Sponsored by:

Very comfortable with Kerbeck.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 01:41 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GOLD72
Kerbecks has been the #1 sales volume leader in the nation for well over a decade. A small dealership in New Hampshire though is making rapid progress toward wrestling that title away from them some day.
Small dealer in New Hampshire........Check Mac Mulkin sales records since 2007.....far from small in Corvette world!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I bought from Dave at kerbeck over the phone. When I rolled into town to pick up the corvette ...it was probably the best new car purchase I ve made in over 35 years of buying new cars.

I wish you good luck and imagine you will be thrilled with the new c7!

Congratulations
Old 07-22-2013, 07:40 PM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

Talked to Dave a couple of years ago about a 2011 coupe, but deferred buying until 2013. Ended up buying from Tommy Jr., but Dave was very accessible and took my phone call...very friendly guy.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:47 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I've had a very good relationship with Dave as well, and he's been a pleasure to work with. I had a deposit with another dealer who was also knowledgeable, but couldn't deliver with the speed that Kerbeck could. That said, I am happy to be working with Dave and plan to be a long time customer of his.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:07 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,122 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by vetehead
Small dealer in New Hampshire........Check Mac Mulkin sales records since 2007.....far from small in Corvette world!
It was tongue in cheek obviously. They were #2 in vette sales last year. Tommy Jr. went the extra mile in Fall of 2010 in getting GM's promise to build it prior to the year end for me to qualify for incentives and ordered my ZR1. Kerbecks failed to respond to my inquiry for a quote.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 AM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GOLD72
It was tongue in cheek obviously. They were #2 in vette sales last year. Tommy Jr. went the extra mile in Fall of 2010 in getting GM's promise to build it prior to the year end for me to qualify for incentives and ordered my ZR1. Kerbecks failed to respond to my inquiry for a quote.
That has been my experience with Kerbeck also...not responsive for pricing ,unless you are in front of a salesman I.E.....driving to Atlantic City!

Last edited by vetehead; 07-28-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:33 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks everybody for taking the time to post. I remain very comfortable and will wait like all of you for the "royal birth".

BTW, my 2011 CTS V coupe was built in Lansing on a Monday and I picked it up that Friday in Rochester NY. From other threads it seems that the C7 will hang at the plant for a while.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:02 AM
kevkrav
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Purchased both my c5 and c6 from Kerbeck. Had great experiences both times. Love the no haggle, here's what the price is this week. Have since moved to Florida but will be flying up to A.C. to pick up a C7 in a year or two and drive it back to Florida.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Kenoodle
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the pros and cons of buying from an out-of-state dealer? How do you decide where to get that vehicle serviced?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:44 PM
BADA BING
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by khoeysr
I have a deposit with Kerbeck Corvette, reputed to be the #1 Corvette dealer. They have allocation for a total of 507 cars in the first 9 months. I am 173 on their list.

I am new to the Corvette as a CTSV owner. My instinct is that I am in better shape and may see my car sooner with Kerbeck than will somebody who is number 5 at a dealer with an allocation of 10. I know the order specifics can impact that.

I am interested if those of you in the know about this have a comment. I also realize that in a situation like this none of us have any control whatsoever about when we will see our cars.

I am number 144 with Kerbeck, when did you put your deposit in? What time frame did they give you?

All they said to me was maybe oct/nov time. Have they started receiving orders in from factory yet?

Last edited by BADA BING; 07-23-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:45 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BADA BING
I am number 144 with Kerbeck, when did you put your deposit in? What time frame did they give you?

All they said to me was maybe oct/nov time. Have they started receiving orders in from factory yet?
My deposit hit early last week. I asked my sales guy when he thought he might have an order number, and he said a couple of weeks.

This whole process it too mystifying for us mortals to comprehend. I just hope I see my car before the snow flies up here in central NY.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:47 PM
BADA BING
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by khoeysr
My deposit hit early last week. I asked my sales guy when he thought he might have an order number, and he said a couple of weeks.

