Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Delivery Dates Pushed Back.....

Old 08-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Here's what I can tell you...

GM has never given an exact release date other than Third Quarter. GM has purposely not been releasing TPWs because things need to be fluent during a launch and they didn't want people going into a panic when the TPW changed. Customer Service never got that word and release some TPWs and that's a problem since none of those were solid dates.

We ordered our first batch of cars as show cars to hopefully take to Corvettes at Carlisle but we always knew there was a good chance that the cars would not be ready in time for Carlisle and that's the word I got the other day from GM.

Would I have liked to have the cars for Carlisle? Of course, but I'm not mad at GM because they never told any customer or dealer a certain date for delivery.

If a dealer gave you a "ballpark" or a "guesstimate" date, please remember that's exactly what it was. If a dealer guaranteed you a date than he may have a problem. However, don't take it out on Bowling Green. This car is going through a a major QC so that the car can be as perfect as possible on release. I'd rather have the cars some in October and be right than come in August with problems.

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Old 08-02-2013, 08:00 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com

GM has never given an exact release date other than Third Quarter. GM has purposely not been releasing TPWs because things need to be fluent during a launch and they didn't want people going into a panic when the TPW changed. Customer Service never got that word and release some TPWs and that's a problem since none of those were solid dates.

We ordered our first batch of cars as show cars to hopefully take to Corvettes at Carlisle but we always knew there was a good chance that the cars would not be ready in time for Carlisle and that's the word I got the other day from GM.

Would I have liked to have the cars for Carlisle? Of course, but I'm not mad at GM because they never told any customer or dealer a certain date for delivery.

If a dealer gave you a "ballpark" or a "guesstimate" date, please remember that's exactly what it was. If a dealer guaranteed you a date than he may have a problem. However, don't take it out on Bowling Green. This car is going through a a major QC so that the car can be as perfect as possible on release. I'd rather have the cars some in October and be right than come in August with problems.

Dave

Hey Dave, glad to see you jumping in here.

The waiting is the hardest part. I realize it's all a guess, but as #173 on your list but #1 in your heart I appreciate an educated guess from you.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51
Default 1st build Q/C

My 2010 Lexus RX450h was built in May of 2009, the 1st month of production for that model. It was QC'd to the inth degree and with 50,000+ miles on him now, he's probably the most perfect car I've ever owned (and they number around 100). Most of the one's built since then have maintained the Lexus quality but cars are made of parts from vendors and occasionally some less than perfect ones get installed. So it's not just checking the build of the car, it's checking every piece and how it plays nice with the other pieces.

I don't have many hairs left but I want mine too. Much longer and I won't need my barber any more . But it's worth the wait.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:11 PM
rgamache
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
You want the truth ? You can't handle the truth !
Old 08-02-2013, 09:16 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Try this link:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-one-fact.html
Old 08-03-2013, 01:49 AM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

This car is going through a major QC so that the car can be the least crappy on release.
I fixed that quote to reflect the reality . The word 'perfect' doesn't exist in GM's vocabulary . My '12 GS still had/has a ton of issues after 8 freaking years of production. They didn't change overnight.

The car is just an evolution of the C6, but it can have a lot of problems too. And it probably will. As long as the first time buyers are aware of that possibility, all is well. Wish them luck .
Old 08-03-2013, 06:10 AM
Naples FL
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 90 Posts

Dave
Thanks Dave! Take it from the man that knows! The last thing you would want is a repeat if '83/84! Remember Orson Wells... "sell no wine until its time! Still loving my 427! They got that one right for sure!!!

Last edited by 9157; 08-03-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:11 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,940 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by 9157
Thanks Dave! Take it from the man that knows! The last thing you would want is a repeat if '83/84! Remember Orson Wells... "no wine is fine until its time! Still loving my 427! They got that one right for sure!!!
just for fun, the actual quote is "...will sell no wine before its time."

Last edited by AORoads; 08-03-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:38 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 678 Likes on 269 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Now you are hearing October, wow...

Dave
As I suspected, now we are hearing the 4th quarter, all along, people kept saying third quarter, third quarter, now you have it, the dreaded 4th quarter starting to rear it's ugly head...

I agree, make it right, but this is a sorry situation. 4 to 5 MONTHS after the first consensus is a JOKE if October becomes a reality...
Old 08-20-2013, 12:39 AM
WJCOMEGA
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEWS/130819909
I also saw just now an ad on Edmunds.com (Chevy sponsored pop up) that states "Delivery August 2013 at select dealerships." However, two weeks ago I received a copy of the factory submitted order form indicating a change of projected delivery or build date on my vehicle from September 8th to October 18th.

