Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another dealer to avoid

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Why don't we vilify the people who pay these outrageous markups?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by -CM-
That's actually not a bad point. If everyone said "no", the price would drop immediately.

Those who are smart and will shop around will never pay over. Those who are not so smart with their money will just throw it out the open targa roof when they get it.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:35 AM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
I used to get really pissed at dealers that charge over list. But I don't let it get to me anymore. It is what it is because people will pay it. I have a very good friend who paid $10,000 over list for a Z06 in 06. He still has the car and laughs about it. As he says, he got his moneys worth because he had the car for nearly a year before he could have bought the car at list. What most folks don't get is that the dealer did people like him a favor. He never missed the $10,000, but he would have missed not having a Z06 for a year.

Besides, I've never seen anyone get pissed at dealers for selling below list when the supply and demand flip-flops.
[QUOTE=Greg00Coupe;1584674018]So true.......so true.

BUT I got a deal significantly under MSRP. I've referred several folks to the dealer in Ohio......not sure what his allocation status is these days.......he only sold 11 Vettes last year....... I know 2 folks who have ordered and know 4 cars are spoken for.

PM me and I will fire ya the contact info. He's not a supporting vendor here.

Yea you can go under MSRP....if ya shop.!!![/QUOTE]

To jschindler: Sure there are those who have money to burn and cool for your friend that he doesn't care. But he is not the norm. If your friend is interested in a C7 for well over MSRP, just tell him about all the dealers that have been posted in this forum.. Im sure they will be happy to help him out.

To Greg00Coupe: I'll PM you on the dealer name, but I have decided to wait for the A8 Vert to come out. No need to waste money on old technology just in case GM releases it in the 2015 model. However, I am now writing down the names of those under MSRP to give my first shot for business too. I bolded your comment about under MSRP for a reason. Been thinking about this. There are more and more posts on this forums and others about dealers under MSRP which is actually true I have found out. Not one of the forum sales people dealers who post a lot here mind ya doing it.... It was like they were doing all of us a "favor" for only charging at MSRP. The C7's will be massed produced according to GM.. I'm not going to line a dealership, sales guy and tax man with free cash..
Old 08-15-2013, 08:02 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

[QUOTE=Wildmanht;1584675181]
Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
So true.......so true.

BUT I got a deal significantly under MSRP. I've referred several folks to the dealer in Ohio......not sure what his allocation status is these days.......he only sold 11 Vettes last year....... I know 2 folks who have ordered and know 4 cars are spoken for.

PM me and I will fire ya the contact info. He's not a supporting vendor here.

Yea you can go under MSRP....if ya shop.!!![/QUOTE]

To jschindler: Sure there are those who have money to burn and cool for your friend that he doesn't care. But he is not the norm. If your friend is interested in a C7 for well over MSRP, just tell him about all the dealers that have been posted in this forum.. Im sure they will be happy to help him out.

To Greg00Coupe: I'll PM you on the dealer name, but I have decided to wait for the A8 Vert to come out. No need to waste money on old technology just in case GM releases it in the 2015 model. However, I am now writing down the names of those under MSRP to give my first shot for business too. I bolded your comment about under MSRP for a reason. Been thinking about this. There are more and more posts on this forums and others about dealers under MSRP which is actually true I have found out. Not one of the forum sales people dealers who post a lot here mind ya doing it.... It was like they were doing all of us a "favor" for only charging at MSRP. The C7's will be massed produced according to GM.. I'm not going to line a dealership, sales guy and tax man with free cash..
None of us needed references to dealers who would sell the cars at or below MSRP (but I do appreciate what you are doing). The point is that when he bought his Z06 there was not a dealer in the U.S. that had an allocation for one in less than six months which is why he paid so much over list.

I think it's okay to post who is and who isn't. I'm just saying that I no longer judge dealers for life if they do. I don't like it either, and I'm fortunate that I deal directly with the owner of a dealer I have bought 17 vehicles from and he treats me very well.

I'm just aiming my comments at people who are all bent out of shape and say they'll never deal with that dealer again. Maybe they are scumbags. But then again, maybe they are not but are just responding to supply and demand. By itself its no reason to have all this hate for them. It's just business and people are taking it personally.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:04 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Originally Posted by -CM-
Why is anyone being vilified? Everyone has choices. Heck, if anyone is at fault why not blame GM for not building enough vehicles to satisfy demand? Remember that nasty supply and demand curve? That's what drives the ability to charge above list, and why the car will sell below list before long.

I'm not delusional btw. I don't think I'll sway very many opinions by stating the facts
Old 08-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another dumb dealer thread. Maybe the dummies are the ones paying MSRP and the dealers are laughing all the way to the bank with around 8-9k per car. An establishment can ask what they want for their product, no different than one contractor being 10% less than another on a 50k job. When will these stupid threads ever stop?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:03 AM
manic mike
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

AutoNation is a huge national franchisor. Many of their stores are reputable and do a fine business. However, there is at lease one out there that is dishonest and that one cost me some money. Fortunately, it was not a Chevrolet store.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Crossofiron
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Agreed

Originally Posted by Wildmanht
We should just start a thread dedicated to just listing dealers who are confirmed as charging over MSRP and with terms like non refundable deposits ect... Power of the People!!! lol

And yes, we all know the dealer can charge whatever they want and that has been discussed over and over. Heck, even media outlets have jumped on the band wagon and reporting over MSRP pricing. And it goes without saying, if the buyer doesn't like the price they don't have to buy from said dealership who are charging over MSRP.

