Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default 2014 CORVETTE PREMIERE - Additional Information Announced Aug 7 2013

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ON 2014 CORVETTE PREMIERE

What is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?

The 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition is a celebration of the return of the
Stingray. The Edition is a fully contented 3LT coupe or convertible model with the
available Z51 Performance Package and select dealer-installed Genuine Corvette
Accessories. The Premiere Edition coupe will be equipped with the seven speed
manual transmission, while the convertible models will be equipped with six speed
automatic transmission. All premiere editions will also feature a unique VIN ending
sequence and a special numbered interior plaque. Approximately 500 coupes and 500
convertibles will be produced for U.S., Mexico and Canadian markets.

What is the purpose of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
The vision for the Premiere Edition was to provide a highly contented 2014 Corvette
Stingray that features a number of the available dealer installed accessories pieces.
This limited production run of approximately 500 coupes and 500 convertibles will
appeal to Corvette enthusiasts looking for a more exclusive Corvette Stingray.

Which dealerships will be eligible to receive and sell the 2014 Corvette Stingray
Premiere Edition?
The 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition will be available to all Chevrolet dealers
eligible for initial allocation of 2014 Corvette Stingray.
From Tuesday, September 3, through Friday, September 20, eligible dealers can visit
GMPrograminfo.com to indicate whether they desire a Premiere Edition, and if the
dealer prefers the Premiere Edition in a coupe or convertible. A selection however does
not guarantee award of the desired model.
Once all selections are received, Chevrolet will review the selections and assign the
units based on dealer’s Corvette retail sales from January 2012 through August 2013.
The more retail Corvette sales, the higher the likelihood a request will be honored.
The dealer will be notified of their selection prior to shipment. The Premiere Edition
coupes are expected to be shipped by end of December 2013, while the convertibles
are scheduled to be shipped by the end of February 2014.

What is the price of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
Pricing will be announced in the near future. Remember, the Premiere Edition is based
on a fully contented model. It is expected the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price will
exceed $75,000.

Will the Premiere Edition count towards a dealer’s 2014 Corvette Stingray
Estimated Guide Number?
No. The unit is in addition to the guide number previously provided to the dealer.
Are there any sales restrictions on the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
Chevrolet suggests the dealer retain this unit for display purposes; however, it is the
dealer’s discretion on when to sell the unit. Chevrolet will not be paying any demo
allowance on this edition.

I cannot find the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition in the ordering
information. How does the dealer submit an order?
The Premiere Edition is not ordered by the dealer; thus ordering information will not
appear in the Dealer Order Guide or any of the configurators. The units are assigned to
the dealers. As such, the Premiere Edition is not eligible for sold orders or National
Corvette Museum delivery.

What features will be included on the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition
coupe?
The Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition coupe (3LT with Z51 Performance Package) will
feature the following content, including custom Corvette Stingray luggage:
Exterior
�� Laguna Blue Metallic Tintcoat Exterior
�� Visible Carbon Fiber Roof Panel
�� Torque Style Chrome Wheels
�� Carbon Flash Hood Stinger Stripe
�� Stingray Logo Wheel Center Caps
Interior
�� Brownstone Sueded Microfiber Interior with Sueded Microfiber Seat Inserts
�� Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
�� Sueded Microfiber Upper Interior Trim
�� Floor Mats with Stingray Logo
�� Sill Plates with Stingray Logo
�� Cargo Shade with Stingray Logo
�� Special Stingray Premiere Edition Numbered Interior Plaque
�� Custom 5-piece Corvette Stingray Luggage Set
Performance
�� Seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Match
�� Z51 Performance Package
�� Magnetic Ride Control
�� Performance Variable Tuned Exhaust System

convertible?
The Premiere Edition convertible will be equipped similarly to the coupe except the
convertibles will not be equipped with the Carbon Fiber Interior trim, and all convertible
models will be equipped with the six speed automatic transmission. The exterior,
interior and top colors will be revealed in the near future.

