Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dallas dealer story. Last night . I had enough

Old 07-23-2013, 04:22 PM
kokoa87
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dallas dealer story. Last night . I had enough

SAME GY WHO OWNS THS DEALER OWNS CORVETTE WORLD N DALLAS.. YA SRE NO ALLCATON.... WRONG !!!!!!

[/U]had talked to friendly chevrolet in dallas tx off inwood rd back in march or april i believe.. i think it was march..
i gave them the salesman my info and he added me to some people also looking for the stingray..

i heard nothing for may june.. i went back in to see them in june and tried asking whats going on with the allocation and when will i know anything.. they said we dont know our allocation.. basically know nothing..

i went back in july 3 and asked the same thing... where am i in line and do you have an order form or sheet to see the options and basically whats going on ? i would like to get going on the order somehow..

they kept saying we dont know anything.. sales manager and the salesman i was dealing with.. that was july 3

i went in last night again.. i gave them 3 more weeks.. i knew they werent gonna call me so i went in.. said hi have you heard anything.. he still said nope.. dont know about our allocation..

i knew then they are pulling some kind of crap on me.. i said you know what take me off the list.. im not interested.. i been here 3 times and you guys know nothing and its july 22? he said ok ill take you off.. and just stood there..

so i stood there.. i said take me off.. he said ok.. and stood there.. i said whats my name? he didnt know my name and couldnt remember.. i knew he wouldnt.. so i said how you gonna take me off when you dont know my name? he said sir stop playing games whats your name.. i said no you tell me. he started to walk away and walked down to a different part of the dealership.. because i caught them lying.. i told him off raised my voice in the dealership i was so ticked.. they treated me like a piece of crap cocky arrogant jerks every time i went in to ask about it.. maybe cuz im a small guy and they are all 3 times my size or something who know but i dont care..

i said you just lied to me.. he wanted to know if i called him a liar , i said yes i m callin you a liar.. no i should call him a nice puppy dog i guess.. he wanted to show me something in his desk i stood there and waited then left cuz why waste my old life getting older on these liars..

the other salesman gathered as i raised my voice cuz i had enough of there games and i walked through them to leave.. . big deal.. if they would started something on me i would own their children.. punks..

never again you lousy crap Chevrolet dealers
i had a same problem in akron ohio at the old greenwald chevrolet when i bought my 2003 .. they couldnt even know how to put on the side moldings correctly,, another dealer broke my ash tray door..

you dealers can buzz off you are ghetto liars who dont know moslty what your doing .. no wonder people buy foreign cars.. !!!!!!!!! gm ghetto clueless who know how to only sell sivlerados (whooo woowwwww) and chevy cruze and sparks !! (wow dont kill me with excitement gm)

ya not all gm dealers are a joke but most of them yes they are !!!!!!!

i do have to say in all fairness... rick conti has contacted me weeks ago and tried to help me .. he saw an old post and he does seem to know what hes talking about.. i f i ever get one im trying with his dealership thats it . im just too mad now..

Last edited by kokoa87; 07-25-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

What is interesting is this is a Forum member so we get to know his story. What about the buyers getting screwed and do not know about the Forum to publize their plight?
If I could emphasize anything to members of the Forum this one thing. Buy from Forum dealers. I use Mike Furman at Chriswell ( see the side bar for Criswell's number) and there are others too.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:35 PM
2K3Z06
Burning Brakes

Location: KADS- If it has wings or an engine, I can break it. Dallas TX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys need to get a grip. Cars won't be out till Aug./Sept. Pouting and throwing a fit at the dealer, does absoultely nothing.

Have a beer, go to the beach. In 3 months, there will be corvettes out the aZZ

***** Once again, the Production has NOT started yet.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:36 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

This one is easy, and as a forum member here, you should have known all along. ALL dealers getting stingrays got their allocation notices months ago. If your dealer "didn't know" - then they didn't get any allocation, meaning they had no cars for you. That happened to me, and instead of causing a scene - I simply got my deposit back and moved it to a larger dealership.

The guy probably did have your name taken down somewhere but, without having any allocation, he probably had no actual list to cross you off from. Think about it, he probably just had your contact info down and in his mind, he'd still like to call you anyway whenever he had allocation - so he figured "this guy isn't on a waiting list, there's nothing to cross him off of, and I still want to give him a call when I finally get cars."

And you reamed him. It's hard to say without having been there, but it feels like you were probably in the wrong here.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:41 PM
kokoa87
Instructor

Pouting ? No I just wanted an answer something except arrogance. You get a grip. Read what I said. I knew they were lying

All I'm asking is DONT LIE !!!

Read what I said not your dumb opinion
Old 07-23-2013, 04:42 PM
kokoa87
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2K3Z06
You guys need to get a grip. Cars won't be out till Aug./Sept. Pouting and throwing a fit at the dealer, does absoultely nothing.

I KNOW THAT. IM ASKING JUST FOR THEM NOT TO LIE. OR DO most PEOPLE ON HERE LIE TOO SO IT'S OK THEN ??
Old 07-23-2013, 04:45 PM
kokoa87
Instructor

Originally Posted by C7 4 Me
This one is easy, and as a forum member here, you should have known all along. ALL dealers getting stingrays got their allocation notices months ago. If your dealer "didn't know" - then they didn't get any allocation, meaning they had no cars for you. That happened to me, and instead of causing a scene - I simply got my deposit back and moved it to a larger dealership.

The guy probably did have your name taken down somewhere but, without having any allocation, he probably had no actual list to cross you off from. Think about it, he probably just had your contact info down and in his mind, he'd still like to call you anyway whenever he had allocation - so he figured "this guy isn't on a waiting list, there's nothing to cross him off of, and I still want to give him a call when I finally get cars."

