C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thought I would share an local C7 dealers email...(David Stanley in Norman Oklahoma)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Lippincott
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt26
The only thing I had even the slightest issue with in the dealer's reply was having to take the car elsewhere for service. .
NEVER was "HAVING TO" an issue
The point is and was......would he be willing to take it back to Tulsa because he's looking to save money on service/maintenance issues?
DOUBTFUL!!!
We would never turn down money to our dealership....that would be colossally ignorant
Oil Changes are advertised at every dealership statewide and Jiffy Lube as well....so was the client going to change venues at every drop of a price or would he find the convenience of paying more locally and with a peace of mind he was dealing with the #1 Corvette Dealer in the state? Common sense tells me a different story and certainly a different outcome would be likely

Whether he sees the value of doing business with us is his choice and we happily compete for business! Are we arrogant or confident? That's a line that blurs easily

At this point we will be holding a significant edge regarding C7 Inventory in Oklahoma and won't let South Pointe or any other dealer determine our floor for a SALES PRICE!!! If they want to sell below MSRP that's fine, we aren't going to.
There's absolutely nothing hidden in what we will be doing!

Regarding after the sale value:
We just had to trailer a 427 Convertible in from Colorado because a dealership took a swing and missed BIG TIME servicing a customers vehicle recently. We UNDERSTAND the cost and time of QUALITY!
We know the value of our mechanic and PROFESS HIS ABILITY!!!

Christopher Lippincott
Old 08-10-2013, 08:27 PM
KABAL182
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I was going to agree with jimmy b comments and give my 2 cents to the op. I think Christopher responded to the op in a professional manner. The OP took it too the next level for no reason, its a free market system don't like the price buy someplace else. Im glad Chris has posted himself to end this rant of a thread.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Lippincott
Heel & Toe

David,
If you're going to "QUOTE" me please use all the text so the CONTENT isn't lost

Originally Posted by broncho6
Christopher,

One thing is certain. I won't be buying a car from you and will surely share your email with the rest of my Corvette friends. You helped me make my mind up that even paying sticker is not acceptable. I will wait for all of the C7 hype to die down, let the engineers work out all of the first year bugs, make improvements... then purchase a 2015 from elsewhere.

Regards,
dp

What you actually wrote

One thing is certain. I won't be buying a car from you and will surely share your email with the rest of my Corvette friends. You helped me make my mind up that even paying sticker is not acceptable. I will wait for all of the C7 hype to die down and let the engineers work out all of the first year bugs then purchase.
In the meantime, I will play with my other exotic and watch the new C7 from my rear view mirror.

Regards,

David Price
Old 08-10-2013, 09:53 PM
brightonvette
Instructor

Chris, you won back on page 5, why did you not let it go? Now you come across as petty and needy. The guy with the last word does not always win. You let the OP back into the game, bad form.

Good luck with your meeting on Monday with the general manager after he/she gets off the phone with GM and GM expresses their displeasure with the leadership team at this dealership.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:01 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Lippincott
David,
If you're going to "QUOTE" me please use all the text so the CONTENT isn't lost:

One thing is certain. I won't be buying a car from you and will surely share your email with the rest of my Corvette friends. You helped me make my mind up that even paying sticker is not acceptable. I will wait for all of the C7 hype to die down and let the engineers work out all of the first year bugs then purchase.
In the meantime, I will play with my other exotic and watch the new C7 from my rear view mirror.

Regards,

David Price
Ouch ... just like a news story, you have to wait a while and get all the facts and details to see what the REAL story is.

He has a chance to get a new C7 at $2K BELOW MSRP and he tells you he's waiting now.

Last edited by ZeeOSix; 08-10-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:33 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lippincott
NEVER was "HAVING TO" an issue
The point is and was......would he be willing to take it back to Tulsa because he's looking to save money on service/maintenance issues?
DOUBTFUL!!!
We would never turn down money to our dealership....that would be colossally ignorant
Oil Changes are advertised at every dealership statewide and Jiffy Lube as well....so was the client going to change venues at every drop of a price or would he find the convenience of paying more locally and with a peace of mind he was dealing with the #1 Corvette Dealer in the state? Common sense tells me a different story and certainly a different outcome would be likely

Whether he sees the value of doing business with us is his choice and we happily compete for business! Are we arrogant or confident? That's a line that blurs easily

At this point we will be holding a significant edge regarding C7 Inventory in Oklahoma and won't let South Pointe or any other dealer determine our floor for a SALES PRICE!!! If they want to sell below MSRP that's fine, we aren't going to.
There's absolutely nothing hidden in what we will be doing!

Regarding after the sale value:
We just had to trailer a 427 Convertible in from Colorado because a dealership took a swing and missed BIG TIME servicing a customers vehicle recently. We UNDERSTAND the cost and time of QUALITY!
We know the value of our mechanic and PROFESS HIS ABILITY!!!

Christopher Lippincott

Christopher Lippincott - Corvette Sales - David Stanley Chevrolet of Norman - you are one totally loose cannon on deck . . . .

On behalf of a muti-million dollar Chevrolet Dealership Franchise, you are bringing a dispute with a potential Corvette customer to an online public forum, thus elevating it even further, and in writing. That Sir, is "colossally ignorant".

In you narrative you rhetorically ask "Are we arrogant or confident"? By this action, you are the Poster Child of the first and most dangerously the second.

If I was the potential customer you are so compelled to have the last word with, you'll resort to a a public internet forum to do so, my next words to you would be, Better Lawyer Up . . . . .

Wow . . . .
Old 08-10-2013, 11:05 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
If I was the potential customer you are so compelled to have the last word with, you'll resort to a a public internet forum to do so, my next words to you would be, Better Lawyer Up . . . . .

