Decisions on color options.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Zurbo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions on color options.

Hello there.

Plopped down my deposit last weekend so I have my spot reserved for one of the new StingRay's.
Been pouring over the options and so far have the following decided:

Coupe with Z51 performance package, 3LT options group, chrome wheels, dual mode performance exhaust, magnetic selective ride control, 6 speed auto with performance ratio diff, (as long as that don't take the dry sump option away like it did on 2013 GS's) and standard GT buckets.

Just gotta make up my mind on color between Torch Red and Crystal Red Tintcoat...

The Crystal Red Tintcoat to me is more richer in color (not to mention beautiful) but also would like to do red calipers along with the red interior (like the car they rolled out at the unveiling show).
However, I'm not sure it will match well (light vs dark reds) so may have to do Torch Red if I have to have the red interior and calipers.
Otherwise Black interior/calipers will go well with Crystal Red.
Of course I've seen red interiors predominantly faded on older C3 and 4 Corvettes so not sure if the problem will carry forward given the new choices in materials with the 3LT.

I seen GM'er's post with the order tracking sheet and seen #28 is Crystal Red with the red interior and calipers.
Would be really nice to see a picture to see how they look together.
Rick Conti has some nice pictures of the Crystal Red's on his site but only with black calipers and Kalahari interior. http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?p=19256

I'm still not against going Torch Red to assure the interior / exterior colors match up better. Kinda like they did way back on the '57 chevys with the red/black interior and red exterior.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:31 AM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Congrats!

I really like the CRM & if I hadn't had 2 C6's with it, I would have ordered the C7 with CRM!

I think the C7 will look Great in CRM but not with the red interior!!

I wanted a change, so I went with CG, 3Lt Red, Blk Wheels Red calipers, loaded!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Zurbo
Hello there.

Plopped down my deposit last weekend so I have my spot reserved for one of the new StingRay's.
Been pouring over the options and so far have the following decided:

Coupe with Z51 performance package, 3LT options group, chrome wheels, dual mode performance exhaust, magnetic selective ride control, 6 speed auto with performance ratio diff, (as long as that don't take the dry sump option away like it did on 2013 GS's) and standard GT buckets.

Just gotta make up my mind on color between Torch Red and Crystal Red Tintcoat...

The Crystal Red Tintcoat to me is more richer in color (not to mention beautiful) but also would like to do red calipers along with the red interior (like the car they rolled out at the unveiling show).
However, I'm not sure it will match well (light vs dark reds) so may have to do Torch Red if I have to have the red interior and calipers.
Otherwise Black interior/calipers will go well with Crystal Red.
Of course I've seen red interiors predominantly faded on older C3 and 4 Corvettes so not sure if the problem will carry forward given the new choices in materials with the 3LT.

I seen GM'er's post with the order tracking sheet and seen #28 is Crystal Red with the red interior and calipers.
Would be really nice to see a picture to see how they look together.
Rick Conti has some nice pictures of the Crystal Red's on his site but only with black calipers and Kalahari interior. http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?p=19256

I'm still not against going Torch Red to assure the interior / exterior colors match up better. Kinda like they did way back on the '57 chevys with the red/black interior and red exterior.
If the interior color drives your decision, in this case red, then red paint is my preferred option. Personally I prefer CRT with the Kalahari interior for a real classy look. If you go for performance/agressive look than red all the way.

I debated for a long time this combo of CRT with Kalahari and chrome or AW with red interior. But my C6 vert was set up that way so I opted for change. I finally went AW but CRT is awesome. Congrats on your purchase!
Old 08-07-2013, 08:21 AM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crystal Red with red interior and red calipers would clash badly IMO
Old 08-07-2013, 08:36 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Torch red gets my vote...

Good luck deciding.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:41 AM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

I wouldn't order Crystal Red with the red interior without seeing it first.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:52 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

In the current C6 set up, the red interior ( not a BRIGHT Red) works with Crystal.....going forward, the New Red interior is brighter and IMHO, does not work well with Crystal......
Old 08-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Zee51Vert
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin
In the current C6 set up, the red interior ( not a BRIGHT Red) works with Crystal.....going forward, the New Red interior is brighter and IMHO, does not work well with Crystal......
Old 08-07-2013, 09:18 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

You can't go wrong with Torch Red and you can get the red calipers that match.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:09 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,069 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I had a Crystal red C6 with red/blk interior, dealers did not order C6's with this combo but Rick Conti did and it was stunning. I have not seen the combo on a C7, Rick said the new red int may not look good with the CRM ext. I would trust him on this.
I did order my C7 the same exact c7 that you are contemplating but in Torch red.#69 on GM'ers list

my sold C6

Ricks pics which he ordered for his stock 2 years after i had my 08
Old 08-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Zurbo
... Z51 ... 6 speed auto with performance ratio diff, (as long as that don't take the dry sump option away like it did on 2013 GS's)...
You have no choice on the axle ratio. The manual gets a 3.42 (GU6) for both Z51 and non-Z51. The auto gets a 2.56 (GM8) for non-Z51 and a 2.73 (GU2) for a Z51.

The RPOs (GU6, GM8, GU2) are Reference Only RPOs meaning they cannot be ordered but instead they are determined by other options/model.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Petcare51
Heel & Toe

I ordered the cyber gray convert.- What's the best interior color to match it with?
Old 08-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Zurbo
Advanced

Thanks guys for your input on the colors.

To me the Red/black interior just screams more 'Vette than all the same color. Especially if your paying for 3LT. Just want it to stand out like it should.

Sure would be nice if GM had thought to offer matching reds to go with the Crystal Red Tintcoat.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:22 PM
bobbykart
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Awesome in Torch or Crystal, I debated And finally decided on black cause my Pantera
Is similar to Torch red

Get notified of new replies

To Decisions on color options.

Quick Reply: Decisions on color options.