Last edited by WJCOMEGA; 08-20-2013 at 01:03 AM. Reason: additional information
Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 AM
CantonVette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to admit, this stressing over the delivery dates is kind of amazing to me...this is my first ordered car ever, so maybe it is normal for this brand with a new model. I almost fell off my chair when someone mentioned that we should throw in the kitty for a geo satalite fly over of BG to see if any cars were in the parking lot. A close second was the individual who had family that was scaling the property to get a binocular view of the storage/receiving lots. I am looking forward to my new car, but I don't think I would spend the money to get a satalite view or a tresspassing charge on my record. Admire the spirit though!!

Here is how I look at it...I would expect that the recent museum "buyer's tour" email gives us the most accurate predictor of when the build will begin - September 30, which is the last day of the 3rd quarter. With QC, transit times, consensus order (I am in the 2nd) and the always present constaints from JIT supplier orders for a complex and brand new (totally redesigned) manufacturing process, I thought early on that I would not see delivery until end of November beginning of December at best.

A viewing of the most current GM press releases and media info, which I would imagine had to pass through GM legal to get to public posting, state "goes on sale in the 3rd quarter" and "will reach global markets (including the United States) in late 2013".

Since the fall and winter are the worst times to be selling sports cars, and the only folks this concerned about delivery are hard core owners with orders already confirmed, I would imagine GM isn't breaking a sweat over the possibility of moving delivery back into the 4th quarter, or even first quarter of next year, as long as the car is perfect for production and they have the line clear for enough dealer stock and general orders (after the 6-9 months) for lots heading into the late spring/early summer when the casual sports care enthusiast comes to kick the tires around. I hate to say it - but our leverage is non-existant in this regard.

I am just relaxing until I get the call...more time to spend on the boat, camping and enjoying time with my family as the seasons start to change once again.

Then again, just a sugguestion, that a call by someone in the media (maybe a forum blogger) to the KY Governor's press office to determine if he has anyone from the office scheduled to be at BG/GM facility in the next three months would probably seal the deal on the ceremonial first car produced date.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:31 AM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

The pushback is because Camaro called and wanted the tail lights back. The C7 was like hell no, so Camaro came over and started a fight, cops were involved, etc.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:39 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperX
The pushback is because Camaro called and wanted the tail lights back. The C7 was like hell no, so Camaro came over and started a fight, cops were involved, etc.
Chevy resolved the dispute by prying the taillights off of a Dodge Dart and stapling them to the 2014 Camaro, and they all lived happily ever after.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:40 AM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
Chevy resolved the dispute by prying the taillights off of a Dodge Dart and giving them to the 2014 Camaro, and they all lived happily ever after.
Still the C7 has a police record now.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelrm1
I passed an entire truckload of C7's Tuesday morning heading north toward Detroit just FYI
First load of customer cars out for delivery!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Pisswilly
Now there will be a new thread saying that it's been confirmed that customer cars are shipping!

Stop the madness!!!

Dave
Old 08-20-2013, 01:12 PM
hugoagogo
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

follow that truck!

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Delivery Dates Pushed Back.....

Old 08-20-2013, 02:19 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Pisswilly
Were they Blue with a bunch of Luggage strapped to the roofs?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Macguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being a retired IT guy in application systems for 35 years, I only marvel at the kind of integrated engineering that has gone into the C7. The complexity of the hardware and software interfacing to do the numerous functions, seen or unseen, is a marvel. Trying to tweak portions of what must be a few 100k lines of code in the software and maybe alterations to hardware is not easy. Even if the Corvette team slips by a few weeks I'm going to be patient and keep calm. The kinds of coding situations, system issues and trade-offs that can arise in unanticipated occurrences that need fixing can only be appreciated by those who have been thru it, trust me.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:31 PM
RickDI
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macguy
Being a retired IT guy in application systems for 35 years, I only marvel at the kind of integrated engineering that has gone into the C7. The complexity of the hardware and software interfacing to do the numerous functions, seen or unseen, is a marvel. Trying to tweak portions of what must be a few 100k lines of code in the software and maybe alterations to hardware is not easy. Even if the Corvette team slips by a few weeks I'm going to be patient and keep calm. The kinds of coding situations, system issues and trade-offs that can arise in unanticipated occurrences that need fixing can only be appreciated by those who have been thru it, trust me.
Just point me to the reboot button.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 Delivery Dates Pushed Back.....