C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners - C7 Corvette tuning support available now!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
Well stated Ryne...you only have roughly a quarter of the time to get the entire fuel mass in the chamber, mix and light it..

If you rough calculate the current injector it comes out to about 45 lbs/hr which makes sense since the LS3 had a 42.

Since the DI motor runs a wide varying pressure up to 20 Mpa you need to figure the injector can flow 44% above the static flow rate noted in the calibration. Its still not enough to make "big" power like people are claiming....that's why we are focused on the fuel system....

We have already modified a few sets and thanks to HPT been able to re-profile them in the calibration....so far so good!

HT
thanks howard, I will definitely be in touch when I need a set of injectors.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:12 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
Well stated Ryne...you only have roughly a quarter of the time to get the entire fuel mass in the chamber, mix and light it..

If you rough calculate the current injector it comes out to about 45 lbs/hr which makes sense since the LS3 had a 42.

Since the DI motor runs a wide varying pressure up to 20 Mpa you need to figure the injector can flow 44% above the static flow rate noted in the calibration. Its still not enough to make "big" power like people are claiming....that's why we are focused on the fuel system....

We have already modified a few sets and thanks to HPT been able to re-profile them in the calibration....so far so good!

HT
Good info. In simple terms, how do you go about modifying a DI injector? How do you maintain spray patterns, etc?

Have you had a chance to see where the current system maxes out power wise?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by irun4cops
Good info. In simple terms, how do you go about modifying a DI injector? How do you maintain spray patterns, etc?

Have you had a chance to see where the current system maxes out power wise?
Unfortunately I really can't disclose what we are doing but the diesel industry has been doing it for years..these new injectors are a bit more challenging but we've got access to some cool technology processes that are key.

Spray pattern is most certainly a critical aspect in this process or you can really mess up the combustion event pretty good.

As far as the current system; 45 lbs/hr is not a small fuel mass by any means but it really depends on what the target power level is.

I don't see why 600 BHP is not obtainable with the current system...that still would require some tweaks with HPT on a few tables...

HT
Old 08-06-2013, 12:07 AM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

what would be your approach to get to 600 or slightly below, hp on the c7?

Do you think cam, ported heads, ported intake, and a tune could get close?

Reason i ask is, if thats where the fuel ends, which i think it does, maybe 650, but regardless...

I keep going back and forth about bothering with turbos this early in the game.

What does your company plan to do? Will you sell modded injectors if a person like myself wanted to buy some, or are you only keeping them for cars your company upgrades?

Thanks
Old 08-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Redline Motorsports
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts

what would be your approach to get to 600 or slightly below, hp on the c7?

Do you think cam, ported heads, ported intake, and a tune could get close?

Reason i ask is, if thats where the fuel ends, which i think it does, maybe 650, but regardless...

I keep going back and forth about bothering with turbos this early in the game.

What does your company plan to do? Will you sell modded injectors if a person like myself wanted to buy some, or are you only keeping them for cars your company upgrades?

Thanks
Way to early to formally address these questions. Just need to sit tight as this evolves.

HT
Old 08-07-2013, 06:20 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

i understand what you are saying, but sitting tight isnt part of our plan.

We plan to be part of the evolution, even if darwinism takes its toll on us. We are set up to be at sema with a phone call... im pretty confident we are going to stick with the twin turbo plan just to say we did it, and just bleed off excess boost to keep within restraints of fuel system, which can then be reversed once a better fuel setup comes along.

Im not greedy when it comes to fame, if it were something your shop would be interested in tuning once we throw the turbo system on the car, i would be all for that. Otherwise, I plan to have someone do it, and that someone will get credit at sema.

Left you guys a voice mail 2 days ago, and no response. Brandon.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:22 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

i understand what you are saying, but sitting tight isnt part of our plan.

We plan to be part of the evolution, even if darwinism takes its toll on us. We are set up to be at sema with a phone call... im pretty confident we are going to stick with the twin turbo plan just to say we did it, and just bleed off excess boost to keep within restraints of fuel system, which can then be reversed once a better fuel setup comes along.

Im not greedy when it comes to fame, if it were something your shop would be interested in tuning once we throw the turbo system on the car, i would be all for that. Otherwise, I plan to have someone do it, and that someone will get credit at sema.

Left you guys a voice mail 2 days ago, and no response. Brandon.
Hmmmm, do you actually read what you post? I mean is this for real , lol... Do you actually have the car yet? Everyone of your threads that you have recently posted has the same arrogant under-tone . Seriously man relax, let the experts get things handled and squared away, or talk to your "expert/hero" tuner.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:25 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

Both of the cars im getting, will be first batch, mid september.

In my previous years of vette enthusiasm, i would wait for a big shop to build a car, get it back, have something not work properly on it, and then have to go through and figure out what they couldn't. My most recent "lingenfelter" turbo vette, i would put up against any lingenfelter car period, and mine makes more power and is more reliable. Ive revamped fuel systems, fixed turbo oil systems, etc etc, that these big shops dont fully remedy.

Point is... why should a person like myself wait for a shop to do something... that im simply going to redo later, when i can take a stab at it, and be the one who does it right the first time.

