Default Lol

Originally Posted by Tortugas12
These are 7 year old questions you're answering lol
My bad! Didn't pay attention to the date. LOL
Old 02-24-2020, 10:42 AM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 456 Likes on 342 Posts

I dropped my old I pod and it still works with a cracked screen. I will look into the other options all above havre opened to me. Thanx
Old 02-24-2020, 03:19 PM
JFJr
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
On page 21 of the infotainment manual, it states that WMA and Apple lossless formats are not supported.
A few of my songs are in MPEG-4 protected format and, of course, will not play using a USB stick drive. I have written Chevrolet Customer Support to add that format through a software update, if possible. If I play music directly from my iPhone with the proper connector, this is not a problem.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:30 PM
arvindnc
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Protected Mpegs or AAC files

Originally Posted by JFJr
A few of my songs are in MPEG-4 protected format and, of course, will not play using a USB stick drive. I have written Chevrolet Customer Support to add that format through a software update, if possible. If I play music directly from my iPhone with the proper connector, this is not a problem.
You can play the protected Mpegs or AAC files through an authorized device like Ipod or Iphone but you cannot copy it and play it from a flash drive. That is copyright infringement and there is nothing Chevy can do about it. You can convert the protected AAC or Mpeg files into non protected files (Burn it to a CD and rip it in a non protected format using the authorized computer!) and you should be able to copy it into any media and play it on any player capable of playing the Mpeg files. I do not believe Chevy will release any software updates to over ride the protected content unless they want to get sued by RIAA or Apple.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:36 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Well here's the trick !!! I have played songs from CDs ( wav files ) from my computer ( cell phone ) and mp3's from my nano ipod !!! So with bluetooth on cell phone ( android I use a music player ) but with the nano ipod I plugged it in the small round port without a music player !!!
Old 02-27-2020, 06:53 PM
arvindnc
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Not Tricky at all

Originally Posted by wgood
Well here's the trick !!! I have played songs from CDs ( wav files ) from my computer ( cell phone ) and mp3's from my nano ipod !!! So with bluetooth on cell phone ( android I use a music player ) but with the nano ipod I plugged it in the small round port without a music player !!!
If your Ipod shuffle is one of the authorized device to play protected AAC or Mpeg files then you should not have any problems playing protected files. Simply plug the Ipod Shuffle into the USB port and it should work fine but you have a 3 inch device sticking out of the USB Port which can be problematic. Just convert all the files to non protected Mpeg files, load it to a tiny flash drive like a Sandisk Cruzer Fit which sticks out less than a quarter inch, almost the size of a USB receiver for your mouse. Problem solved. I have one plugged into all my cars and I can listen to my collection in any of my cars I am driving for the day.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:00 PM
doug doo wop
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RickDI
Yep, that's it. The only requirement is that the USB drive be formatted FAT32 which most are anyway. If not, you can reformat it in Windows.

I've been using ipods but for some reason, they aren't working right. My music is from itunes on my computer and are in playlist format, but I don't believe the drives will list the playlists on the infotainment screen, in order to chose what you want, is this correct? I have over 58GB of music on my ipods.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:40 PM
Sidneyyyy
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried to burn a CD from Spotify by using some 3rd party tool called Tunelf Spotify Music Converter then burn Spotify Music to CD via iTunes.Works perfectly on my car,I can enjoy higher quality music on my way.

Quick Reply: C7 music file format