Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the Hell!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:27 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

I appreciate that those with orders in want their cars....that said, getting all wound up on event codes (which seem to be changing a lot) and IGNORING the information that's been WELL KNOWN for some time seems counter productive:
1. Production will begin in August (that's even mentioned in this very thread).
2. Deliveries will begin late 3rd quarter (the 3rd quarter is July/August/September). This is ALSO mentioned in this thread.

Jimmy

FWIW: I ordered (and GM accepted) my 2005 C6 convertible the first week of August 2004 (I was first on the dealer's list for a convertible). My car was delivered the first week of February 2005.

Last edited by jimmyb; 07-22-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:17 PM
agapsdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 147 Posts

My dealer sent me an email today to say my order was accepted and gave me my order #....Must be some movement at BG.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:30 PM
BADA BING
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry can someone explain what 3000 and 3300 is, and TBW. I ordered mine a month ago and this is a first for me pre ordering. I usually wait a year so maybe I need some knowledge so I know what to ask my sales guy.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default I'll bet...

...that a couple of months from now anyone who was an early order will be crusing and whose got built first or second will be a distant memory.
This is from a business person who has factory ordered almost every car I own, most recently the 5th gen Camaro. And if you think things are bad ordering the C7, you should have seen the cluster *#$% that went on back in 2009 the the Camaro.
When I get it, I'll get it and there's nothing I will be able to do about it until then.
Its like an eternal Christmas eve... A N T I C I P A T I O N
Old 07-23-2013, 03:43 PM
jashearer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what happens when people get too much information. They take it out of context and make a huge deal over nothing.

When your buddy down the street who has a 2nd consensus is driving his car before you, then complain. For now just sit back, have a beer and relax.

Jay
Old 07-23-2013, 05:10 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by jashearer
This is what happens when people get too much information. They take it out of context and make a huge deal over nothing.

When your buddy down the street who has a 2nd consensus is driving his car before you, then complain. For now just sit back, have a beer and relax.

Jay
+1
I totally understand people want their cars (and I'm SURE GM wants to deliver their cars!) but this "Ready, Fire, Aim" mentality that is going on is just shortening folks lives. Everyone settle down, I KNOW for sure that those of you in these early consensus' will be driving WAY before I get my convertible.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: What the Hell!!