Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when will order tracking be back up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 09:57 AM
montanacowboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default when will order tracking be back up?

Order tracking is still down - my dealer said my car has been shipped - to Montana or Tenn? I ordered in Jan with deposit - just wondering if anyone has a clue about this? thx in advance
Old 09-22-2013, 10:09 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by montanacowboy
Order tracking is still down - my dealer said my car has been shipped - to Montana or Tenn? I ordered in Jan with deposit - just wondering if anyone has a clue about this? thx in advance
Your guess is as good as ours. With GMs track record 6-12 years...

What's your VIN? VINs about 310 and below are all in TN.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

It'll probably be back up when C7 buyers stop maxing out the bandwidth on GM's servers checking their order status 217 times a day.

S.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:42 AM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
It'll probably be back up when C7 buyers stop maxing out the bandwidth on GM's servers checking their order status 217 times a day.

S.
Then they need to switch server companies cause this should not happen to a company the size of GM. There are server co's that monitor traffic flow and have servers all over the world to handle just such an event.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:21 AM
luvlake
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt we will ever seed it again soon. I received a nice email from customer service. I believe that will be the communications method to check on order status. We all probably shot ourselves in the foot by checking status hourly. This way they can control the number and quality of information provided.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:28 AM
450hp mike9
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by luvlake
I doubt we will ever seed it again soon. I received a nice email from customer service. I believe that will be the communications method to check on order status. We all probably shot ourselves in the foot by checking status hourly. This way they can control the number and quality of information provided.
I received one of those form letters after 4 days and it said nothing. One guy on here has already had his car produced and they said no info @ this time and be patient.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:39 PM
montanacowboy
Advanced

my vin - the last 3 numbers are 671
Old 09-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

I'll bet it never comes back until this initial launch is over...I think months....
Old 09-22-2013, 12:46 PM
sccaracer46
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine is 00767 and my car shipped to dealer on 6-21-2013. Should be in good shape..................mine did not go to Nashville!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:24 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Doubt yours will goto TN. It will more than likely get shipped this week.

Originally Posted by luvlake
The reason they took it off line was because it was giving us "incorrect" information.

It was showing us 4D00 / 4B00 Vettes as "shipped / en route" when they were just sitting at BG.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

I do not have a date of when or even if the system will come up for the early C7's to be tracked. If you would like to PM me with your order number, I would be more than happy to check for you. It does take me a few hours to reply to each message. Thanks,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 09-25-2013, 12:19 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

I have an opinion on this. Pardon me while I zip up my flame suit.

In general, the demand on the system from all of us loonies checking 6 times a day has probably overloaded their system. A launch of a car like this does not happen everyday. These things are usually scaled for a certain level of traffic, and I am sure that the traffic is blowing it away. I know not everybody is doing it, but many are. And if you disagree with me, I simply say OK, let's just agree to disagree.

Also, I think there is a certain manipulation of the system by GM in order to get parts on hand and do the standard production planning that isn't so standard with a brand new product. I think this is what causes moves from 3000 to 3300 and back again some times. Again, that affects the system.

It is disingenuous to expect GM to admit all of this if it is indeed true and not just my opinion. Instead they do what they have done, take the system down, and give an alternate method that may or may not work so well.

OK, suit zipped, helmet on.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:49 PM
montanacowboy
Advanced

no flame here.......just enjoyed the info on where things were at......checked once a week until it said it was produced......no biggie......this is my 7th vet .....starting with a 63 stingray and just sold my last vette.......a 2006 z06.........que' sara' sara'
Old 09-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by khoeysr
I have an opinion on this. Pardon me while I zip up my flame suit.

In general, the demand on the system from all of us loonies checking 6 times a day has probably overloaded their system. A launch of a car like this does not happen everyday. These things are usually scaled for a certain level of traffic, and I am sure that the traffic is blowing it away. I know not everybody is doing it, but many are. And if you disagree with me, I simply say OK, let's just agree to disagree.

Also, I think there is a certain manipulation of the system by GM in order to get parts on hand and do the standard production planning that isn't so standard with a brand new product. I think this is what causes moves from 3000 to 3300 and back again some times. Again, that affects the system.

It is disingenuous to expect GM to admit all of this if it is indeed true and not just my opinion. Instead they do what they have done, take the system down, and give an alternate method that may or may not work so well.

OK, suit zipped, helmet on.
no suit needed..but here's why some are calling several times a day - because the info you get is not always the same!!...they must have a few databases going - I think they can check multiple places...once you can call the chat and get one answer, and then the CR rep here and get another, you tend to want to call again...

Chevy is causing a bit of their own problem here...
Old 09-25-2013, 01:37 PM
C7 BOB
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

When you have a problem with something and don't know what's wrong, do you know when it will be fixed? It will be fixed when it's fixed.

Get notified of new replies

To when will order tracking be back up?

Quick Reply: when will order tracking be back up?