Very comfortable with Kerbeck.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 09:30 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Very comfortable with Kerbeck.

I have a deposit with Kerbeck Corvette, reputed to be the #1 Corvette dealer. They have allocation for a total of 507 cars in the first 9 months. I am 173 on their list.

I am new to the Corvette as a CTSV owner. My instinct is that I am in better shape and may see my car sooner with Kerbeck than will somebody who is number 5 at a dealer with an allocation of 10. I know the order specifics can impact that.

I am interested if those of you in the know about this have a comment. I also realize that in a situation like this none of us have any control whatsoever about when we will see our cars.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:50 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by khoeysr
I have a deposit with Kerbeck Corvette, reputed to be the #1 Corvette dealer. They have allocation for a total of 507 cars in the first 9 months. I am 173 on their list.

I am new to the Corvette as a CTSV owner. My instinct is that I am in better shape and may see my car sooner with Kerbeck than will somebody who is number 5 at a dealer with an allocation of 10. I know the order specifics can impact that.

I am interested if those of you in the know about this have a comment. I also realize that in a situation like this none of us have any control whatsoever about when we will see our cars.
In my 12 years on the forum I can say that complaints about Kerbeck are extremely rare, and they are an asset to the forum. I have met Dave in person. Even though he knows I'll likely never buy a car from him because of the relation I have with a local dealer, he could not have been nicer and more professional. You should be fine with them.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Kerbeck has gotten good reviews for many years. Things should go well with Kerbeck. I was number 4 of 11 with a local dealer. I am at status 3000 now.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,438 Likes on 781 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I bought both of my C6's from Kerbeck. Both experiences were the best I've ever had in purchasing a vehicle. I have never been to the dealership nor have I met Dave in person. I need to rectify that one day.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

refreshing to hear something positive about a dealer for a change
Old 07-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
refreshing to hear something positive about a dealer for a change
Isn't that nice..
Old 07-22-2013, 11:23 AM
post-it
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a chance to get my C7 with Kerbeck, I would have been in the first 20 or so orders placed. I also had a deposit placed early on with my local dealer, from which I have confidence. I chose to stay with the dealer that is 12 minutes form my home. My order was placed on 7/11 and is queued for production at this point in time.
No doubt Kerbeck is the largest dealer in the US and seem to have a loyal customer base. You will do fine with them.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,145 Posts

It all depends what YOU need in a deal. Got a trade? When do you want the car? What is the financial situation?

That being said I think Kerbeck is great. I mean you don't get to be #1 by accident.

Funny I've dealt with a couple others who are chasing Kerbeck. A couple may be stiff competition but several will never get there.

Good luck!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:37 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

Great to hear all of the good stuff.

How about your feelings about my spot with them- #173. Am I in a better spot with a large allocation dealer than with a low number with a small allocation dealer?
Old 07-22-2013, 11:42 AM
racerguyz28
Racer

I just bought a car from kerbeck 2 weeks ago I was going to wait but decided not to especially with the promos they are running. I was in and out of there in an hour and a half. They could not be any nicer my salesman Ron was awsome. He even came in on his day off to see the delivery of the car. I will be getting all my corvettes from there plus they have such a huge amount of allocations you will find exactly what you are looking for.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:50 AM
post-it
Racer

How about your feelings about my spot with them- #173. Am I in a better spot with a large allocation dealer than with a low number with a small allocation dealer?
AT this point in time, it is a moot point. I don't feel you will find a dealer with a small allocation that has any of them not spoken for.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

I'm #33 at Kerbeck, and my order went to 3000 status on the second consensus.

Before placing the order with Kerbeck, I had two deposits down with local dealers, and I can't express to you enough how great the decision was to take those deposits off and go with Dave at Kerbeck's.

Aside from Kerbeck's ability to get you a car relatively quickly, the main thing is that they are experts and handle it as such. The local dealers are clueless in comparison, never having all the answers. Because they don't sell many Corvettes, there's really no reason for them to be Corvette experts.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Mariano
Pro

Received 163 Likes on 71 Posts
Default m

Interesting! You are #173. It would be meaningful if you knew how many orders they have been allocated so far, i.e., June and 1st July consensus. What have they told you? Many dealerships (even the "good ones") are reluctant to reveal these numbers.

That info would give you a good idea where your order stands in the overall picture. In my case for example, it is reported that my dealership is getting around 400 for the 6-9 months. I am #43. I know that they have received a total of 42 allocations as of July 18th. However, there were a couple of cancellations plus the FAY constraints. There will be a 2nd July consensus this week. Therefore, I expect my order #43 will be allocated and accepted by Chevrolet any day now.

