C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Delivery Dates Pushed Back.....

Old 07-31-2013, 04:48 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Default C7 Delivery Dates Pushed Back.....

Now don't flame me, I am coming here to get the correct answer. I understand through some GM folks that I met earlier today the C7 Delivery dates have been pushed back due to some more work on the engines at higher altitudes. Several mules are actually running up and down the Blue Ridge Parkways here in Virginia this week trying to get final tweeks on the engines, so things are not going exactly as they expected and have pushed back some delivery dates to later September. Has anybody heard about this, or is it just gossip?
Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Heard this also last week in AZ. Something about the Cylinder deactivation function test in elevation. AFM is a bitch to get perfect
Old 07-31-2013, 04:56 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

This weeks "Automotive News" shows Bowling Green Plant down till September. No date, just the month.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:10 PM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Has the engine already been CAFE certified? How can they still be tweaking?
Old 07-31-2013, 05:14 PM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 123 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Old 07-31-2013, 05:20 PM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

Interesting.....that's why they test !! Its looking more and more like engineering was not completed on the original schedule - not surprising given all the new technology these cars incorporate. The more bells and whistles, the more regression testing they require so that they don't have extensive recall and warranty issues later on.

Not sure why they couldn't still build the cars now and then push the new S/W into the EEC before customer delivery.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:28 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by dcbingaman
Not sure why they couldn't still build the cars now and then push the new S/W into the EEC before customer delivery.

Strange the truck engines with AFM seem to be working good, yes cars could still be produced and S/W pushed. As many here state, wheather right or wrong, there is a 2 to 3 week QC hold on cars (I do not know if thats true or not never offically stated from GM) so they could do it then - Who Knows?????
Old 07-31-2013, 05:29 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by EBVette
Now don't flame me, I am coming here to get the correct answer. I understand through some GM folks that I met earlier today the C7 Delivery dates have been pushed back due to some more work on the engines at higher altitudes. Several mules are actually running up and down the Blue Ridge Parkways here in Virginia this week trying to get final tweeks on the engines, so things are not going exactly as they expected and have pushed back some delivery dates to later September. Has anybody heard about this, or is it just gossip?

I can not speak as to whether the information is accurate, gossip or other - and I will not join in pure conjecture.

Not a bust on the OP - but I must submit that I do not like any Thread that uses sources like "some GM folks I met" or anything along those lines. If someone provided info, they say who. If their identity is a secret than don't bring them into the story to begin with. It doesn't add any credibility and often has the opposite effect in stirring doubt - imho.

One of the worst habits people have is saying - "I'm gonna tell you something but you have to promise to not tell anyone else" . . . . . If that big a secret that I can't tell, then don't tell me !!!!

Old 07-31-2013, 06:23 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
One of the worst habits people have is saying - "I'm gonna tell you something but you have to promise to not tell anyone else" . . . . . If that big a secret that I can't tell, then don't tell me !!!!

So you do know where Ox is!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:42 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
So you do know where Ox is!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:55 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

I can not speak as to whether the information is accurate, gossip or other - and I will not join in pure conjecture.

Not a bust on the OP - but I must submit that I do not like any Thread that uses sources like "some GM folks I met" or anything along those lines. If someone provided info, they say who. If their identity is a secret than don't bring them into the story to begin with. It doesn't add any credibility and often has the opposite effect in stirring doubt - imho.

Look, I understand where you are coming from, and I do not post such items without a base. I have been on the forum for MANY years, and I will not say who the folks are. I will tell you this, the do NOT work on the Corvette or Chevrolet Division, they work somewhere else in GM.

The point was not to spread panic, but to see if anybody else with much better inside info that I have heard about this.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:12 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks OP. This is how we learn in this world we are cast into by GM. Whats wrong with a weekly update by GM giving us the progress. Instead we are sent to wonder and hear rumors and gossip. A weekly progress and a reliable tracking method would be all we true corvette believers would need. Insteed we have to rely on great people like GM'er and talon to provide info. Hell give those two guys half the amount they waste on customer service and let them fly.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I understand the reason for your initial post as well-trying to confirm some things you've heard. As an anxious C7 buyer I am wondering what seems to be the delay in startup? If the post re the plant being closed until September is true, then there certainly seems to be an issue of some sort holding things up. I'm willing to wait until they get it right if there is additional testing, etc. required to deliver a trouble free (or at least few problems) vehicle. Hopefully someone (GM?) can provide some real information and end all the speculation.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:18 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Note to self, michaelinmech can't keep a secret.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:07 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jschindler
Note to self, michaelinmech can't keep a secret.

Oh yes I can't . . . . .
Old 07-31-2013, 08:51 PM
u00mem9
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you only want to hear 'on the record' info, you're going to be a month late on every news item. Not a realistic stance. Thanks to the OP.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by u00mem9
If you only want to hear 'on the record' info, you're going to be a month late on every news item. Not a realistic stance. Thanks to the OP.
Conversely if you're gonna run with source-less gossip, hearsay and conjecture, you're going to be wrong a lot of the time. I have Fox News to fill that void . . . . .

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Delivery Dates Pushed Back.....

Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Maybe I just should have said, "Is it true the delivery dates will be delayed an unspecified amount of time due to some final engineering issues that GM is concerned about?"

How would that fly, so we can focus more on the substance of what I am asking rather than where and who I heard this from?

So can we focus more on the issue of; is there a delay to delivery?

FYI...Yes GM would serve itself much better if it just had a site to let people know what it going on, and it would stop all this foolishness of rumors, and I have a friend who, or like I did, I was talking too.

My point of this whole post was to find out the status of production/delivery.

Thank you...
Old 07-31-2013, 10:17 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Conversely if you're gonna run with source-less gossip, hearsay and conjecture, you're going to be wrong a lot of the time. I have Fox News to fill that void . . . . .
If we stopped all unsubstantiated internet rumors and gossip there would be about three threads a day on the forum, and they all would be "what color should I buy", "which wheels should I get" and "which interior would you get with night race blue".
Old 07-31-2013, 10:20 PM
CitationZ06@yahoo
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They can still build the car then update the computer with highalt1.1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 Delivery Dates Pushed Back.....