This whole process it too mystifying for us mortals to comprehend. I just hope I see my car before the snow flies up here in central NY.
well, thats what I was confussed about, they cashed my check the day after I sent it July 3rd ( I thought they hold it until order) yet they were to call me before the order went in if I was to have any changes.

I am going to call next week to see where I am at. I will keep you posted. If you find out anything let me know. Thanks

Last edited by BADA BING; 07-23-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:48 PM
jmungiel
Intermediate

I purchased my first vette from them in 2009. Best car buying experience. Purchased my second vette from an alternate dealer, as they had my particular car.

Both Dave Salvatore and Dave brown are truly the best sales professionals i have dealt with. Can strongly recommend them and the dealership.

They run toys for tots in October every year.......great experience and great cause.

They even listen to me when I talk about my Shelby gt 500 super snake.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:03 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Bumping it up.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:22 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenoodle
What are the pros and cons of buying from an out-of-state dealer? How do you decide where to get that vehicle serviced?
selecting where to get your car serviced is no different then deciding where to get it serviced if you purchased locally.

I've purchased a new Corvette locally and also a new corvette from out of state. When I needed the car serviced that I purchased out of state, under warranty, I took it to the same local dealer where I had previously purchased a car. And I let the sales manager know why I purchased the car out of state.

BTW, the service manager doesn't give a crap where a car is purchased. His job is to make money in his service department. The sales manager wants the service department to do a good job on fixin' cars purchased elsewhere, as that gives him a shot at selling a new car to a happy customer from the service department, in the future.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:43 PM
dmporter31
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Joe summed up the service side of it nicely. Kerbeck has out of state sales down to a science. My last car was purchased out of state, literally took a couple of emails, drove up there, signed the paperwork and voila - all done. And if you're anywhere near AC, I'd highly recommend a drive there just to check out the collection . Beach, the boardwalk, poker tables out the wazoo - I can think of a lot worse ways to spend a weekend

Last edited by dmporter31; 07-28-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Big_Red_One
1st Gear

I like avoiding dealer "paperwork" charges, and being able to pay sales tax and states fees (taxes, again) on a credit card. This way I get my rebate / award points (great if you use the 5% GM card), and put off the cash-out for 45 days.

You potentially get the exact vehicle you want (more inventory in a greater area), and / or a better price (more competition.)

The downsides are wasting your time; cost of travel; and if you're not trailering the vehicle, you're risking a long drive on a green vehicle and the dealer's state may charge you for a "transit" registration. I imagine lenders might balk at unregistered vehicles, but I paid cash for the transactions I did this way.

Get notified of new replies

To Very comfortable with Kerbeck.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Carnut12
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

If I were you I would not be in a rush, name the last corvette that did not have significant issues its first year? The later you are the more bugs they get worked out, that would be my thoughts.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:13 PM
MThomas
Safety Car

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
selecting where to get your car serviced is no different then deciding where to get it serviced if you purchased locally.

I've purchased a new Corvette locally and also a new corvette from out of state. When I needed the car serviced that I purchased out of state, under warranty, I took it to the same local dealer where I had previously purchased a car. And I let the sales manager know why I purchased the car out of state.

BTW, the service manager doesn't give a crap where a car is purchased. His job is to make money in his service department. The sales manager wants the service department to do a good job on fixin' cars purchased elsewhere, as that gives him a shot at selling a new car to a happy customer from the service department, in the future.
You are correct. The service dept will work on your car you bought somewhere else. However, don't fool yourself. If they have one of their customers car there it will be worked on prior to yours. Just plan fact.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 PM
crazyeddie
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I bought from Kerbeck and I'm from Maryland. I chose to take my 2005 to the nearest Chevy dealer about 3 miles from my house. Well, that didn't turn out good, so I tried a dealer 10 miles from my house and I would recommend their Corvette service to anyone. You just have to look and ask around to find a dealer who is competent-eddie

Quick Reply: Very comfortable with Kerbeck.