Sponsored by:

Can C7 Convertible Orders Be Placed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 10:26 AM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Can C7 Convertible Orders Be Placed?

I ask, because in another Thread in the C7 Section, one of our good Members says:

" Let me add that a dealer in the 900 can even order a car that won't be made for several months, the convertible. The status sits at 1100 until he actually gets a convertible allocation. That's my situation. Order no. RDKXX0 from MT dealer, currently at 1100, and probably will stay there for a few months."

So should we be placing Convertible orders now ??
Old 07-21-2013, 07:16 AM
BBBOOMR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
I ask, because in another Thread in the C7 Section, one of our good Members says:

" Let me add that a dealer in the 900 can even order a car that won't be made for several months, the convertible. The status sits at 1100 until he actually gets a convertible allocation. That's my situation. Order no. RDKXX0 from MT dealer, currently at 1100, and probably will stay there for a few months."

So should we be placing Convertible orders now ??
My dealer has my convertible order. When we were putting it together he couldn't find a RPO for the top color. Hence, an order could not be placed. This was on his GM ordering site. He wants to get my SOLD order in ahead of stock orders for price protection. He is a small dealer, his allocation is for 3 coupes and 1 vert. He owns and hobby races corvettes himself. He will call me when he is able to place my order.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

According to Mike Furman...no. But maybe in a month.

Still no firm start dates either.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:56 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I think you could get all the options and colors put together and tentatively ready for the day orders can/will be taken. But I'm not sure why to do that since things could change betw. now and that day. What exactly, I have no idea but it could be a constrained item(s), or new colors, or change of something else. I'd say call or write Mike Furman for a concise answer if you are in doubt.

Get notified of new replies

To Can C7 Convertible Orders Be Placed?

Quick Reply: Can C7 Convertible Orders Be Placed?