C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Convertible Available to Order?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 04:11 PM
0Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Convertible Available to Order?

Although there was no Corvette allocations today I logged in just to check the available cars... And for the first time Corvette Convertible was listed as one of the options. I wonder if that means that we will be able to start placing convertible orders in the next concensus?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:40 AM
BBBOOMR
Racer

Originally Posted by Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary
Although there was no Corvette allocations today I logged in just to check the available cars... And for the first time Corvette Convertible was listed as one of the options. I wonder if that means that we will be able to start placing convertible orders in the next concensus?
Do you mean the top colors were listed as options?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:50 AM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BBBOOMR
Do you mean the top colors were listed as options?
Supposed to be open to start taking orders this Thursday the 5th

Old 08-02-2013, 11:54 AM
brightonvette
Instructor

I think your "wonder" is moot. After reading a number of threads on this forum about your recent dealership practices it is unlikely any informed members on here will be ordering a vert from you.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by brightonvette
I think your "wonder" is moot. After reading a number of threads on this forum about your recent dealership practices it is unlikely any informed members on here will be ordering a vert from you.
I am very sorry for what has happened at some of our sister stores. We all operate independently. We are charging MSRP like most of the forum dealers. Our store - Hendrick Chevrolet is located in Cary, NC.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GM'er
Supposed to be open to start taking orders this Thursday the 5th

Thanks GM'er, that's what I thought.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:14 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I am very sorry for what has happened at some of our sister stores. We all operate independently. We are charging MSRP like most of the forum dealers. Our store - Hendrick Chevrolet is located in Cary, NC.

^ And what is your Deposit amount requirement and terms?

Is it a Fully Refundable $1,000 deposit as are other forum dealers?
Old 08-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor

$1000 refundable deposit.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:18 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

$1000 refundable deposit.

^ No further deposit is required when order is placed for production?
Old 08-02-2013, 03:18 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Good news, but I still can't decide on a color!
Old 08-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
^ No further deposit is required when order is placed for production?
No. We were initially taking $5k deposits. A few months into it decission was made to lower to $2500 and then to $1000. We never asked for anything more than MSRP and I provided that in writing to people who asked for it. As soon as pricing was available I went over the exact amounts customers were going to pay including their state tax, tags, title and all fees. As our deposit is refundable (unless you order a silly combination like green with red seats you can back out at any time. We do not think we will have a problem selling any of these cars and do understand that life happens and things can change in a few months. That is why initially we were taking larger deposits - I guess just trying to limit the number of backouts...
Old 08-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor

We can't help with that... - Color choice that is.

Last edited by Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary; 08-02-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Probably should have called them an estranged cousin or something. lol.

I get you operate independently but I for one would never buy a vehicle from a Hendrick Dealership after all I have read about the various dealerships over the years.... Seems to be more then one bad apple in the crate.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Wildmanht
Probably should have called them an estranged cousin or something. lol.

I get you operate independently but I for one would never buy a vehicle from a Hendrick Dealership after all I have read about the various dealerships over the years.... Seems to be more then one bad apple in the crate.
We all have relatives that we might be ashamed of Kidding again. Hendrick Automotive Group is one of the largest private dealers in the country and they are working hard to get us all in line and to make all our processes straightforward, transparent and consistent.

We have thousands of satisfied customers as well as thousands that are not. You can see that in this forum. We are doing our best to make sure we respond to the best of our ability to fix our mistakes. There is certainly room for improvement.

Some of the issues that have been brought up in this forum have been shared with the Hendrick Automotive Group and are being discussed. Thank you all for bringing them up.

In the meantime please feel free to contact me directly regarding any Corvette questions.

Milos Sainovic
Internet Sales Manager
Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary
919-757-3501
milos.sainovic@hendrickauto.com

Last edited by Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary; 08-02-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:09 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Tough crowd.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:16 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

You have Hendrick of Cary mixed up with another "Hendrick" dealer. They are independent stores with a partly similar name. I've been by Hendrick of Cary numerous times and every time they have offered me the same thing--C7 at MSRP, $1,000 refundable deposit--and Milos has come out to just talk Corvettes for half an hour even though I didn't have close to $1,000 that day. I'm sure he'll write down the promise for you.

Also, two years ago I got my current C6 coupe from City Chevy of Charlotte, another Hendrick lot but not a sponsor here, and they were as straight and honest as you could ask. On the first visit, instead of playing head games they said hold on and we'll get you a written offer, which they laid before me with all costs and fees disclosed, and $9,000 off sticker (remember this was when dealers were overrun with C6s) and 3.43% APR for 72 months. When I signed the papers a few weeks later, it was exactly so. Everything they told me they could or would do, they did. Consequently they sell a lot of Corvettes, enough that they don't feel the need to be a sponsor here, unfortunately.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Former Vendor

It's what makes this country great! Everyone can express their opinion. And everyone has a choice!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Convertible Available to Order?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
You have Hendrick of Cary mixed up with another "Hendrick" dealer. They are independent stores with a partly similar name. I've been by Hendrick of Cary numerous times and every time they have offered me the same thing--C7 at MSRP, $1,000 refundable deposit--and Milos has come out to just talk Corvettes for half an hour even though I didn't have close to $1,000 that day. I'm sure he'll write down the promise for you.

Also, two years ago I got my current C6 coupe from City Chevy of Charlotte, another Hendrick lot but not a sponsor here, and they were as straight and honest as you could ask. On the first visit, instead of playing head games they said hold on and we'll get you a written offer, which they laid before me with all costs and fees disclosed, and $9,000 off sticker (remember this was when dealers were overrun with C6s) and 3.43% APR for 72 months. When I signed the papers a few weeks later, it was exactly so. Everything they told me they could or would do, they did. Consequently they sell a lot of Corvettes, enough that they don't feel the need to be a sponsor here, unfortunately.
Thank you HolyRoller. We try.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Eagle3sh
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Makes me glad that at least one of the Hendrick dealerships has seen the light and is treating customers with some dignity. I would guess the regional managers are rolling some heads for someone's previous action at other family dealerships. I sure hope so.

It very obvious that 99.9% of C7 buyers are educated professionals and business owners in their respective fields. You might have one or two lotto winners or someone who just inherited family money but they will be few are far between. The vast majority of those of us with orders place have had one and probably several previous corvettes. We are not stupid and will not fall for the "market adjustment" scheme.

Last edited by Eagle3sh; 08-02-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:12 PM
brightonvette
Instructor

Mr. Sainovic,

I am sorry I negatively broad brushed the entire Hendrick retail network with my comment.

Mr. Hendrick is a smart, astute businessman and when he is advised of the pillorying his empire has undergone in the last few days, he will likely be livid. When he gets back to NC after Pocono on Monday I would not want to be the guy that let this spin out of control. Yes there are 80+ dealerships out there and it is a big business with lots of moving parts (no pun intended), but at the end of the day his name is on the big sign out front and leadership starts at the top.

I can't wait to see the turn of events going forward.

Quick Reply: Corvette Convertible Available to Order?