C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edmunds 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 vs. 2013 Nissan GT-R Premium Track Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:47 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
yeah, but all you are going to see is it's tail lights.....ROUND tail lights
Won't see them real clear either at 160 ft away and pulling!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Achmed
Why do they compare the price of an optioned out C7 versus the base price of a GTR, quoting only a $30k difference? To make it apples vs apples, they should consider the base price of the C7 if they're using the base price of the GTR. Once you do that, the $30k difference becomes $46k. Even though they gave the C7 a good review this pricing comparison sounds biased, they did the same apples to oranges comparison with the porsche 911.
GTR is at the end of its model run and does not have an option list like the new vette does. They do have a couple of "editions" and "premium" probably speaks pretty much the same as "optioned out" although they have a new special black edition that I believe is the one at the top of their list.

Interesting is what they are claiming is coming performance wise for the "2015 model" due out next spring (2014). They are claiming it will set a new record for a production car at the ring and will do 0-60 in 2 seconds flat

As it is they are 1 of only 4 production cars doing 0-60 in under 3 seconds

Veyron is fastest with 2.5 seconds for about the same price in millions of dollars
Old 08-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Jasil
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO, if the car was left bone stock I'd take a C7 all day everyday well actually the Z variant whatever that ends up being, but when modded the GTR's aftermarket and performance is unequalled!

It's all what you value there is no right answer!

Last edited by Jasil; 08-05-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue
If the GTR doesn't handle as good, is less powerful and has less torque and is nose heavy, and is much heavier, and AWD sucks, and DCT doesn't matter, WHY did it run a 7:18 at the RING on OEM tires? Just curious to see the responses here. I am sure it is because Nissan always cheats or something correct?

Michael A hates foreign cars and all the innovation they deliver, as known from multiple threads. At least he is consistent.

Hey Michael-----torque is what moves cars, and the torque curve, specifically area under the curve, is far superior in forced induction turbo cars than the peakier LT1

We know you hate DCT.
You're just wrong on all accounts. Why don't head on over to Rennlist where you belong instead of trolling on this forum. Your still buying the 911, right?

Michael
Old 08-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 02hreblue
obviously you don't know anything about lawsuits or settlements enough to know that just like in medicine or business, it is often far less costly immediately and long term to settle even if there was no wrong doing.
Don't be a hater. Just enjoy your car and dont get butt hurt by other opinions or make flippant statements
Don't feed the trolls!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:24 PM
02HREBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A
You're just wrong on all accounts. Why don't head on over to Rennlist where you belong instead of trolling on this forum. Your still buying the 911, right?

Michael
Michael----you do more than your share of fanboying for the C7.

Since I currently own a Corvette, and had a GTR, I am also free to discuss anything in this forum I like. I have been on the forums for 10 years and will continue to be. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:48 PM
02HREBlue
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Michael A
Don't feed the trolls!

Dinner is ready, your mommy is calling

The REAL question Michael is why are YOU on a GTR thread?

Last edited by 02HREBlue; 08-05-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Dinner is ready, your mommy is calling

The REAL question Michael is why are YOU on a GTR thread?
That's a Corvette thread @ Corvette Forum.

Oh wait...don't feed the troll.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:39 PM
02HREBlue
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Lavender
That's a Corvette thread @ Corvette Forum.

Oh wait...don't feed the troll.
Whats the title of the thread---go back and read it? Dont present the GTR and then expect people not to talk about it, especially those who have owned it. Maybe the thread should just be "bashing everything thats not a C7"?

Michael likes to pick fights with multiple members at Corvette forum. Go back and look at his posts. He instigates at will

Sitting behind a keyboard makes him tough. Makes him feel like an expert and a real man.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:12 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Whats the title of the thread---go back and read it? Dont present the GTR and then expect people not to talk about it, especially those who have owned it. Maybe the thread should just be "bashing everything thats not a C7"?

Michael likes to pick fights with multiple members at Corvette forum. Go back and look at his posts. He instigates at will

Sitting behind a keyboard makes him tough. Makes him feel like an expert and a real man.

Lavender does not know how to read, He is actually getting ready for school and studying for his drivers license exam give him a break..lol.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:04 PM
optimum01
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gotta love GTR threads !
Old 08-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

You need to read your own threads. I just don't accept your B.S.

I gave an opinion about why I would not buy a GTR even if it was the same price as the Corvette. You jumped in with your put downs. I didn't ask for your opinion of me. I don't care about your opinion of me. You're a real piece of work, internet tough guy.

I have degrees in the field, and real world OEM automotive work experience. Do you?

You've already said you don't like the C7, and you won't buy one. You have an order in for a Porsche. Why are you here, then, other than to troll and stir up trouble?

Michael

Last edited by Michael A; 08-05-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Yeah...you should probably do just that.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:56 PM
uxojerry
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GM marketing would have been disappointed if the Z51 had spanked the GTR. How would you market two additional HALO cars if the base+ was that good. The only reason this comparison happened is GM has not fielded their HALO cars yet.

I am happy with the Z51 performance but am not happy with it's fighting weight. If the Z51 had a DCT and AWD, it would be as heavy as a GTR. The weight does not bode well for the HALO models, especially the ZR1 equivalent. What is it going to weigh, 3700lbs?
Old 08-06-2013, 12:01 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

I stopped caring about the GT-R after the R34 was replaced. It stopped being a true driver's car after that, in my humble opinion.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:00 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by geezerman
There's various reasons for that,..you, as well as I, know what they are,...but you're point about 911's only being matched against the gtr pricewise,..as say,..number of turbo's versus number of gtr's,..is a valid one. However,..the problem with that aurgument, is that almost ALL 911's are now, when specced with any options, EVEN the entry level ones,..approaching 100k,..the pricepoint of the gtr,.and they STILL outsell it by a 9-1 ratio. The point i'm making, is that the wealthy car buyer today,..has all these options to spend, what?,..about 100k on,..and they obviously are NOT smitten with Nissan's gtr. The sales numbers don't lie,...folks who can afford them,..just don't like 'em,..and the young ones, who seem to drool over them,.can't afford them.
You should probably look at how many $100k Corvettes GM can sell in a year, vs the GT-R. And look to our neighbors to the north to see if US patriotism is at play here.
That being said, I do agree the looks are challenging (I personally like its aggressiveness and understand why Nissan doesn't do a traditionally beautiful car like Ferrari/Corvette), and the palette of options is extremely limited, especially for a car in that price range. It's also freakin' huge. I agree Nissan mis-managed the LC feature in early cars, but stories of frail transmissions have been largely overblown.

As for weight, a hi-po ZR1/Z06 will likely be several hundred pounds lighter due to lightweight composite body and alloy frame construction. The R8 V10 Plus has a heavier body layout than the Corvette, has AWD and DCT, and still undercuts the GT-R by a couple hundred pounds. And that is not even the lightweight special, which (if it comes) would be like the R8 GT.
2.0 sec 0-60 for the '15 GT-R sounds way too good to be true.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:51 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Quick Reply: Edmunds 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 vs. 2013 Nissan GT-R Premium Track Test