When will the Premiere Edition arrive in dealerships?
The Premiere Edition coupes are expected to arrive by end of December 2013, while
the convertibles are expected to arrive by end of February 2014.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:34 PM
SampsonJ177
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like an awesome ride. Interesting that they won't be available until December indicating they will not be built before those of us currently at or above 3000.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:38 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SampsonJ177
Looks like an awesome ride. Interesting that they won't be available until December indicating they will not be built before those of us currently at or above 3000.
Good! The sooner my car gets built.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:14 PM
RxCritical
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

This is interesting as Harlen told us during the reveal that the Premier editions would be the FIRST 500 built.
I kinda liked the idea of them practicing on those before building mine.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 PM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RxCritical
This is interesting as Harlen told us during the reveal that the Premier editions would be the FIRST 500 built.
Ha. That's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:05 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Default til

Originally Posted by RxCritical
They have aleady practiced with 200+CTFs its now time for real cars. I guess they could practice for the 1000 PEs but then we wouldn't see a car till Dec based on PE release as of yesterday.

Last edited by BRCC; 08-08-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:44 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Thanks for the new information Ken.

The plan has changed since June 28th when Harlan unveiled the first 2 Premier Editions, #300001 and #300002, at the NCM. The total build was stated as 500 cars, no mention of a convertible. At that time Harlan stated that 300001 would be a rare car, the only 7-speed manual. The remaining 499 would be automatics. That has apparently changed and now 499 of the coupes will now be manual; #300002 will now be the rare one, the only automatic coupe...AND, now with the convertible version added there will be twice as many Premier Editions as originally announced

Last edited by ZL-1; 08-09-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:30 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,071 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

The premier edition were supposed to be built for the dealers to have on showroom
floor so all could see. Now it's changed for December..... WTF
Old 08-09-2013, 07:31 AM
0-60B4U
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad Chevrolet didn't come forth with this info before they revealed the Premier Edition. It sure would have saved a lot of angst on this forum!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:48 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by ZL-1
Thanks for the new information Ken.

The plan has changed since June 28th when Harlan unveiled the first 2 Premier Editions, #300001 and #300002, at the NCM. The total build was stated as 500 cars, no mention of a convertible. At that time Harlan stated that 300001 would be a rare car, the only 7-speed manual. The remaining 499 would be automatics. That has apparently changed and now 499 of the coupes will now be manual; #300002 will now be the rare one, the only automatic coupe...AND, now with the convertible version added there will be twice as many Premier Editions as originally announced

I hope there is a market for 1000 very expensive Stingrays in blue with brown interiors ..

convertible?
The Premiere Edition convertible will be equipped similarly to the coupe except the
convertibles will not be equipped with the Carbon Fiber Interior trim, and all convertible
models will be equipped with the six speed automatic transmission. The exterior,
Old 08-09-2013, 08:31 AM
GoldenRod
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
convertible?
It's the one Corvette that will answer the question, "Are you from out of town?" "Why yes, didn't you see my luggage?"
Old 08-09-2013, 08:51 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
convertible?
You're right, I missed that. So only 500 PE's in Laguna blue / Brownstone, the coupes. I'll edit. Anxious to see the vert color combo.

Last edited by ZL-1; 08-09-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

My observations:

1) I agree with this comment: "Too bad Chevrolet didn't come forth with this info before they revealed the Premier Edition. It sure would have saved a lot of angst on this forum!"
I will add: It would have been nice if Chevrolet dealerships were notified of the special edition and it's unveiling! Our phone was ringing as soon as the car was unveiled at an event that dealers didn't even know about!

2) I am pleased that my sold customer orders won't be pushed back while the Premiere editions are built. Though we would love to have ours now to show, I am pleased that we can deliver sold orders first.