Wow . . . .
On what grounds?
Old 08-10-2013, 11:09 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Christopher Lippincott - Corvette Sales - David Stanley Chevrolet of Norman - you are one totally loose cannon on deck . . . .

On behalf of a muti-million dollar Chevrolet Dealership Franchise, you are bringing a dispute with a potential Corvette customer to an online public forum, thus elevating it even further, and in writing. That Sir, is "colossally ignorant".

In you narrative you rhetorically ask "Are we arrogant or confident"? By this action, you are the Poster Child of the first and most dangerously the second.

Wow . . . .
Lawyer up???? Come on! This is 2 guys trying to have the last word, I agree with the poster that said the dealer won this contest on page 5 of the thread, he (the dealer) should have just moved on then. While the ORIGINAL reply to the OP was OK (I wouldn't have spoken about competition), everything that followed is just a pissing match.

Jimmy
Old 08-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Zevo
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 44 Posts

Broncho- I'm thankful that you exposed this lippincott guy. I think that his words on this forum demonstrated his lack of professionalism. I live in oklahoma. I would have shopped at Stanley, but there is no way I'd buy a car from this guy. He obviously doesn't get it. Lets be honest. Salespeople don't add anything to the transaction, but another mouth to feed.

Guys like lippincott are part of GMs problem. They don't see the big picture and don't understand how to treat the customer. I'm guessing lippincott got butthurt because the op wouldn't go for his bs.

I like vettes, but lets be honest here. It's not porsche or an exotic. It's a blue collar sort of sports car. Soon enough we'll all be able to buy at invoice minus incentives.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:19 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
On what grounds?

It's not my place to suggest. I am not the aggrieved . . . .
Old 08-10-2013, 11:22 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

It's not my place to suggest. I am not the aggrieved . . . .
There might be grounds the other way too then if "false deformation of character" is the issue.

Like I said, there seems to be more things said in email traffic than what's been divulged so far.

The dealership has more to lose here than the OP who seems a bit of a game player at this point.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:27 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Lawyer up???? Come on! This is 2 guys trying to have the last word, I agree with the poster that said the dealer won this contest on page 5 of the thread, he (the dealer) should have just moved on then. While the ORIGINAL reply to the OP was OK (I wouldn't have spoken about competition), everything that followed is just a pissing match.

Jimmy

Representatives of businesses, who choose to take their pissing matches public, open themselves to the possibility of litigation by the aggrieved. I'm shocked that Mr. Lippincott would open David Stanley Chevrolet's door to that possibility, over exactly what you describe.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:33 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
There might be grounds the other way too then if "false deformation of character" is the issue.

Like I said, there seems to be more things said in email traffic than what's been divulged so far.

The dealership has more to lose here than the OP who seems a bit of a game player at this point.

I'm assuming you mean 'defamation' of character . . . .

Read the newspaper - do you see many articles about a business or corporation suing an individual for that offense. No. Why? Individuals don't have deep pockets.

Now, read the same newspapers and see how many individuals successfully litigate against the business or corporation who commit that offense. Plus, right or wrong, courts like the little 'wronged' guy.

All this is just, imho . . . For all I know both/either the OP or the Dealer may be the best or worst person/business in the world. I am blown away, the dealer representative has chosen to 'play it out' here. That's all I'm speaking to.

Last edited by michaelinmech; 08-10-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:35 PM
sboxs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like a tire kicker who has a need for attention.

salesman got sucked in

dumb and dumber

Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default Any chance....

...this will go to 300 posts?

ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Read the newspaper - do you see many articles about a business or corporation suing an individual for that offense. No. Why? Individuals don't have deep pockets.

Now, read the same newspapers and see how many individuals successfully litigate against the business or corporation who commit that offense. Plus, right or wrong, courts like the little 'wronged' guy.

All this, imho . . .
So just how has the OP been hurt here? I think he hurt himself by posting up this thread more than anyone else involved. Maybe he should sue himself!

If I was the OP, I'd be really careful what you say about a dealership on line, because if it's not true and they can prove it hurt their business they could "lawyer up". The OP did say he has a bunch of exotic cars, so there may be some pockets to dig in to there.

Last edited by ZeeOSix; 08-10-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:39 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

I'm assuming you mean 'defamation' of character . . . .
Maybe there will be some "deformation" too before it's all over.

Get notified of new replies

To Thought I would share an local C7 dealers email...(David Stanley in Norman Oklahoma)

Old 08-10-2013, 11:42 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by sboxs
sounds like a tire kicker who has a need for attention.

salesman got sucked in

dumb and dumber

^ In retrospect, that might well be the most accurate Title for this Thread
Old 08-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Lippincott
Heel & Toe

I will NEVER hide from the truth
David and I see things differently and seem to passionately defend our positions
I will always push GM and wear the brand proudly

LOOSE CANNON?

Maybe a little, (OK, maybe a lot)

I have enjoyed the opinions and gratefully appreciate all views
I will learn and grow from this
I am man enough to accept the errors of some of the communications but will not attempt to change what has been written
I accept that I am fallable, passionate, and often care too deeply about certain things

Enjoy the rest of the show,

Chris

Last edited by Lippincott; 08-11-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Zevo
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 44 Posts

Hey sales boy. You can be replaced on Monday by any other guy who was was selling cell phones, shoes or siding, but a repeat customer can't.

When will you guys like this lippincott character learn this. It seems to me that the forum dealers who are charging Msrp or a little below get it. At Msrp they make a great profit on early adopters, but aren't trying to totally screw people.

Quick Reply: Thought I would share an local C7 dealers email...(David Stanley in Norman Oklahoma)