Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by Garret
Wow...I personally find this hard to believe after I saw with my own eye's dudes this big getting into the car and they did not look comfy at all. Maybe they were
I have no idea, but I'm 6'3" 235 and I'm not worried about fitting when my C7 arrives. I fit in a C6 just fine. I seriously doubt that GM would build a Corvette that won't fit somebody who is 5'9", but to each their own. The car has to be comfortable to you.

I remember watching Chris Harris do a track test and review on the GT500 vs. ZL1. He commented that the seating position in the GT500 with the optional Recaros was "too high". The funny part about that is that they are height adjustable.

Maybe a few adjustments to the seat would have helped.
S.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

I keep thinking about this scene...

S.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Stord
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And sat in it and I will not be getting one. The cabin is smaller than my GS and I felt way to cramped and it was not comfortable to me. I'm also not a big guy, only 5'9''. I do have wide shoulders and not that big of a back end and the seats were the standard seats in the car.

I like the looks of the car...even though it was not a white one , but to ride in this all day on a cruise would not be fun for me and my co-pilot.

That is all...carry on...
I'm also 5' 9" and had the opportunity to sit in a C-7 this week. I thought it was similar to my C-6, but to each their own.

Then again, I've always said that one doesn't get into a Corvette. One puts a Corvette on. I like the cockpit feel. It reminds me of a previous life.
Steve
Old 07-27-2013, 05:17 PM
rixvette
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there today and I was able to sit in both seats of the car. You feel like you are in a cockpit. I liked the smaller steering wheel. Overall, the fit and finish in the interior was outstanding.

I made the second round with my C7 order but had to eliminate the carbon fiber dash trim because it was back ordered. I was surprised how little of the interior had the carbon fiber trim.

The seats were comfortable but gave you a fitted feeling. Much more so than my C6.
The area in the back hatch seems smaller(wider but less height and depth) than my c6.

Overal,l I continue to be impressed and I heard a lot of positive comments.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rixvette
The seats were comfortable but gave you a fitted feeling. Much more so than my C6.
The area in the back hatch seems smaller(wider but less height and depth) than my c6.

Overal,l I continue to be impressed and I heard a lot of positive comments.
I would guess that the seats will break in a bit and after the car has been driven a few months will be more compliant and comfortable.
S.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:34 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

When I saw the C7 in person last weekend, it was sitting next to a Z06 at a car show. The space in the interior looked to be directly comparable, although they weren't letting us sit in the C7. My guess is that if you didn't feel like you fit in the C7, it might have been the feel of the new seat that you weren't used to or the seat wasn't adjusted properly

Originally Posted by Daniel White
No more than anyone on the C6 forum who cares what you think.
Your comment would work if C7 fans frequently went into the C6 forum and complained about the C6. Since we don't, your argument is pointless.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
I would guess that the seats will break in a bit and after the car has been driven a few months will be more compliant and comfortable.
S.
Who you calling FAT ***? LOL. LOL. LOL.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel White
No more than anyone on the C6 forum who cares what you think.
Your probably correct. However since I have never been to the C6 forum, or have any plan to, we will never know.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:42 PM
rixvette
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

S.
For sure. However, they were not uncomfortable new. I liked the feeling.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
All of us on the C7 forum appreciate when a C6 owner takes the time to tell us why they are not buying a C7. What surprises me is the writer thinks anyone on the C7 forum cares.

I get a chuckle that the regularly bashed C6 interior...due in part to the seats, gets a pass and in fact a nod in favor from a C6 owner. Compared to the wonderful reviews by testers the C7 interior and seats are getting which all are stating how much better things are in the C7.

Looks like again a proud C6 owner not willing to embrace the positive improvements made to the new C7.

"the C7 seats are too good, f it I'm keeping my C6"
Old 07-27-2013, 05:50 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO

I get a chuckle that the regularly bashed C6 interior...due in part to the seats, gets a pass and in fact a nod in favor from a C6 owner. Compared to the wonderful reviews by testers the C7 interior and seats are getting which all are stating how much better things are in the C7.

Looks like again a proud C6 owner not willing to embrace the positive improvements made to the new C7.

"the C7 seats are too good, f it I'm keeping my C6"
I think some people provide their honest feedback about the C7.