I approach all things with ignorance to sponge up as much info as I can, but also make decisions quickly once i feel i have all the facts.

Again, im simply being real... im putting 2 turbos under a c7 before the sema show. If your company would like to take credit for tuning that car...

(assuming you read what you write... because its full of confidence that you guys have this tuning and fuel system figured out faster than anyone else will, so im taking you at face value)

... if your company would like to take credit for tuning a car, that is equipped with garret gt30 turbos that work great on a lingenfelter tt car and spool up nice and fast...

and have that car at sema with your name on it... i would love to help us both out.

If you find that offer too arrogant, my apologies.

Frankly i find it arrogant that you think im going to say to myself "oh you know what, hes right, since ive batted 100 in the past at solving problems with upgrading these cars when big shops fumbled, and enjoy the hobby of doing so... im just going to not try this time, and then I'm going to get in line to have a big shop charge me an arm and a leg for a car that will be down for months, when i do this stuff as a hobby that i enjoy... forget my hobby and having fun... im gonig to leave this up to the experts as i apparently dont know any experts according to this man on corvette forum, even tho the man im speaking of has tuned more high hp mustangs than anyone else i have ever met and ford flies him to cali twice a year to tune their super snake because he does a better job at getting it to idle and drive better than any of the ford techs, and they admit it and he has an open invitation to work for their company at any time, but his family is in ohio, so he chooses to stay. guess its back to work making more money so i can leave this all up to the experts at cunningham who are offended at anyone else who thinks they can tune a motor"

While i may be an expert in fuel systems, and other areas of these vehicles in the past... ive never attempted to re invent the wheel with tuners who know what they are doing. This is a new fuel system... no one is established... therefore there is a race to be first on the block with a finished product, is there not? I offered to lay a completed car, minus injectors and a tune... in your lap... and give you credit for the car... and you call me arrogant? And tell me i should stand down?

Ive read what ive written. Read yours.

Last edited by irun4cops; 08-09-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:49 PM
irun4cops
Melting Slicks

maybe im missing something...

but if you want people to "leave it to the experts" such as yourself... figure out how your answering machine works, and call back customers who leave polite voice mails... within 3 days time... who express interest in spending money with your shop.

Otherwise youre just one more shop who has a person thinking to themselves... im probably better off doing this on my own.

Last edited by irun4cops; 08-08-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:00 AM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Both of the cars im getting, will be first batch, mid september.

In my previous years of vette enthusiasm, i would wait for a big shop to build a car, get it back, have something not work properly on it, and then have to go through and figure out what they couldn't. My most recent "lingenfelter" turbo vette, i would put up against any lingenfelter car period, and mine makes more power and is more reliable. Ive revamped fuel systems, fixed turbo oil systems, etc etc, that these big shops dont fully remedy.

Point is... why should a person like myself wait for a shop to do something... that im simply going to redo later, when i can take a stab at it, and be the one who does it right the first time.

I approach all things with ignorance to sponge up as much info as I can, but also make decisions quickly once i feel i have all the facts.

Again, im simply being real... im putting 2 turbos under a c7 before the sema show. If your company would like to take credit for tuning that car...

(assuming you read what you write... because its full of confidence that you guys have this tuning and fuel system figured out faster than anyone else will, so im taking you at face value)

... if your company would like to take credit for tuning a car, that is equipped with garret gt30 turbos that work great on a lingenfelter tt car and spool up nice and fast...

and have that car at sema with your name on it... i would love to help us both out.

If you find that offer too arrogant, my apologies.

Frankly i find it arrogant that you think im going to say to myself "oh you know what, hes right, since ive batted 100 in the past at solving problems with upgrading these cars when big shops fumbled, and enjoy the hobby of doing so... im just going to not try this time, and then I'm going to get in line to have a big shop charge me an arm and a leg for a car that will be down for months, when i do this stuff as a hobby that i enjoy... forget my hobby and having fun... im gonig to leave this up to the experts as i apparently dont know any experts according to this man on corvette forum, even tho the man im speaking of has tuned more high hp mustangs than anyone else i have ever met and ford flies him to cali twice a year to tune their super snake because he does a better job at getting it to idle and drive better than any of the ford techs, and they admit it and he has an open invitation to work for their company at any time, but his family is in ohio, so he chooses to stay. guess its back to work making more money so i can leave this all up to the experts at redline who are offended at anyone else who thinks they can tune a motor"

While i may be an expert in fuel systems, and other areas of these vehicles in the past... ive never attempted to re invent the wheel with tuners who know what they are doing. This is a new fuel system... no one is established... therefore there is a race to be first on the block with a finished product, is there not? I offered to lay a completed car, minus injectors and a tune... in your lap... and give you credit for the car... and you call me arrogant? And tell me i should stand down?

Ive read what ive written. Read yours.
Why aren't you just taking this up with your ford guru? You're not arrogant? You just laid out your whole pedigree of work you have done, like it really matters. Frankly I don't know why I even commented, I think I just got tired of reading your posts . Good luck.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:11 PM
0foff667
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: HP Tuners - C7 Corvette tuning support available now!