Sponsored by:

Another C7 Accident

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 12:02 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
EXACTLY!!! That is what the Avalanche Z71 is for...
Good looking ride. My dad wants to pick one of these up to replace his Tahoe.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:24 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 0-60B4U

Why are you trying to make this so difficult? First of all the Lincoln pushed the Vette. There was no dragging! Second, the Vette was pushed only about a car length after it was hit. Not 40 plus feet! This is very evident by where the debris starts and ends. Third, neither the Lincoln nor the Vette was traveling very fast. Probably in the neighborhood of 10-15 mph. Any faster and there would have been much more damage to both vehicles. And Fourth, to spin a vehicle around, it has to be hit hard at the very front or back corners. When a car is T-boned, it doesn't spin around, it just gets pushed straight.
I am sorry if my questions frustrate you.

First - a Question for you - are you telling me the Corvette was traveling on the wrong side of the street? That would be the only way it would have been "pushed" a one-car length. From what I could tell, it was supposedly making a left turn from a four-lane boulevard; do the math - The Corvette's original turning lane plus two on-coming lanes, plus the crosswak, plus it's final stop.

Second - my conclusion as to the "spin" was based on the initial assessment of the prior entry by a former accident investigator who indicated that based on the damaged of the Lincoln, it hit the Corvette at its corner at the front of the Corvette's door then skidded to the back. If that is the case, the Corvette would have to be pushed in a circular motion, and not necessarily a full 360-degree spin.

Third - I don't buy the analogy of all of the debris continue travel until the resting point. Because, technically speaking, once the Lincoln supposedly made impact with the Corvette, some debris that launches forward and sideways due to the original impact, initially at the speed of the Lincoln, would bounce back off the Corvette body and cease from traveling at the same speed of the Lincoln, and therefore creating a field of debris over a wider area than shown (see the picture of the Yellow Corvette - look at the track of debris).

Fourth - the apparent dents. All you have to do is compare the condition / appearance of the yellow Corvette. Do you see dents all over? Or cracks? The door panels of the C7 should have cracked due to the several sharp corners hitting it repeatedly due to the presumed "push". The damage on the door looks more like an aluminum-door damage.

Finally - I would think, by now, someone would have come forward with pictures of the Corvette on a flatbed.

I am sorry, but with all due respect to the experts, I am just not convinced.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:55 PM
RickDI
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zhopper05
I am sorry, but with all due respect to the experts, I am just not convinced.
http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/gm-e...eet-crash.html

"This is the most serious crash to date" involving the new 2014 Corvette, said Monte Doran, a GM spokesman, in a phone conversation on Monday.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Um, maybe in a perfect world. But my Tundra pickup got T-Boned almost dead center and it spun 270. To many variables to make a blanket statement like I highlighted.
Now that is a weak suck pick-up..to get hit in the middle and spin. I wouldn't buy another one of those if I were you..or maybe it is a magic truck that gets hit dead center like a pool ball then spins around..
Old 08-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Xitablboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a Left Turn

I believe that the Vette was stopped at the light and decided to make an illegal U Turn. He pulled out in front of the Linc which slid on wet pavement. The accident happened exactly where the debris is located.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:54 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Now that is a weak suck pick-up..to get hit in the middle and spin. I wouldn't buy another one of those if I were you..or maybe it is a magic truck that gets hit dead center like a pool ball then spins around..
Sorry if real world evidence doesn't fit your preconceived notions of how things work.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:09 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Now that is a weak suck pick-up..to get hit in the middle and spin.
This is the type of response I'd expect from a teenager...like perhaps your alter ego drmustang. It's physics, "Bill". If the truck is hit in the middle, but most of the weight is over one end (in this case the front), the vehicle will spin around the axis of the weight, in this case the front tires. Pretty simple.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the perceived quality of the vehicle...
Old 08-06-2013, 08:04 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TTRotary
This is the type of response I'd expect from a teenager...like perhaps your alter ego drmustang. It's physics, "Bill". If the truck is hit in the middle, but most of the weight is over one end (in this case the front), the vehicle will spin around the axis of the weight, in this case the front tires. Pretty simple.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the perceived quality of the vehicle...
Thank you, I didn't want to take the time to explain it to him.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:55 PM
0-60B4U
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Um, maybe in a perfect world. But my Tundra pickup got T-Boned almost dead center and it spun 270. To many variables to make a blanket statement like I highlighted.
You are absolutely right. I should have said that a vehicle "normally" doesn't spin when T-boned at "slower speeds".
Old 08-06-2013, 09:00 PM
0-60B4U
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickDI
http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/gm-e...eet-crash.html::

"This is the most serious crash to date" involving the new 2014 Corvette, said Monte Doran, a GM spokesman, in a phone conversation on Monday.
Thanks for the link. I doubt if Zhopper05 will view it though! As he is dead set on continuing his "photo-shopped" rant in spite of all the evidence to the contrary!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:08 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Thanks for the link. I doubt if Zhopper05 will view it though! As he is dead set on continuing his "photo-shopped" rant in spite of all the evidence to the contrary!
Yes, I did check the link. it turned out I was apparently wrong and it's okay. By the way I was not ranting - LOL. I simply raised a number of legitimate questions, that out of curiosity wanted to get answered.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:31 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

You are absolutely right. I should have said that a vehicle "normally" doesn't spin when T-boned at "slower speeds".
and don't have an issue with that statement.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:11 PM
QueadlunnRau
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That page/link looks fake, definitely Adobe Pagefakered out. You can tell because there are only like 5 ads instead of 6 or 7. Also not as much bold or italicized fonts

Note this post was a joke for those who find it difficult to read peoples sarcasm or between the lines, I was in a playful mood when I saw this thread and someone had me going on thinking the picture was "chopped" but now when I think about it everything is photoshopped ... if anything to help better the lighting on a sub-par picture or zoomed in for a better closeup etc ...
Old 08-14-2013, 05:36 PM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,141 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...n-town-car.php

Quick Reply: Another C7 Accident