Unfortunately, those reasonable people with some negative impressions of the C7 get drowned out or heavily discounted by some of the very loud C6 owners who feel personally offended by the updates in the C7 as they take it personally and fear that their car will now look like "old hat." That fear is totally unwarranted - if they like their car, that's all that matters. It's childish to need to attend a forum based upon enthusiasm for another car just to try and justify your own. I'm not even sure how that makes sense to some people.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Jesterissimo
Instructor

Originally Posted by gthal
What is funny is that there are reports of very big guys saying the car fits fine and similar to the C6 and others who report the opposite. Maybe it is simply build type? I'm 5'11 and 200lbs (all muscle ) so I shouldn't have an issue but it is interesting why some bigger built and tall guys think it is fine and others think not.

I can think of two possibilities to account for the posts we're seeing that have people who are similarly sized making very different comments...

1 - Actual physical differences: different or improper seat and wheel adjustments, targa roof off versus on (or with the person - short torso long legs versus short legs long torso, etc).

2 - Mental feelings: some people will like a closed in, tight feeling whereas others won't feel right unless they feel as though they have open space around them. Comparing the C6 versus the C7 interiors from photos it's obvious that the C7 is much more of a wrap around cockpit design whereas the C6 is a more conventional flat dash and console design. Even if the dimensions around the driver are the same, the optics of having the dash sweep down around you will feel very different. The car will feel smaller and some people are going to notice that more than others depending on their own perspective.

Given the equal dimensions of the C6 and the C7 I'd have to say that if you are comfortable in the C6 but not the C7 that perhaps the question you should be asking is "am I able to get in the same driving position as I am in the C6?" if you can get in the same driving position then you do fit in the car, you just don't like the feeling of it. If that's the case you might get used to it after a few hours behind the wheel (or you may not), so you should probably see if you can get your hands on one for a day or two (rental, borrow from friend, etc) once they're out. On the other hand, if you actually can't physically get in the same driving position in the C7 then something has changed that somehow isn't reflected in the basic dimensions the spec sheet shows, and that's a potential issue for GM down the road (big problem if existing customers can't buy the new car).
Old 07-27-2013, 05:58 PM
rgamache
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And sat in it and I will not be getting one. The cabin is smaller than my GS and I felt way to cramped and it was not comfortable to me. I'm also not a big guy, only 5'9''. I do have wide shoulders and not that big of a back end and the seats were the standard seats in the car.

I like the looks of the car...even though it was not a white one , but to ride in this all day on a cruise would not be fun for me and my co-pilot.

I like the fell of the seats and the organization of the cockpit. I think the seats are more comfortable than the C6 when properly adjusted.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Who you calling FAT ***? LOL. LOL. LOL.
Huh? What? Well I never...

S.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:09 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
I was there too and heard that same complaint from a few other people. It does feel smaller to me also. One of my buddies who is pretty tall said his head was almost hitting the roof, he currently owns a ZR1 and thought it also felt smaller.

It definitely does feel like it wraps around you and would hold you in place on the twisty roads.
Evidently the change in seating is much greater than many expected. I would wager that many were expecting a fit similar to that which we've gotten used to in the C6.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:14 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

I keep thinking about this scene...

S.
My s/o drives like that ....................... Seriously .......................
Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,838 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by harlold
It isn't a BMW 750Li, you aren't supposed to feel like it is an extra room in your house.
I agree with this. I just sat in a Cayman last weekend and it fit like a glove. That's how a true sports car is supposed to feel....it's not a houseboat.

Get notified of new replies

To Saw it in person today.......

Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 PM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 692 Likes on 277 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

What a joke

I sat in the car and am much larger and you cannot BEGIN to call it cramped. Enjoy your C6
Old 07-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 13 Posts

Now this pisses me off. I specifically called the show manager and he told me that the car would not be open for the public to sit in unless you were attending the evening dinner. I didn't want to spend 6 hours on the road just to gawk so I passed.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:07 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal
Nothing better than feeling "wrapped" in a sports car If you want spacious then get a Buick

Originally Posted by AVETTE
What a joke

I sat in the car and am much larger and you cannot BEGIN to call it cramped. Enjoy your C6

Quick Reply: Saw it in person today.......