the time.

Can't wait to see the pics
Old 08-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

So exciting to read your post Brian!! Was on the fence for FAY but I think I'll pick it up now...

BTW if there is a AW vert with red interior out there I'll trade you one of my kidneys for a few pics...
Old 08-22-2013, 05:14 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Zee51Vert
So exciting to read your post Brian!! Was on the fence for FAY but I think I'll pick it up now...

BTW if there is a AW vert with red interior out there I'll trade you one of my kidneys for a few pics...
Me too!

Old 08-22-2013, 05:30 PM
RickDI
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am headed to Carlisle tomorrow morning and I can't wait! This will be my first time.

Any advice for parking with a non-corvette?
Old 08-22-2013, 05:31 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Between that and CRM..... tough choice.

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Dyammmm - that car just pops off the screen!

Get notified of new replies

To Carlisle C7

Old 08-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

:

To my knowledge there are no AW Vert Z51 pictures. I have been looking everywhere... I hope the OP can pull this off for me!!!

Last edited by Zee51Vert; 08-22-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:25 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RickDI
I am headed to Carlisle tomorrow morning and I can't wait! This will be my first time.

Any advice for parking with a non-corvette?
Lot 5 next to gate 3 (if I remember correctly) was very easy today. Get there early. I'm showing up at 6:30 - 7:00am. Have fun. See you at the C7 display.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:27 PM
RickDI
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lot 5 next to gate 3 (if I remember correctly) was very easy today. Get there early. I'm showing up at 6:30 - 7:00am. Have fun. See you at the C7 display.
Thanks! I am hoping to get there before 7am too.

Quick Reply: Carlisle C7