3) When announced to dealers we were told that the Premiere Edition would only be available as a Coupe and only to Corvette dealers who had sold seven or more Corvettes during the 2012 calendar year. Further we were told that only 500 would be produced. Now Chevy has announced an additional 500 or so Convertibles will be produced and that all Corvette dealers will get one!

I know that many of you are confused and asking questions! We are doing our best to provide current and accurate information.

In any event, it won't be long and we will be honored to be presenting the keys to new Stingray owners!

Ken
Old 08-09-2013, 03:57 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Fichtner
My observations:

1) I agree with this comment: "Too bad Chevrolet didn't come forth with this info before they revealed the Premier Edition. It sure would have saved a lot of angst on this forum!"
I will add: It would have been nice if Chevrolet dealerships were notified of the special edition and it's unveiling! Our phone was ringing as soon as the car was unveiled at an event that dealers didn't even know about!

2) I am pleased that my sold customer orders won't be pushed back while the Premiere editions are built. Though we would love to have ours now to show, I am pleased that we can deliver sold orders first.

3) When announced to dealers we were told that the Premiere Edition would only be available as a Coupe and only to Corvette dealers who had sold seven or more Corvettes during the 2012 calendar year. Further we were told that only 500 would be produced. Now Chevy has announced an additional 500 or so Convertibles will be produced and that all Corvette dealers will get one!

I know that many of you are confused and asking questions! We are doing our best to provide current and accurate information.

In any event, it won't be long and we will be honored to be presenting the keys to new Stingray owners!

Ken
We're confused because GM is confused.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Fichtner
My observations:

Ken
GM has the dumbest marrketing people in the car business. This is what they should have done

Built one of these cars for every C7 dealer and sent them all out at the same time. Had a announcement date for the unveiling of the new 2014 Stingray. This would have brought lots of floor traffic into the dealers. Dealers could have invited local Corvette Clubs and or previous Corvette customers to come to the event.

Customers could have gotten an up close veiw of the new car and thus generated more sales for the car.

When the C5 came out in 1997 everybody got their first car at the same time and couldn't sell it until Saturday March 7th unveiling.

I guess after making dealers spend 2 million dollars on upgrades to their stores GM couldn't return the favor by having a Stingray unveiling to bring customers into the dealer to see the car and buy other Chevrolet products.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:39 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by JoesC5
We're confused because GM is confused.
Noooooooooo .............................. GM would never be confused ..................:p arty:
Old 08-09-2013, 04:42 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
GM has the dumbest marrketing people in the car business. This is what they should have done

Built one of these cars for every C7 dealer and sent them all out at the same time. Had a announcement date for the unveiling of the new 2014 Stingray. This would have brought lots of floor traffic into the dealers. Dealers could have invited local Corvette Clubs and or previous Corvette customers to come to the event.

Customers could have gotten an up close veiw of the new car and thus generated more sales for the car.

When the C5 came out in 1997 everybody got their first car at the same time and couldn't sell it until Saturday March 7th unveiling.

I guess after making dealers spend 2 million dollars on upgrades to their stores GM couldn't return the favor by having a Stingray unveiling to bring customers into the dealer to see the car and buy other Chevrolet products.
Come on Ed .............. You know that makes way too much sense .............
Old 08-09-2013, 05:26 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Noooooooooo .............................. GM would never be confused ..................:p arty:

Surely GM wasn't confused with any of these decisions:

Pontiac Aztek
Cadillac Cimaron
2004-06 Pontiac GTO
General Motors EV1
Cadillac Allante
Cadillac Catera
Chevy Citation
Geo Metro

or - Saturn, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Hummer, Saab
Old 08-09-2013, 05:35 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette ED

Ford got it right way back in 1964. On the exact same date, at the exact same time, every Ford dealer removed the cover off the new 1964 1/2 Mustang that they had in their showroom.
The new Mustang launch was extremely successful, because of it.

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 CORVETTE PREMIERE - Additional Information Announced Aug 7 2013

Quick Reply: 2014 CORVETTE PREMIERE - Additional Information Announced Aug 7 2013