And you reamed him. It's hard to say without having been there, but it feels like you were probably in the wrong here.

How was I in the wrong ? HE LIED / their attitude sucked the whole way. Are you serious or related to them ?

so you' are saying I'm in the wrong ??!!! Hahahah hey Pal go open up a dealership GM. you would fit well with them
Old 07-23-2013, 04:49 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kokoa87
How was I in the wrong ? HE LIED / their attitude sucked the whole way. Are you serious or related to them ?

so you' are saying I'm in the wrong ??!!! Hahahah hey Pal go open up a dealership GM. you would fit well with them
Their attitude may have sucked - although your only provided example of that was basically after you stood in the middle of their dealership screaming.

It's true - lots of those guys simply sell cars. If their dealership manager doesn't get an allocation notice, the actual sales staff might very well not get any information on the car. At most, this guy just knew he currently didn't have any allocation.

By telling you he didn't know when they'd have cars, or that he didn't have any, you calling him a liar doesn't make any sense.

Like I said - anyone who participates on this forum would have known months ago that their dealership didn't get cars. Only 900 dealerships did - and if yours was like mine, and said "We haven't heard anything on the car," then that's easy - logic dictates that they didn't get allocation. You simply move your deposit, problem solved.

I read the same forum as you, and I didn't have to scream at anyone even though I initially got the same response as you did.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Zuti
Drifting

Location: Life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 6-8-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by kokoa87

Wow - You really need to chill! Not everyone is a jerk. This is a great forum with really good people who honestly try to provide good and fair advice and are just giving their opinion of the situation. Back down from the attack mode!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 369 Posts

Calm down Grasshoppa, good things come to those who wait!
I implore you to be patient.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

This one is easy, and as a forum member here, you should have known all along. ALL dealers getting stingrays got their allocation notices months ago. If your dealer "didn't know" - then they didn't get any allocation, meaning they had no cars for you. That happened to me, and instead of causing a scene - I simply got my deposit back and moved it to a larger dealership. ...
Sorry, but you are completely wrong in your assumption. Friendly Chevrolet is one of the 900 dealers with allocations:
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Sucks they jerked the OP around for months instead of leveling with him.

Rick Conti posted TODAY that he has 3 extra allocations for the end of the second consensus:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ay-placed.html

Good luck.
S.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:03 PM
LouB57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a bit of run around also in my area (Hartford,CT) from 3 different dealers. I try and avoid stereotyping, but as in anything else in life, there are those with integrity, and then there are scum.

Finally, as a last resort, tried Davidson Chevy in Canton,CT; He had 2 allocations, so he told me, and I got his first. And he wasn't lying; I am in the first consensus, am sitting at 3000, and awaiting a TPW; No haggling, no BS, MSRP, reasonable deposit.

There are decent dealers out there, you have to separate the good from the crap

Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I had a similar situation. Went with Mike Furman and stopped worrying about allocations and dealers who are more interested in selling 20 Silverado's and 40 Cruzes instead of one Corvette.

Your frustration is not yours alone.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:08 PM
kokoa87
Instructor

WRONG MR COOL NORMAL GUY ,

Raised voice didn't scream. Hardly anyone there at closing time

FUNY YOU SAY NOTHING ABOUT HOW THEY LIED AND like thats ITS OK,,,,.... ???
Old 07-23-2013, 05:09 PM
kokoa87
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zuti
Wow - You really need to chill! Not everyone is a jerk. This is a great forum with really good people who honestly try to provide good and fair advice and are just giving their opinion of the situation. Back down from the attack mode!

Attack mode ? Calling a liar a liar ??? I am was spending money there. They lied and jerked me around. That's attack mode as I get older and waste my time there ??
Old 07-23-2013, 05:10 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Sorry, but you are completely wrong in your assumption. Friendly Chevrolet is one of the 900 dealers with allocations:
Then my apologies. That certainly does show that my assumption is incorrect.

You'd hope the sales staff would know whether they have allocation.

Get notified of new replies

To Dallas dealer story. Last night . I had enough

Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K3Z06

No kidding. Don't understand people who get themselves in such a state over a CAR. Just wait one year. That same dealer will be begging you to take it off his hands, and if not, you can use one of the very good Forum dealers who will give you a nice deal. Good lord.

OP, aren't you the guy who was arguing with his dad about whether to get a C7 or discounted C6 or something?

Last edited by TTRotary; 07-23-2013 at 05:15 PM.
kokoa87
Instructor

Their attitude may have sucked - although your only provided example of that was basically after you stood in the middle of their dealership screaming.

It's true - lots of those guys simply sell cars. If their dealership manager doesn't get an allocation notice, the actual sales staff might very well not get any information on the car. At most, this guy just knew he currently didn't have any allocation.

By telling you he didn't know when they'd have cars, or that he didn't have any, you calling him a liar doesn't make any sense.

Like I said - anyone who participates on this forum would have known months ago that their dealership didn't get cars. Only 900 dealerships did - and if yours was like mine, and said "We haven't heard anything on the car," then that's easy - logic dictates that they didn't get allocation. You simply move your deposit, problem solved.

I read the same forum as you, and I didn't have to scream at anyone even though I initially got the same response as you did.
They are getting allocation. They sell vettes there come on man !!

He lied. How is he taking me off a list without knowing my name ?? Dont you get it? I would not know a stinking thing 3 months down the road. They are contacting me,, dont you get it ?
kokoa87
Instructor

They are getting allocation. They sell vettes there come on man !!

He lied. How is he taking me off a list without knowing my name ?? Dont you get it? I would not know a stinking thing 3 months down the road. They not weren't or gonna be contacting me,, dont you get it ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dallas dealer story. Last night . I had enough