Personally, I am keeping note of dealers that have been reported here in So Cal. My business will never go to them for any car purchases or service. Who knows, maybe they will gouge me on Service costs as well. Also, if comes up in a conversation with any my friends or customers I will share with them names of the dealerships and they can make their own decision.

to the dealers who are selling at below or even at MSRP.
How shortsighted can a business be. Let's list the offenders and not buy anything from them!
Old 08-15-2013, 03:14 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
Van?
Or Sands?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:45 PM
SkyTopp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was stupid enough to buy a first year Corvette in 1997 my dealer gave me her Only c5 she had allocated for $5K OFF MSRP. Can you imagine? I Sold that car the next year for more than I paid for it to a used Corvette dealer because it was a lemon and ordered another one from her again the only 1998 she was getting for another $5K off. God Bless you Carla!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

It is a dumb thread as a topic in and of itself...(dealers charging what they want.) it's MY point that a dealership that's going to make an effort to hose you, will make an effort to hose you again and again and again. Stay clear.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:37 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Mike O'Daniel
It is a dumb thread as a topic in and of itself...(dealers charging what they want.) it's MY point that a dealership that's going to make an effort to hose you, will make an effort to hose you again and again and again. Stay clear.
I think it depends. To me if they are up front about it and not trying to pull a fast one, it's not hosing you. If you go into one grocery store and buy see a loaf of bread for $3.00, and another store is selling the same loaf of bread for $3.20 do you go on a forum and suggest that that grocery store is trying to hose you and nobody should ever buy from them again?
Old 08-16-2013, 12:22 AM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

[QUOTE=jschindler;1584676087]
Originally Posted by Wildmanht

None of us needed references to dealers who would sell the cars at or below MSRP (but I do appreciate what you are doing). The point is that when he bought his Z06 there was not a dealer in the U.S. that had an allocation for one in less than six months which is why he paid so much over list.

I remember those days very well Jim. It was also the time frame that "certain" Atlanta dealer pushed people with deposits down the list to sell their Z06's at MSRP+.

I know it took me almost a year to get my first one at MSRP. And I was darn glad to get it.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

[QUOTE=redzone;1584683578]
Originally Posted by jschindler

I remember those days very well Jim. It was also the time frame that "certain" Atlanta dealer pushed people with deposits down the list to sell their Z06's at MSRP+.

I know it took me almost a year to get my first one at MSRP. And I was darn glad to get it.
Redzone, you are making it look like I quoted that with your edit.. jschindler was the one who said it not me...
Old 08-16-2013, 07:29 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by blasdellcpa
Had a similair situation at Paddock Chevy in Buffalo, NY who wanted a $5000.00 non-refundable deposit and get the car next spring. This is in spite of the fact I previously purchased 3 vettes from them but not #4!
I'm sure Duane was laughing all the way to the bank in his new Lamborghini
Old 08-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,090 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by speedlink

Or Sands?
Jeeese ... Is Sands Chevrolet still around?

When I was a kid and living in Phoenix, my dad bought a brand new 1962 Impala from Sands Chevrolet. It was out on Grand Avenue (pretty close to Glendale) if I remember correctly.

A long long time ago!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:47 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA
Jeeese ... Is Sands Chevrolet still around?

When I was a kid and living in Phoenix, my dad bought a brand new 1962 Impala from Sands Chevrolet. It was out on Grand Avenue (pretty close to Glendale) if I remember correctly.

A long long time ago!
I think they are. Seems like I passed by them a few months ago. To be honest, don't remember seeing any advertisements for awhile. I really don't pay attention. The name just popped into my head. I will try to look them up.
Here you gohttp://www.sandsglendale.com/

Last edited by speedlink; 08-16-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To another dealer to avoid

Old 08-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Mike O'Daniel
Pro

Originally Posted by speedlink
I think they are. Seems like I passed by them a few months ago. To be honest, don't remember seeing any advertisements for awhile. I really don't pay attention. The name just popped into my head. I will try to look them up.
Here you gohttp://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=sand%20chevrolet&source =web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CE8QFjAA&url=http %3A%2F%2Fwww.sandschevrolet.com%2F&ei=Rb oOUq_zB8TAyAGx_YBQ&usg=AFQjCNEM9F7EIyn5p 2PbORQGi1Tt3iAEjQ&bvm=bv.50768961,d.aWc
They have two. The old one on Grand and a newer dealership out in Surprise.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:53 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mike O'Daniel
They have two. The old one on Grand and a newer dealership out in Surprise.
Right you are. Just looked them up. Thanks
Old 08-16-2013, 07:59 PM
SHM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Or do what I did. Wait until the car is into it's 7th or 8th model year when they're about ready to get out the next generation, and get the best and most updated version of that generation. And get it for close to what the msrp was on the first year version. Actually, I got very lucky. I had no idea I was going to do that well on mine when I pulled the trigger...

Quick Reply: another dealer to avoid