By the way, Kerbecks reputation for customer service and Corvette expertise is rock solid. The same for my dealership; Les Stanford in Metro-Detroit, for that matter.

Good luck, Alfie (Mariano)

Last edited by Mariano; 07-22-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:08 PM
post-it
Racer

Originally Posted by Speednet
I'm #33 at Kerbeck, and my order went to 3000 status on the second consensus.

Before placing the order with Kerbeck, I had two deposits down with local dealers, and I can't express to you enough how great the decision was to take those deposits off and go with Dave at Kerbeck's.

Aside from Kerbeck's ability to get you a car relatively quickly, the main thing is that they are experts and handle it as such. The local dealers are clueless in comparison, never having all the answers. Because they don't sell many Corvettes, there's really no reason for them to be Corvette experts.
No doubt Kerbeck is a good dealer and supporter of this Forum, however, I feel it is not correct to state that some local dealers are clueless. My local dealer has come thru for me just as promised. The dealer is 12 minutes from my front door. What good is an expert dealer when they are 100 plus miles from my home?
Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here has been my experience since buying new corvettes since 1980.....

I have never been able to finalize a deal with Kerbeck,but on the forum Dave Salvatore has been Stellar....with that said .....phone replies not that good,trade in appraised value not great/ fair...IMHO..fees? IMHO Quite a few ....but all on the table and up front!.they are#1 for a reason they move a ton of corvettes ....as far as pricing goes right now...all top 5 dealers all the same.....all list ,so no need to go into weather one top dealer over another ,who has the better deal! If I remember your situation correct your fine and have no problem at allyou will have your car before most if not all people using small town dealers!

Hope this helps!

Ron
Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 PM
GatMix07C6
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfie43
Interesting! You are #173. It would be meaningful if you knew how many orders they have been allocated so far, i.e., June and 1st July consensus. What have they told you? Many dealerships (even the "good ones") are reluctant to reveal these numbers.

That info would give you a good idea where your order stands in the overall picture. In my case for example, it is reported that my dealership is getting around 400 for the 6-9 months. I am #43. I know that they have received a total of 42 allocations so far as of July 18th. However, there were a couple of cancellations plus the FAY constraints and there will be a 2nd July consensus this week. Therefore, I expect my order #43 will be allocated and accepted by Chevrolet any day now.

By the way, Kerbecks reputation for customer service and Corvette expertise is rock solid. The same for my dealership; Les Stanford in Metro-Detroit, for that matter.

Good luck, Alfie (Mariano)
Alfie - I don't think there are getting 400 in the first 6-9 months. I had a deposit with them and I continually got different information from them. I was #130 on the list and decided to cancel. I then went to a different forum dealer, placed a deposit and I am sitting at 3300. Had I stuck it out I don't think I would have seen my car anytime soon.

If you would like to pm me I will give you more details.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:46 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Kerbecks has been the #1 sales volume leader in the nation for well over a decade. A small dealership in New Hampshire though is making rapid progress toward wrestling that title away from them some day.

Get notified of new replies

To Very comfortable with Kerbeck.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Not sure if the comparison is the same but I ordered my 2005 C6 from Kerbeck in early Nov 04. Picked up the car in mid Dec. My ordered 07 took about the same time, 6 weeks.

You're in good hands with Kerbeck
Old 07-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Pop-Pop
Intermediate

I am a first time buyer with Kerbeck, took the opportunity to drive down and meet Dave after talking to him on the phone. Very nice gentleman, worked with his colleague, Sam Kelly to order my C7. I am #122 on the list, and was informed I'll be in gue this week. Sam has been very responsive and easy to work with. Kerbeck is working very hard to have several C7's at Carlisle, but timing is everything with the new production. Thanks all for the feedback!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:31 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I am a muti-time purchaser from Kerbeck. At about 4 hours from my home, I have the luxury to drive there to look over inventory and make my deals. They also have some very classic pieces of Corvette models on display - or at least did as of the last time I was there.

Each time I have been there they have been busy. They have always treated professionally and with courtesy. I have purchased both from their inventory and special ordered - they were equally fine experiences.

I have also purchased elsewhere - sometimes depending on inventory, sometimes on price - nothing different than any other competitive business situation.

They are knowledgeable and shrewd business persons. As others have said, you don't get to be and stay number 1 for a decade without good customer experiences.

Quick Reply: Very comfortable with Kerbeck.