Sponsored by:

C7 = Great Car; Chevy Service = ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 12:08 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

The Chevy techs won't be able to work on the C7's. They could not even work on my 1991 ZR1! Pitiful.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:39 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,441 Likes on 2,270 Posts

The Chevy Service is Crap mantra is a gross overgeneralization. Certainly there are very poor service dealers out there. There are also some very, very good ones. I'm fortunate to have access to an excellent service dept with Corvette techs that are top notch and with whom I've had a long relationship. They know me, I know them, and my cars get the red carpet treatment.

Trick is to find the good one in your area. Life is too short to put up with crappy service, no matter who is dishing it out. Don't be a victim; find a good shop, Chevy or indie and breathe easy.

The up side is it's not like these cars require a great deal of attention, and when they do, they are fairly straight-forward machines.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Tide Will Roll!
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be cool if the GM Tech's that have a considerable amount of experience with the C5 and C6 were listed somewhere that a Corvette owner could access to see. That way they could at least do some research before getting work done.
These same Techs will surely be trained to work on the C7 as well.

For instance a local GM dealer has a "Corvette Tech" according to the service manager. But according to the Tech himself, he has never had to work on a C6. Then again perhaps thats because these cars are so well built
Old 07-29-2013, 01:07 PM
AZC7
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedlink
I do remember your problem. You got the royal shaft.
With that said, sales and service are two separate entities. I agree service needs to get much better. There isn't much trust.
I think it's time for Corvette and Cadillac to merge sales and service. I know, we will have some that say Cadillac also needs some help. But I believe merging the two would help elevate the Corvette brand to a higher level in both marketing and sales. Hopefully service would be somewhat better as well......IMHO
So I guess you have no recommendations for me to service my C7 in the Valley of the Sun?

Quick Reply: C7 = Great Car; Chevy Service = ?